On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This place is starting to smell like I-Club. Some one needs to flush and spray some lysol....

Thumbs down

This place is starting to smell like I-Club. Some one needs to flush and spray some lysol.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by RSXracer200 #2

lol what are u kidding....a stock rsx can run with wrxs pulling 13.7 or so on the highway....must suck to have a car the runs out of juice so quick lol
    Hmmm...that might be close.

MPH is the telling tale for the 1/4....a WRX gets low times because of traction....under a 2.0 60' time, for the street, is smoken, it's MPH times are pretty weak if you ask me (drag racing since Carlsbad actually looked good...)

I COULD see this happening...maybe.

On the freeway it's the size of your power curve, not the height of your peak that gets the job done.

A WRX (with at least a EBC/MBC) wakes up after 5K (assuming driver is not a newbie).

I would be impressed if an RSX (bout what...180 to the wheels...something less for torque, in a small power band) could keep up with a WRX on the highway from 60-120.

Roll on type races are about torque (which is why you downshift as much as you can for these races), that's why you don't pester guys with big V8s on a roll. For instance....crotch rockets...everyone agrees...VERY fast, but no torque, it's all RPM....but if you've got some decent HP (more than 300, with that or more torque) and you're dont get too far out of your league (more than 1000cc) watch a bike try to take off. It's not like a switch (where he's GONE)...he's gotta downshift, he doesnt pull right away (waiting for RPMs to build and that peaky little powerband to start working), in the mean time your torque is putting you on his ass, after a few moments then the bike will start pulling (700cc +) and it's not as dramatic as people think.

I'd say that the RSX driver had better be on his/her game if they want to mess with a car with more torque (everywhere). Good thing they put decent shifters in those.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

its artic blue....the only thing that looks diffrent about it is that its been dropped with tein coilovers
    In your case those Teins will make a difference in getting a jump in a street race. You're lower, less drag (better top end), and you get less weight transfer...more responsive.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by str
    An RSX type S will never be faster than a WRX. stock for stock the WRX is easily about 2 seconds quicker. this is a fact of life that RSX owners need to get used to. i know, i test drove both before I bought a WRX, it wasn't even close in the preformance department.
    2 seconds where?
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by madwagon
    Roll on type races are about torque (which is why you downshift as much as you can for these races), that's why you don't pester guys with big V8s on a roll. For instance....crotch rockets...everyone agrees...VERY fast, but no torque, it's all RPM....but if you've got some decent HP (more than 300, with that or more torque) and you're dont get too far out of your league (more than 1000cc) watch a bike try to take off. It's not like a switch (where he's GONE)...he's gotta downshift, he doesnt pull right away (waiting for RPMs to build and that peaky little powerband to start working), in the mean time your torque is putting you on his ass, after a few moments then the bike will start pulling (700cc +) and it's not as dramatic as people think.
    I disagree here. I've done roll ons with my dad on his GSXR1000. We matched up at 50mph, I downshifted to 2nd and all I saw was a blue puff from his rear tire and he was gone like a bat out of hell. Bikes are in a whole different leagues than cars. To compare them is pretty much pointless.

-Jim

since when have i been anoying? i just tell it like it is and most of you cant stand to be told the truth because u have some crazy thoughts in your head that the wrx is some monster that rsx-s wont be beating when the aftermarket has developed.

You sound like you've got at least some street experience. Some of the things you describe are worthy and I've seen them myself. I used to have the underdog, barney fife mobile....Sentra SE-R and time and time again I could beat faster cars because of my "mad skillz yo"...oops...sorry bout that....because I know how to drive and I know my vehicle.

RSXracer200 just needs to step back a little and not let the technology do the talking. Hondas have always been "high-tech"...not necessarily better, or faster, or stronger, but always had all the wiz-bang stuff. Nissan (and others) believe in toughness, overbuilding blocks, pentroof heads (one of the reasons SR20DETs can make 1000hp), just over engineered. Hondas follow Japan's obsession with high-tech, small, wizzy-bangy stuff. Nothing wrong with that, it just isnt the end all to engines when it has VTEC or some other such device.

Drive some more cars, engine types, take a look around some more before declaring VTEC is King....or maybe Prince...

I do see rays of light in your thinking...so all is not lost.

