M3- doesnt have much oomph at highway speeds?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on M3- doesnt have much oomph at highway speeds? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was comming back from a fun drive in northern nj and was getting on FDR in manhattan while i ...

M3- doesnt have much oomph at highway speeds?

I was comming back from a fun drive in northern nj and was getting on FDR in manhattan while i see in my side view mirror that a white M3 is flying. I was in the center lane and he was in the right one, there was a car in front of me so i had to break. So he passes me but also has to break, so I switch the lane go around the car in front of me and fly past him but yet again a car in front makes me slow down. I was in 4th so he catches up to me but i switch the lane to the left and floor it in 4th while he was all the way to the right. I had some lag since my rpms were at 2800 but he was able to catch up to about half my car and couldnt do anything more to me while I was flooring it as we were going I had to switch a lane to the left becasue there was a slow limo driver after I passed him I noticed I had 90 on the speedometer and he was still in the back. Once I saw that the speed was 40 over the speed limit I hit the brakes and only then he shot past me like a rocket. Not bad for my little stock wagon... although not for long, I got my AccessPort in the works and more mods comming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you had a stock wagon and he had a new e46m3...then it would not have been much of a race after anything over 60mph. If you were both doing 80 and you were in 4th then he didnt try until he flew by you..those things are monsters compared to a stock wrx...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I remember caravanning with an STi, a stage 4 WRX, a 318ti BMW with an M3 engine, and an E46 M3.

We were doing indian runs on the highway, just *****ing around, passing each other, and so on.

The M3 0wn3d everyone.

That car is super fast on the highway.

Maybe your car has a secret huge turbo in it
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

IT wouldnt have taken me... ....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

well it didn't take me either till i hit the brakes, and for what its worth I wasn't really trying either, i could have shifted into 3rd and then punched it, another thing he was with his girlfriend and seemed like he was trying becasue i soon as i passed him he sped up to try and pass me

It will beat zoo on zee highway.

Oh wait an M3 will beat you any time.

bro you could have went to third and he could have went to 5th and beat you.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Who said it was an e46, could have been a 36 or 3 series with the m badging, I've seen tons of those running around. Quit being trolls and say nice!!

Not to be a troll or anything but I think an E36 M3 could take a stock WRX Wagon fairly easy also.

2000 Yamaha R6
    111.1hp@wheel

true, true. Maybe the driver was distracted by his gf

Originally posted by wrxsc
    true, true. Maybe the driver was distracted by his gf
    A little roadhead on zee highway maybe?

2000 Yamaha R6
    111.1hp@wheel

Not trolling...I just question things sometimes...I have been in so many races w/ so many diff. wrx stages that I have some good background to work with. Thats all.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

No trolling intended here!

I have to question this one. It's difficult to speculte on things that happen on the freeways, streets, etc... but we all know when something sounds off.

If this was an E46 M, sorry, but no chance. He was not trying or something, but these two cars are in different classes.

If it was an E36 M, I still don't think so. Granted these two cars are much closer in performance, but I have a modded E36 M and when I was stock I ran a few WRX's (wagon's included) and it was the same thing almost everytime. They would get the jump and I would just reel them in. On the highway though I never had that much trouble pulling a WRX. Now, when you start modding these thing that is a totally different discussion. But with this one I just do not see it happening that way. Just my .02

Its really easy to tell the E36 M3 from the E46 M3's, so I dont think that is an issue.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

As you can see when i posted this i put a question mark at the end to suggest that i was surprised myself that he wasnt able to pull on me. As far as recognizing whether it was an M3 it could have been just a 3 series witha badge on it becasue it happaned so fast i am not sure now i do remember the M3 badge vividly. See i know that 330 hp is not 227 so yeah i was just as sceptical as you guys are? but thats why i hate people that put badges on their car and try to make like they own the road. If you gonna put a badge on back it up with performance otherwise you going to look stupid, when a wagon kicks your ass

and i am 1000% sure it wasn't E36 it had the new body style

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast