Will Subaru drop a bomb on the Evo MR? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Will Subaru drop a bomb on the Evo MR? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Neversatisfied Unless of course Mitsubishi goes out of business. Well said...I was thinking the same thing before ...

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Unless of course Mitsubishi goes out of business.
    Well said...I was thinking the same thing before I got to your post

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Handaling wise mitzu killed subaru. The evo already out handles the sti even the non mr version and now they have to make it handle better. Its going to be hard for subaru to catch up as far as handaling wise.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

thats all subaru really needs to focus on right now... handling...

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    well today esx had dyno day..free dynos for all and a bunch of peopel showed up..i stopped by after work and some guy from a local subaru dealer showed up and said that in 2006 all wrx's (yup u heard me wrx's not sti's) will have 2.5 liter turbocharged engines..basically they are gonna be at the sti level...this could mean two things...one ..timdog could be right ..STI is going extinct because wrx is just becoming more powerful and taking its place.. or 2 ...wrx with 2.5 liter is gonna be like sti of today...and maybe just maybe (if we pray hard enough) the wrx sti is gonna kick some major evo mr or whatever else type evo ass...that's what i hope...or #3...this guy didnt know jacksh!T and was talking out of his a$$ 2 sound cool
    That is just a load of BS. Dealers don't know **** about the "next big things" until right about the time we know. Now if someone from Subaru Corporate started leaking info, then that might be more plausible.

Still, a WRX as powerful as the current STi? Not going to happen due to various regulations and restrictions (CAFE?) Is the WRX magically going to stay at the same price as the current model? I wouldn't believe any of that crap until you hear it from Subaru.

all sti needs is a lowered price, and with all the money we saved, we can get practically free mods... OEM stuff is POS anyways...

subaru is indeed going to produce a spec c to compete with the mr; however, it's only going to be in jdm....no word on whether we'll see it here state-sides
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

2.5l engine
    twinscroll manifold & turbo
    8k redline
    fmic wrc style (cooler & little lag)
    6spd w/ slightly better gear spacing
    quicker steering

f- softening up anything for us fat, lazy murricans and just keep it light & tight.

do this, while having 'sti' offer mopar-like staged packages that add substantial benefits and are backed by the factory.

this is waaaayyyyy wishful thinking

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    wrx is just becoming more powerful and taking its place.. or 2 ...wrx with 2.5 liter is gonna be like sti of today...and maybe just maybe (if we pray hard enough) the wrx sti is gonna kick some major evo mr or whatever else type evo ass...that's what i hope...or #3...this guy didnt know jacksh!T and was talking out of his a$$ 2 sound cool
    door #3 please
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

i dunno, i could see subaru putting the 2.5 in as standard for the states... since they are are putting the 2.5 in legacys and foresters etc....

Logically what I think is more feasible is to ship the WRXs with PPP ( prodrive performance pack ). I used to live in London about a year ago and most cars there were sold with PPP. Thats like 30 whp with basic mods. I think this is likely only because Subie has been doing this forever in other countries.

As far as performance improvement... I dont think Subie even has an answer to mitsu active-yaw.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by flyingace
    Logically what I think is more feasible is to ship the WRXs with PPP ( prodrive performance pack ). I used to live in London about a year ago and most cars there were sold with PPP. Thats like 30 whp with basic mods. I think this is likely only because Subie has been doing this forever in other countries.

As far as performance improvement... I dont think Subie even has an answer to mitsu active-yaw.
    I thought the 2005 STi had AYC????

Not sure if it is equivalent to Mitsu's AYC but the 2005 STi has a new yaw-rate sensor in the DCCD. Not sure exactly how it works though...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.