Anyone raced a 93+ RX7?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone raced a 93+ RX7? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wondering if anyone have raced a stock, slightly moded '93+ RX7? I usually see a "stock" one everyday on ...

Anyone raced a 93+ RX7?

Just wondering if anyone have raced a stock, slightly moded '93+ RX7? I usually see a "stock" one everyday on my way back home, but have never had a chance to race him...

Just wondering if I'll get my a** spanked with a Stage2 (TXS)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My Take

RX-7 are really fast, even stock. High 4's 0-60 times are normal. The only thing is that most of them are automatics. I tried to buy one a few years ago but, a manual was hard to find. Try him and tell us what happens.

I've raced 93 or newer model RX-7 a couple of months ago when I just bought my WRX and kicked his ass from stop light to stop light pretty easy. I couldnt believe we ran up to 120 and he was still a car behind. Cars differ so some cars may run better than others since that car is so old.

I would say any 3rd gen manual will give the wrx a good run. If it is respectably modded and has a driver who knows what they're doing, wrx will most likely get smushed. I know of more than a few 7's that go toe-to-toe with supras. Still, as with any race between two cars there are many variables that are present with each race. Depending on length and conditions of the race, AWD does account for a lot.

Thanks for the info guys... Will let you know how it goes... Though I really doubt he's stock. Not that much moded, but not stock.

before i got my wrx i had a 93 R1 rx-7, with intake, exhaust... the turbos were starting to go and needed to be rebuilt and i could still pull a ~13.7. an 5 spd rx-7 in good condition should be very tough for a stock/near stock wrx. But a heavily modified rx-7 can push 500hp and give supraTT's problems... so be carefull.

SobeWRX: Thanks for the tip... Hopefully I should be even with him then, since I managed to get a 13.7 - 13.8 @ 98mph with spare tire, full 93 octane tank, stock wheels and tires.

My Mods:

Injen Intake, Vishnu Up-Pipe & Pulley, Godspeed Downpipe, Stage2 map (16.5psi). Stock muffler, Ground mod, Blitz bov, Omori gauges, Cusco CF Rear strut brace, black headlight mod, 22B replica spoiler, STI hood scoop, STI front grille, STI fog cover replicas, Color matched sideskirts.
    Last edited by Julio; 07-30-2002 at 09:13 AM.

OK guys: Here's the story...

This morning while driving to work, I noticed two "red shadows" far in front of me switching lanes... Slowly but patiently I tried to reach them... When I finally did .... AHA! to my surprise it was the RX7 I see in the afternoons and a red Acura NSX.

I downshifted and slowly pass them...released the thrttle and I knew the heard my blow-off by the look in their faces. They both "attacked" by downshifting and steping hard... so I switched to the middle lane...having the NSX in my right and the RX7 to the left. By the end of 2nd the NSX was about 2 cars behind, and the RX7 was 1 car ahead. By the end of 3rd the NSX was 4 cars behind and I was even with the RX7. We had to brake at 5k rpms in 4th (About 125mph) and I think I was 1-2 cars ahead of the RX7.

I was going to give them both "thumbs up" but they never looked back to me and passed me up without even waving at me.

I thought this particular RX7 was faster and would beat me even with my mods... But if that was stock, I wouldn't imagine what a beast those are with mods and bigger turbos.

Thanks for reading!

I can't believe the NSX lost, especially at highway speeds.
    Last gen of RX7 are usually shot to hell at this point. They need constant maintenance and tuning.

dont think your ganna beat a 3rd gen rx7 unless your modded quite a bit especialy if dont race from a stop.....them like u have the luxury of just turning up the boost on the stock turbos.

in other words...bend over and try to get it over with as quick as possable
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Originally posted by Julio
    OK guys: Here's the story...

This morning while driving to work, I noticed two "red shadows" far in front of me switching lanes... Slowly but patiently I tried to reach them... When I finally did .... AHA! to my surprise it was the RX7 I see in the afternoons and a red Acura NSX.

I downshifted and slowly pass them...released the thrttle and I knew the heard my blow-off by the look in their faces. They both "attacked" by downshifting and steping hard... so I switched to the middle lane...having the NSX in my right and the RX7 to the left. By the end of 2nd the NSX was about 2 cars behind, and the RX7 was 1 car ahead. By the end of 3rd the NSX was 4 cars behind and I was even with the RX7. We had to brake at 5k rpms in 4th (About 125mph) and I think I was 1-2 cars ahead of the RX7.

I was going to give them both "thumbs up" but they never looked back to me and passed me up without even waving at me.

I thought this particular RX7 was faster and would beat me even with my mods... But if that was stock, I wouldn't imagine what a beast those are with mods and bigger turbos.

Thanks for reading!
    HAHAHAHAHA
    man your high 13's car bat a nsx LOL

your post alone fill this treads b.s. tolerence to capacity.....mods close it now before he starts telling how he beat mclarens and veyrons....from a roll too
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

This short commentary on professional racing brought to you by RSXRacer200. The only person in the world to be able to predict the outcomes of all races in a 3,000 mile radius.

Now back to our regularly schedule thread.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

RSXracer200 #2:

1) I don't have to lie about my races or write B.S as it seems in your other posts. I have been around for a while and if I don't have something positive to say, I will not post or just send a PM. Hence my post count.

2) I bet I know more of Honda's than you do. Some people that knows a bit of my background can tell you about my '98 GSR Turbo - Daily driver 11.7s - 11.8s @ 122mph constantly!

3) Do I know why the NSX didn't beat me? NO! He LOST! Period.
    I know very well what an NSX is capable of.

Please don't waste valuable bandwith for such a stupid comment!
    Last edited by Julio; 07-31-2002 at 02:03 PM.

as a former 3rd gen rx-7 owner i'm not at all surprised you were able to pull on the rx-7 up top. like jk147 said most of them you see around today especially daily drivers are beat to $hit, and not up to their full potential.
    Most NSX's aren't driven anywhere close to their potential.

Good kills.

Originally posted by RSXracer200 #2

HAHAHAHAHA
    man your high 13's car bat a nsx LOL

your post alone fill this treads b.s. tolerence to capacity.....mods close it now before he starts telling how he beat mclarens and veyrons....from a roll too
    good catch kill copper.

LOL

a high thirteens rex with a stage two setup and unichip?! that would put TxS out of business! you can run MID 13s with a $9 boost controller. what does $50 get you on the rsx? those cool windshield washer neons? SWEET.

oh, and nice witty footer on your post.
    no, i don't vtec. it doesn't really make me go faster, so i'm not interested. i'm not a huge fan of out of the way attempts at increasing HP, when i have a turbo that does it much more efficiently. intelligent lifters... get some boost for god's sake.

dR
    Last edited by dark_rex; 07-31-2002 at 02:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.