Will Subaru drop a bomb on the Evo MR?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Will Subaru drop a bomb on the Evo MR? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Any one here anything. Im so curious to find out...

Will Subaru drop a bomb on the Evo MR?

Any one here anything. Im so curious to find out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

isnt there the STi spec C or something comming out? i have no idea, just heard that somewhere.

t
    Good question I wonder about about this too.

well the current jdm mr fighter is the wrc1 or something along those lines. top gear tested both and the mr spanked it badly, there is a vid in the video forums
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I hope Subaru doesn't stoop to that level producing a stripped down card board box version of the STi

Seriously...we're all enthusiasts but having a brand new car in this day and age with no power anything/ac is a little annoying if you ask me...was 86 lbs worth it on the Evo? Meh. .02
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Im hoping bigger turbo, lighter but all of the same options as the USDM STi, A real aggressively tuned suspension. Most important big fog lights standard. Im sure Subaru will offer a spec C option, because of Mitsubishi bringing over the Evo Rs. Im sure we won't know until next january. Subaru Ive got faith in Ya

Not only do I think this won't happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see the STi become extinct, and the sole market share of SOA relying on their "luxury" sedan, the Legacy.

Yes, I realize I am a huge nay-sayer, but so what?

~Tim

Well what about world rally?? The STi will be around for along time. Same with the Evo. It would be a good idea for subaru to bring over say a flat six twin turbo legacy I know Mitubishi will bring the Evo 9 in 2006 or 2007. I doubt subaru will not respond.

I think all it would take is a larger turbo for the STi and that is about it.... Somthign that could easily flow 550-600cfm. I mean the 16G on last years EVO flowed around 520-530cfm.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Originally posted by TurboWill
    Well what about world rally?? The STi will be around for along time. Same with the Evo. It would be a good idea for subaru to bring over say a flat six twin turbo legacy I know Mitubishi will bring the Evo 9 in 2006 or 2007. I doubt subaru will not respond.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Unless of course Mitsubishi goes out of business.

I was browsing the EvoM forums a while back and I remember reading somewhere that there were rumors Mitsu had planned to discontine the evo due to the upcoming release of the eclipse. I've also heard that there's a chance future evo's (if they're still making 'em) are not going to be built on the lancer platform.

Now I can't confirm if these are true or not so please don't get on me if someone finds otherwise. I'll see if I can find any "official" info. So for now they're just rumors.
    04' STi (Silver/Silver)
    My Car

I wont be surprised to see the Skyline, Supra and a Legacy STi come out at the same time around 2007.

Too bad the Skyline will be a G35 on steroids
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

well today esx had dyno day..free dynos for all and a bunch of peopel showed up..i stopped by after work and some guy from a local subaru dealer showed up and said that in 2006 all wrx's (yup u heard me wrx's not sti's) will have 2.5 liter turbocharged engines..basically they are gonna be at the sti level...this could mean two things...one ..timdog could be right ..STI is going extinct because wrx is just becoming more powerful and taking its place.. or 2 ...wrx with 2.5 liter is gonna be like sti of today...and maybe just maybe (if we pray hard enough) the wrx sti is gonna kick some major evo mr or whatever else type evo ass...that's what i hope...or #3...this guy didnt know jacksh!T and was talking out of his a$$ 2 sound cool

Originally posted by 03 blue rex
    I wont be surprised to see the Skyline, Supra and a Legacy STi come out at the same time around 2007.

Too bad the Skyline will be a G35 on steroids
    supra, doubt it... toyota doesn't seem to want to do anything these days =\

skyline, already got it *cough* g35... the new GTR supposedly is gonna have a completely new chassis of its own by then... but will more than likely a TT v-6... i sure hope nissan fixed that tie-rod strength problem by then

legacy STi... have to wait and see...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast