JDM STI vs many cars

This is a discussion on JDM STI vs many cars within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went out to the meet in Boca tonight. As soon as I pull in I have a twin turbo supra ...

JDM STI vs many cars

Went out to the meet in Boca tonight.

As soon as I pull in I have a twin turbo supra challenge me for fun. He had exhaust and a larger intercooler etc, very lightly modded making 320whp. We both had 2 passengers. So we went from a 2nd gear roll and he pulled me no problem. Put two cars on my by the end of 3rd when I quit.

Then I ran a new GTI 1.8t, with every bolt on and stock turbo. Both had 2 passengers. Went from a 2nd gear roll and ended up with him a little behind my rear bumper at 120mph.

Next was a friend in his USDM STI (stock). We went from a stop, 1st, and 2nd gear roll. Each of us had 2 passengers. First race was from a 1st gear roll at around 4.5k, he gave the honk and got the jump, whoever gives the honk always gets the jump . All the way up till 120 we were dead even with nobody pulling. Then we went from 2nd with the same results.

Next we went from a stop and he launched right before me and got a little bit of a jump. We didn't go from a light so it was by honk. Same results as before. After that we called it quits.

Heres what confused me. With the stock STI, he pulled a little on a modded STI. Our other friend was there with his white STI, and when I raced him I would edge him out a little in each gear. He has a blitz nurspec catback with a blitz sus. Im starting to think his car isn't running right, or that the silver STI is a factory freak.

I've had a few run ins with STI's and all of them were modded. Stayed dead even with an STI with exhaust and headers, and pulled slightly on the white one I was talking about. The silver STI also pulled slightly on a E46 M3 from a highway roll, and the M3 is a friend of mine who traps 106 consistently.

What do you think, is he a factory freak?
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont understand, you have this really nice elaborate setup and you are barelly edging out stock STi's? Have you gotten that badboy tuned? Im sure there is so much potential in your setup, you need to unleash it. I wanna hear you saying "i raced a 320whp supra and put 15 cars on him." Common now off the shelf stage4 wrx's are edging out Sti's!! Regardless, sweet races and beautiful setup .

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Its not that his car is making rediculous amounts of power, its that he has basically turned his USDM WRX into a JDM STi
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Its not that his car is making rediculous amounts of power, its that he has basically turned his USDM WRX into a JDM STi
    Right, right. Im feeling that. I guess im just saying he has a really nice engine/tranny setup and i think he should get more out of it than what he is . I mean if all he wants is like 250 whp or whatever he has, then thats cool. But with his setup he could easily and reliably have over 300 whp. But i can also see how he just wants a jdm sti and he wants it stock, i respect that. Im just saying if it was my car I would pop a green turbo on that thing and run it over 400 at the wheels. Ok sorry, enough rambling, im not gonna talk about what i would do with your car, you know much better than me, you actually own it!

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Don't worry, it's not going to be stock for much longer .

Im awaiting some more funding for the next step in the evolution of my car. Heres the plan, within the next 2 months im gonna grab a UTEC and a downpipe. This will be the first step in one very big wave of power.

The next step will be to aquire larger injectors, fuel pump, PE1825 (twinscroll turbo capable of 450whp while maintaining the same spool up), an APS DR650, some new gauges, and a new tune for all of this.

I plan to settle around 450whp which will be more then enough to take down most cars on the street. From the hole there won't be an SRT-4 out there that will be able to touch me .

Also, the stock STI I ran was the first stock one I've raced. And we think he is a bit of a factory freak. From a highway roll he put a 1/2 car on a E46 M3 (friend of mine) that traps at 106mph. I've raced two STI's that were both modded, one had an exhaust and intake, the other exhaust and headers, and I pulled slightly on each of them, so it doesn't add up .

I dunno what to make of it, it would be interesting to see what he puts down on the dyno though.

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Don't worry, it's not going to be stock for much longer .

Im awaiting some more funding for the next step in the evolution of my car. Heres the plan, within the next 2 months im gonna grab a UTEC and a downpipe. This will be the first step in one very big wave of power.

The next step will be to aquire larger injectors, fuel pump, PE1825 (twinscroll turbo capable of 450whp while maintaining the same spool up), an APS DR650, some new gauges, and a new tune for all of this.

I plan to settle around 450whp which will be more then enough to take down most cars on the street. From the hole there won't be an SRT-4 out there that will be able to touch me .

Also, the stock STI I ran was the first stock one I've raced. And we think he is a bit of a factory freak. From a highway roll he put a 1/2 car on a E46 M3 (friend of mine) that traps at 106mph. I've raced two STI's that were both modded, one had an exhaust and intake, the other exhaust and headers, and I pulled slightly on each of them, so it doesn't add up .

I dunno what to make of it, it would be interesting to see what he puts down on the dyno though.
    Wow. Thats what i like to hear. That sounds like it will be an incredible setup. If you dont mind me asking how much was your whole setup including labor and everything?

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Wow. Thats what i like to hear. That sounds like it will be an incredible setup. If you dont mind me asking how much was your whole setup including labor and everything?

-BobbyD
    It cost $6k for the engine/tranny/ ecu etc, then another $3-4k in parts for the swap such as DCCD, rear brakes etc etc. Then about $2k in labor. All total it was around $12k, but I also sold most of what I replaced. I managed to bring the cost down to about $3-4k.

Don"t know what to make of it. Maybe your car is just an INBRID
    SLANT

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    It cost $6k for the engine/tranny/ ecu etc, then another $3-4k in parts for the swap such as DCCD, rear brakes etc etc. Then about $2k in labor. All total it was around $12k, but I also sold most of what I replaced. I managed to bring the cost down to about $3-4k.
    Wow, i thought a tranny alone was 6k...lol are u buying these from a flee market?!

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Wow, i thought a tranny alone was 6k...lol are u buying these from a flee market?!

-BobbyD
    For $6k, I got a complete 04 engine, tranny with dccd, front suspension, front control arms, front brembo brakes (which are for sale ), and the front subframe with steering rack(can't use it though cuz it's RHD).

I found this place through ebay and got a great deal on stuff. Another guy on Nasioc went there and got everything for a 04 Spec-c, including the entire rear end for $9k.

-BobbyD
    maybe it was so cheap b/c it was all fake.

that might explain the quarter mile times.

Originally posted by dark_rex

LOL...very impressive in my opinion.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by dark_rex

You really need to be kicked off your high horse. Actually, didnt you say your not into the 1/4? Would that mean youve never run, if so, then you have no room to talk you hypocrit.

Last I checked, tons of STI owners were running 15's & 16's with a bad launch, just like me. I'll have some new time slips for you tomorrow though, im going back out again, and I've got the launch down now.

I also pull on stock STI's from a roll, and lightly modded ones I inch on .