On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S)
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK, we are all rolling to Burke Lake. It's hot as hell outside. I have one passenger and the RSX ...

On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S)

OK, we are all rolling to Burke Lake. It's hot as hell outside. I have one passenger and the RSX Type-S is sporting the driver and his brother. We catch a light together. I look over and smile. My cousin, Carl, decides that he better turn off the camera for this one (incriminating evidence.)

The light turns green, we both launch well, but the RSX spins wheels a little longer than he should have. From there, the race was over. I flat out stomped him before 60mph.

It was a fun, friendly race. The RSX was BONE STOCK, BTW!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S)

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    OK, we are all rolling to Burke Lake. It's hot as hell outside. I have one passenger and the RSX Type-S is sporting the driver and his brother. We catch a light together. I look over and smile. My cousin, Carl, decides that he better turn off the camera for this one (incriminating evidence.)

The light turns green, we both launch well, but the RSX spins wheels a little longer than he should have. From there, the race was over. I flat out stomped him before 60mph.

-Jim
    hoooahhh good kill

Re: On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S)

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

-Jim
    Its good to hear a WRX and a RSX driver having a friendly race! If you looked at the boards, you'd think both hate each other with a passion (I own a RSX-S btw). Anyway, did you pull up to him at the light or did he pull up to you? Just wondering...seeing if he initiated the race or you did.

You should whoop his ass stock, so if you lost with all your mods then you really would have had to run away with your tail stuck between your legs You've got like 2 seconds on him the 1/4 mile according to your signature...I'm amazed that you didn't beat him by a ton of car lengths (maybe you did). You should have filmed it, you could have posted in on clubrsx and I could finally stop hearing all this *****ing (yes, some RSX-S owners belive they can beat a WRX - we could, if you stalled out or just plain botched your launch

Anyway, just wanted to shout you out since you were cool about this and this is what both sides need a bit more of IMO. We both love cars, so where's the beef? Is it ***** envy or something?

"flat out stomped" = five car lengths or so.

I wish I could remember the name of the guy I raced. He was the first car at the school in Silver Springs and I was the 2nd.

-Jim

your pretty heavily modded so i believe this story....but like i said a stock RSX out runs a stock wrx from a roll......u have to let things get evened up, let the rsxs out there throwon there turbo kits and such and your all mighty wrx's r in for a world of hurt.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXracer200 #2
    your pretty heavily modded so i believe this story....but like i said a stock RSX out runs a stock wrx from a roll......u have to let things get evened up, let the rsxs out there throwon there turbo kits and such and your all mighty wrx's r in for a world of hurt.
    I have a feeling you won't be back for long.

Jim is heavily modded? No offense to Jim, but I think I've spent way more on my car than he's spent on his in terms of mods, so I wouldn't call him being heavily modded...hell I don't even see myself as being heavily modded compared to most everyone else here on the forum and especially on I-Club.

In any case, no one's preventing RSXs from throwing on turbo kits...I don't see us chaining up RSX drivers and outlawing the use of turbos in RSXs...last I checked Greddy has a turbo kit out there, don't they? Or maybe that's not a "real" turbo kit to you?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

On the contrary; Jim's car does this with very light modifications. If you pay attention to his sig you'll see his installed power mods are just an MBC, lightweight pulleys, and Samco hoses. Pretty darn impressive quarter times when you think about it.

He ownz you. On a roll, or from a standing start. You'll never be able to play with the big boys.

-Pace

Originally posted by Verdugo

I have a feeling you won't be back for long.

Jim is heavily modded? No offense to Jim, but I think I've spent way more on my car than he's spent on his in terms of mods, so I wouldn't call him being heavily modded...hell I don't even see myself as being heavily modded compared to most everyone else here on the forum and especially on I-Club.

In any case, no one's preventing RSXs from throwing on turbo kits...I don't see us chaining up RSX drivers and outlawing the use of turbos in RSXs...last I checked Greddy has a turbo kit out there, don't they? Or maybe that's not a "real" turbo kit to you?
    ok well he has a decent amount of mods...and that turbo kit isnt available yet, the ones that are avaiable have just become so recently and they arent all that great. im not to crazy about te greddy either id rather get my own setup made
    Last edited by RSXracer200 #2; 07-30-2002 at 04:34 PM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

RSXRacer is a funny guy. maybe he shouldn't be banned this time

I need a good laugh sometimes

Originally posted by pace

On the contrary; Jim's car does this with very light modifications. If you pay attention to his sig you'll see his installed power mods are just an MBC, lightweight pulleys, and Samco hoses. Pretty darn impressive quarter times when you think about it.

He ownz you. On a roll, or from a standing start. You'll never be able to play with the big boys.

-Pace
    lol what are u kidding....a stock rsx can run with wrxs pulling 13.7 or so on the highway....must suck to have a car the runs out of juice so quick lol
    Last edited by RSXracer200 #2; 07-30-2002 at 04:35 PM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

hey RSX racer could you post a pic of a RSX for me I wanna see if it's the same as the Ingra type R we get here in Oz.

Cheers

its artic blue....the only thing that looks diffrent about it is that its been dropped with tein coilovers
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    its artic blue....the only thing that looks diffrent about it is that its been dropped with tein coilovers
    Don't the new ITRs have different projector headlamps too?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Jim, are you saving your uninstalled parts for the other car? Ye must get thine parts into thoust car!!! Don't blame it on the accident anymore.

Let RSXracer stay for a while. I have recently started cutting and pasting his posts into a word document. On Labor Day, I am going to run a contest to see who can guess how many misspelled words he has posted since day one. Whoever gets the closest to the correct number of misspelled words without going over, I will Paypal that person $25.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Originally posted by Verdugo

Don't the new ITRs have different projector headlamps too?
    same headlight just black inner housing instead of the chrome like the US models
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast