Anyone raced a 93+ RX7? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Anyone raced a 93+ RX7? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; RSXSucks: Fortunately, there are not many Honda-Acura ricers around here... Though you can find 100s of Hondas per every one ...

RSXSucks: Fortunately, there are not many Honda-Acura ricers around here... Though you can find 100s of Hondas per every one X brand of car. The problem is mostly the owners-drivers attitude.

Now... to keep the "fire burning".... I don't know up there in the states... but if a "WRX can't keep with Z06, Turbo Porsches, etc"
    How can you explain that down here a WRX with Stage4+ can keep up AND beat Porsches, Z06, and many other powerful cars with JUST a pre-programmed Unichip map, since there are NO awd dynos down here? Don't give me that "because you are at se-level" cheap excuse!

I can understand WRX that have been dynoed and performs extremely well and can beat those monsters... but down here there hasn't been one single dyno session... and some WRXs are beating the heck out of those cars... AND just 2 weeks ago some were able to pull 12s at the 1/4 mile track. (12.8s - 12.9s)

I would like a nice explanation...

Don't get me wrong guys... not being cocky, etc. Just wondering how that could be possible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Julio
    Now... to keep the "fire burning".... I don't know up there in the states... but if a "WRX can't keep with Z06, Turbo Porsches, etc"
    There are a lot of stories of near stock WRXs killing Z06s and turbo Porsches. Most people here have no problems with cars like those. I'm still trying to think of something that will give a WRX a run for its money... and DON'T SAY CIVIC!!!!
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Hmmm Wonder what kind of fungus is that? Definately not an effect of crack! lol

Originally posted by Julio
    Hmmm Wonder what kind of fungus is that? Definately not an effect of crack! lol
    What did the WRX owner say to the mushroom?
    You are a fun-guy!!
    2002 RSX Type S

This may be beating a dead horse, but in response to the orginal post:

I drive my wrx (with turboxs stage 2) daily, and I have a 93 TT RX7. The RX7 does require a lot of maintenance, I have about 10k invested just in getting the car back to original condition. The engine and turbos are in perfect working order all I lack is some drivetrane and body work.

The RX7 has an apexi n1 exhaust, 850cc primary injectors, and an apexi power fc. No other performance mods yet. The injectors are for a turbo kit (hopefully coming soon) and were detuned for now to run with the stock turbos. It has 235hp @ wheels.

Anyway to get on with it, my wife and I have raced against each other on the street. First with my wife driving the WRX. The WRX got about a car and 1/2 on the launch (gotta love awd and I don't launch the RX7 hard yet). The WRX held up to about the bottom of third, then the RX7 very steadily passed and continued to pull away with about a full car lead by the middle of fourth gear(around 110mph).

With me driving the WRX the outcome was about the same except with me getting a little better launch and it taking her a bit longer to catch up.

I think 1/4 mile times would be very close, hope to find out soon.
    Turbo XS Stage 2

Originally posted by wrx7
    The RX7 has an apexi n1 exhaust, 850cc primary injectors, and an apexi power fc. No other performance mods yet. The injectors are for a turbo kit (hopefully coming soon) and were detuned for now to run with the stock turbos. It has 235hp @ wheels.
    What is the torque in that thing though? HP is meaningless.
    2002 RSX Type S

Torque is 212@wheels.
    Turbo XS Stage 2

wrx

I don't buy it, there's no way a wrx in stock form or near stock
    could beat a zo6 do you people know what's a zo6 is, let me refresh
    your minds more like 0-60 in 3.9 sec 1/4mile 12.6 122mph
    don't belive me read up. top speed 180,200mph
    come on people you all could do better then that.
    it could awsome out corner any wrx all day.
    wrx for life.

Re: wrx

Originally posted by wrxallwheel
    I don't buy it, there's no way a wrx in stock form or near stock
    could beat a zo6 do you people know what's a zo6 is, let me refresh
    your minds more like 0-60 in 3.9 sec 1/4mile 12.6 122mph
    don't belive me read up. top speed 180,200mph
    come on people you all could do better then that.
    it could awsome out corner any wrx all day.
    wrx for life.
    Are you saying that a WRX with an MBC can't attain those numbers? They can, I've seen a WRX with MBC@20psi do much better than those numbers actually.

Also, those are numbers that the Corvette could do with a perfect driver. If the Corvette driver were to mess up the launch or miss a shift, it would be more like 0-60 in 5 and 1/4 in 13.8@85mph. That would easily put it within reach of even a really bad stock WRX driver.
    2002 RSX Type S

wrxallwheel: Please READ the post... I NEVER wrote it was a stock or near stock WRX that keeps and beats Z06, Porsches.
    I clearly wrote Stage4+.

wrx7: So based on that you own one and have more mods than the one I ran, You know it is completely OK that I beat him.

About Saturday race... It rained all day, so I just didn't waste my time and take my car off the garage.

wrx

sorry for the **** up.

No Prob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123