e36 m3 vs my wrx(does this seem right??)

This is a discussion on e36 m3 vs my wrx(does this seem right??) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; okay guys..i was on the freeway coming home from bank..i get on with some m3 following me..he followed me over ...

e36 m3 vs my wrx(does this seem right??)

okay guys..i was on the freeway coming home from bank..i get on with some m3 following me..he followed me over 2 the fast lane and their was traffic..as soon as lane next to me opened up he gunned it and took off..i obliged and followed him..i wasnt losing any ground or anything ..we go up to 120...and he puts his hand out window gives a thumbs up..i guess it wasnt a race at that point i was just following him..i gave him a thumbs up back..i followed until lane next to him opened up..i pull up next too him..he asks if i'm stock..i tell him i'm not...i say 3rd gear roll..he agrees..at about 70-75..i do the 1-2-3 count we take off..i pull right away half a car..keep pulling until like 1 1/2 ...shift to 4th..stays that way till about 115-120.....he gives me a thumbs up..i give him a thumbs up..i ask what year it is..he says 99(240 hp)....he says bone stock hasnt done anything...i have downpipe/uppipe/ and catback full catless ..mbc @15 at the time

does this sound right??i thought m3's were faster on highway

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was his an auto?

You never know man???

He should have been able to pull on you, but who knows. Nice run though. It seems form my own experience that he should have been able to pull, and from what I've learned here it seems that a stage 2 is a better match up with a stock M3.

he was stick...i make almost as much power as stage 2 does so its kinda close i guess..i think he wanted 2 run more...but i had 2 exit and get home..friend was picking me up 2 go somewhere else..oh well

wrx w/ full catless exhaust and MBC running next to an e36 M3 sounds about right. they do pull hard on the highway, but even still, with your mods you should be running about a full second faster than him in the 1/4 and having similar traps.

the E46 would poop on you though
    Last edited by DTR rex; 07-10-2004 at 04:05 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    wrx w/ full catless exhaust and MBC running next to an e36 M3 sounds about right. they do pull hard on the highway, but even still, with your mods you should be running about a full second faster than him in the 1/4 and having similar traps.

the E46 would poop on your though

yeah e46's are scary...but i would love to run them quarter mile

Sounds right. I remeber in 99 when they tested the m3, they trap from 99-100. I really havent seen them at the track. (except for a supercharged one which ran low 12s @116) so that doesnt count. But its a great kill, shows that youre car is running almost 100%

Great kill
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock