You know your fast...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

This is a discussion on You know your fast... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just was fooling around last night and had 2 encounters... I was again just fooling around. G35 4 door ...

  1. #1
    Registered User 13secwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,427

    You know your fast...

    I just was fooling around last night and had 2 encounters... I was again just fooling around.

    G35 4 door
    3.2 acura tl type s

    The reason for my title is that in both cases I was just driving and both of these cars "goated" me into racing...I usually wouldnt race either car because frankly its not much fun, but you know the moment presented itself.

    My girlfriend was present and both cars were from high rolls around 70mph and both cars look like they were standing still once boost came in. Its just funny that both cars are very quick cars to normal cars and I just love how all these mods we do = them being very slow cars... My gf had to ask if they even were going and in both cases I asked and both of them gave some thumbs up and said whoa...It was all in good fun.

    What cars have you guys raced that you at one point thought were fast and then once you were modded you walked like they were standing still ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User silverscooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    976
    A stock WRX.

    In all seriousness, go race a bone stock Z06 and then report back to me. It's easy to think that a 350whp subaru is super fast (I know, I owned one) but when you start thinking about the grand scheme of things it's not all that.

    A stock LS1 f-body will put down 300whp and a Z06 will make around 350whp bone stock.

    Not trying to start **** as I'm sure you're aware of this. I'm just saying that I thought the same thing about my old WRX until I ran my buddies bone stock WS6 on my pump gas map (300whp) and barely pulled on him even after all my mods.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

  4. #3
    Registered User MidnightFLAT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dayton Ohio, Chicago IL
    Posts
    664
    I saw this black , loud and smelly z06 today on 290, had plates that said "EATS 911s"
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

  5. #4
    Registered User SERacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    1,819
    Not funny 13sexwrx...I'm still in G35 range
    SIRacing.Net

    Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

    does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

  6. #5
    Registered User 13secwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,427
    Silver,

    I am fully aware of all of my competition and even the cars that I am no where near too..

    Here was my point:

    Cars I used to think were fast , its nice to gauge my power vs them. It gives me a barometer for where I'm at. I am not that fast in the scheme of things but cars I used to think were really fast are'nt anymore. It was just a little eye opening...Look at what I referenced...a g35 and 3.2 type s...not an ls1 nor ls2...or 911 turbos...those cars are considered ridiculous by the norm. Not us because of the world we live in but to someone else there crazy fast...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    142
    I don't know about everybody else but in the grand scheme of things the cost of a 911 or a Z06 is way more than the cost of modding a WRX, in my opinion for the cost of our cars it's well worth all the power we have, awsome car by the way 13secwrx

  8. #7
    Registered User fastwrx135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    gurnee, IL
    Posts
    889
    Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Silver,

    I am fully aware of all of my competition and even the cars that I am no where near too..

    Here was my point:

    Cars I used to think were fast , its nice to gauge my power vs them. It gives me a barometer for where I'm at. I am not that fast in the scheme of things but cars I used to think were really fast are'nt anymore. It was just a little eye opening...Look at what I referenced...a g35 and 3.2 type s...not an ls1 nor ls2...or 911 turbos...those cars are considered ridiculous by the norm. Not us because of the world we live in but to someone else there crazy fast...
    But don't forget, those cars that you don't think are fast anymore are still stock. Im guessing the g35 sedan and 3.2TL-S were both stock. You must have somewhere around 5-6k in mods on your car, which in defense of the g35 and 3.2, is not fair. Im not trying to rag on you or anything but if I were to put $6k into my g35 coupe, then race from a 70mph roll, things would be much different. Again, im not trying to flame on you or anything. Im just reminding you that those cars that you beat are still fast but don't have 6k in mods put into them.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

  9. #8
    Registered User SERacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    1,819
    Originally posted by fastwrx135
    But don't forget, those cars that you don't think are fast anymore are still stock. Im guessing the g35 sedan and 3.2TL-S were both stock. You must have somewhere around 5-6k in mods on your car, which in defense of the g35 and 3.2, is not fair. Im not trying to rag on you or anything but if I were to put $6k into my g35 coupe, then race from a 70mph roll, things would be much different. Again, im not trying to flame on you or anything. Im just reminding you that those cars that you beat are still fast but don't have 6k in mods put into them.
    Its not about the mods...its not a who vs who, its just a timeline. Like what once used to be fast and now isn't...its not saying oh these cars suck, its just how things changed.
    SIRacing.Net

    Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

    does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

  10. #9
    Registered User fastwrx135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    gurnee, IL
    Posts
    889
    Originally posted by SERacing
    Its not about the mods...its not a who vs who, its just a timeline. Like what once used to be fast and now isn't...its not saying oh these cars suck, its just how things changed.
    I knew what he meant but im just trying to remind him that, yes they are slower then he is now but they are still quick cars nevertheless. Im sure he respects those cars. Im just saying to watch out because there are g35's and 3.2's out there quicker than he is.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC...too close to newark:(
    Posts
    423
    Originally posted by fastwrx135
    I knew what he meant but im just trying to remind him that, yes they are slower then he is now but they are still quick cars nevertheless. Im sure he respects those cars. Im just saying to watch out because there are g35's and 3.2's out there quicker than he is.
    sure..everywhere you go there's someone faster....

    I learned that lesson in my modded supra (used to wax vipers at the track)....I came across a stock looking Z06 that wan't so stock....he ended up being a Lingenfelter TT

  12. #11
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    16,941
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SLOW4EAT
    he ended up being a Lingenfelter TT
    hot damn.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

  13. #12
    Registered User 13secwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,427
    I hope you do see my point..I am refering to them in stock form. I am actually referring to all cars in stock form. Mods have made my car faster then these cars and now I can see the difference.

    P.s: I ran a greddy turbo'd g 35 and won...and I know there are faster ones of that one...but not many ..

    I dont think there are many 3.2's either...s/c they still dont make over 300whp... Never seen a turbo'd one nor one that would do low 12's like me...nor a g for that matter..unless you know something I dont...

    who knows though...someone out there...I'm sure of it.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Naperville
    Posts
    647
    wow - so many people just bashing.

    good kills man. I wish i could do the same. And to those who said "let me put 6k in mods in my g35" well... how about the cost differenece stock for stock? Ya u could dump 6K into the g35 but then you will be alot more expensive still than a modded wrx.

    I know exactly what u are saying 13sec - i like running against modded lancers (used to own one) and seeing how much faster stock i am than them. Its not becasue i nkow i can beat them, just nice to know where i once was and where i stand now, because i know what cars i could and coudlnt beat with the lancer (not many)

  15. #14
    Registered User skyphix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Hudson Falls, NY
    Posts
    236
    DSM's. Stock, I mean.


    And Neon ACR's (I wanted one in 98(?) when they first appeared)
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

  16. #15
    Registered User SERacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    1,819
    I hate when people start the well give....

    That starts a huge tit for tat war, coulda would shoulda...this isn't bracket racing and if we're talking about "evening the playing" in anyway shape or form there is no real way to do it. Its run what you brung and hope you brung enough...thats the same arguement people as "ok you beat me BUT can you beat my cousins next door neighbors uncle in Florida with a 8 second GN? AH HA!" .02
    SIRacing.Net

    Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

    does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •