Me and S4 Got Killed by a Civic HB
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me and S4 Got Killed by a Civic HB within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was out saturday night with my friend that has a 13.1sec S4, when this guy in a older civic ...

Me and S4 Got Killed by a Civic HB

I was out saturday night with my friend that has a 13.1sec S4, when this guy in a older civic HB pulled up beside us and obviously wanted to race. We were thinking "you are going to get schooled son" so we jumped off the line and left him, the next thing we knew he was infront of me and was pulling ahead of Rob's S4. Unbeleivable! Turns out he has a GS-R motor with a turbo. No N2O. It turns out he has done 11.9 E/Ts before. Amazing! I was shocked to say the least!
    Last edited by AaronC; 07-29-2002 at 02:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Me and S4 Got Killed by a Civic HB

Originally posted by AaronC
    I was out saturday night with my friend that has a 13.1sec S4, when this guy in a older civic HB pulled up beside us and obviously wanted to race. We were thinking "you are going to get schooled son" so we jumped off the line and left him, the next thing we knew he was infront of me and was pulling ahead of Rob's S4. Unbeleivable! Turns out he has a GS-R motor with a turbo. No N2O. It turns out he has done 11.9 E/Ts before. Amazing! I was shocked to say the least!
    I've heard many people say "the one car I won't race is a Civic HB because you never know what you're going against." I guess its the truth...

Just goes to show you that appearances can be deceiving. You never know what the guy next to you has...especially if he's overeager to race your car and an S4...either he has no idea WTF he's doing (90% of the time) or he's a silent assassian.

Better when its the silent assassin
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Agreed. I'd like to get my ass kicked by a Civic. It'd be refreshing =) Prolly make me go out and buy more power. Ah, excuses.

Sigh. I'm ready to cry here! Even with a GSR motor and nitrous, that Civic probably has about 160lb-ft of torque which is NOTHING compared to the mad power produced by the WRX and S4! I know you guys want to be nice to all the little people (anyone who owns a Honda), but faking death stories is a little condescending, don't you think?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Sigh. I'm ready to cry here! Even with a GSR motor and nitrous, that Civic probably has about 160lb-ft of torque which is NOTHING compared to the mad power produced by the WRX and S4! I know you guys want to be nice to all the little people (anyone who owns a Honda), but faking death stories is a little condescending, don't you think?
    What do you mean?

Originally posted by AaronC

What do you mean?
    Stop making up death stories just to make Honda owners feel better. There is absolutely no way that any Honda could ever beat a WRX. Ever. Simply never going to happen.

You can throw some glitter on a pile of crap but that won't make it smell pretty! Likewise, you can mod a Civic to the hilt but it won't make it fast like a WRX!

No more death stories against Civics, it just isn't very believable.
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks

Stop making up death stories just to make Honda owners feel better. There is absolutely no way that any Honda could ever beat a WRX. Ever. Simply never going to happen.

You can throw some glitter on a pile of crap but that won't make it smell pretty! Likewise, you can mod a Civic to the hilt but it won't make it fast like a WRX!

No more death stories against Civics, it just isn't very believable.
    What are you talking about? I thought you were half-joking until I read the post about how you lost badly to a Z24...dude, a suped up Civic can outrun a 'Vette, so why not a WRX or an S4? I'm sorry, but I think you really need to do your homework...WRX's are wonderful, powerful cars - but they are not McLarren F1s. There are plenty of cars on the road that can beat them if properly modified, Civics being one of them. Why would a guy lie about getting beat anyway? he's not trying to sympathize w/ Rsxracer, that's for sure...

another honda non believer.........
    civic w/ GSR motor w/ turbo kit on stock boost of 6-7 psi
    runs about 250 or so the wheels
    civic weighs about 2300lbs. hows that to power to weight ratio??
    a bolt on turbo civic (w/ engine swap) can run low 13's. a heavily modified civic w/ same engine swap running more boost/bigger injectors/tuning can easily reach 300 or more hp and run low to mid 12's.

WRX may have the launch but usually lose towards the end.
    of course u have other factors as launch, driver, ability, mods for mods,etc...........

just dont underestimate hybrid turbo civic's
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

Originally posted by stickman
    another honda non believer.........
    civic w/ GSR motor w/ turbo kit on stock boost of 6-7 psi
    runs about 250 or so the wheels
    civic weighs about 2300lbs. hows that to power to weight ratio??
    a bolt on turbo civic (w/ engine swap) can run low 13's. a heavily modified civic w/ same engine swap running more boost/bigger injectors/tuning can easily reach 300 or more hp and run low to mid 12's.

WRX may have the launch but usually lose towards the end.
    of course u have other factors as launch, driver, ability, mods for mods,etc...........

just dont underestimate hybrid turbo civic's
    That's great. So what you are saying is that for $15,000 worth of mods, you have a car that will still lose to a WRX with an MBC?
    2002 RSX Type S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.