If we can all chill a little, and get the wheat from his chaff, then we get a good outside perspective.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

And Jay Leno has a Ford Festiva that he crammed a V-8 into that can run 7's.

I can strap a JTOL rocket on my WRX and run 4's (and get strained through the seat cover in the process)

Performance comes down to $$$ and engineering.

So what? I can list a ton of mods for any vehicle and quote potential times. Going out and doing it, and showing up the compitition is another thing altogether.

So why don't you go do what you really want to do! Shove all the bling-bling, biplane wings, chicken wire grilles, performance stickers, gauges and colored flashing lights that you can find on your "ride." Oh yeah, drop it down so low that you can't change lanes without bottoming out on the lane divider stripes. And ride it around with the seat back all the way down with your hand on your nutsacks. That's what you really want to do...

would i bother scanning a 14.7@95mph time slip...its realy no big deal, my car is still almost stock. let me look for it i'll scan it.
    That's not bad actually. SE-Rs when they were doing decent times could get 14.9-15.2 at 90-93 MPH.....The SE-R can be a monster on the highway because it's light, has a large area under the curve and keeps breathing up to 8000rpm (of course not stock, and I'm talking about high port 91-93 SR20DEs)

The WRX is all about that launch. Doing a 100shot on the SR20 I would get consistant 13.4s.....not that fast...but the MPH was 106...which is twelves (2.4-2.7 60' time - ick). No one could roll with me on the freeway if I was squeezing.

Times really mean nothing when it comes to true power, but WILL allow you beat someone in a street race. MPH on the other hand...
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

I disagree here. I've done roll ons with my dad on his GSXR1000. We matched up at 50mph, I downshifted to 2nd and all I saw was a blue puff from his rear tire and he was gone like a bat out of hell. Bikes are in a whole different leagues than cars. To compare them is pretty much pointless.

-Jim
    1000cc....oops.

You need to push these guys farther up...roll on from like 80-100+...anything lower and you get killed because they weigh nothing. Or they run out of balls, most will let up around 140 if you're on their tail.

I've ridden with 650HP TT 300s....unless the bike is a total monster they are no more fun to race. Then again, not too many of those Zs around.

I still say it takes about 300HP to mess around with something less than 900ccs...not that you're going to beat one (unless it's an old 500cc Ninja or something). I used to harass 750s in my old S4 (bout 320hp/370lb/ft)...ran against a CBR900 (or whatever it was) and I got handed my two little turbos back to me =)

Of course this is all at freeway (80+) speeds.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    And Jay Leno has a Ford Festiva that he crammed a V-8 into that can run 7's.

I can strap a JTOL rocket on my WRX and run 4's (and get strained through the seat cover in the process)

Performance comes down to $$$ and engineering.

So what? I can list a ton of mods for any vehicle and quote potential times. Going out and doing it, and showing up the compitition is another thing altogether.

So why don't you go do what you really want to do! Shove all the bling-bling, biplane wings, chicken wire grilles, performance stickers, gauges and colored flashing lights that you can find on your "ride." Oh yeah, drop it down so low that you can't change lanes without bottoming out on the lane divider stripes. And ride it around with the seat back all the way down with your hand on your nutsacks. That's what you really want to do...
    Death to all you wiggy-wiggy white boys

Madwagon,

I don't think you have raced any newer bikes. A GSX-R750 will run 10.26@135.6mph. 123hp@12,500 rpm and 57.7lbs. trq@10,000rpm. Wet weight 423lbs. This is bone stock and have been known to run faster w/ straping the front end down.

There was a recent test w/ a GSX-R1000 and a Corvette ZO6. The bike beat it in every category and went 0-100mph-0 before the ZO6 got 100mph. I know you said smaller than 900cc but we are also talking about a 400+hp car.

But I guess it all depends on the driver/rider and Car/bike.

The only car I have seen run w/ bikes was a 600+hp Supra.

Alan

since when have i been anoying? i just tell it like it is and most of you cant stand to be told the truth because u have some crazy thoughts in your head that the wrx is some monster that rsx-s wont be beating when the aftermarket has developed.

i've said it before and i'll say it again...wrx is like the new age dsm, 2.0L turbo awd cars.....and guess what. the old hondas eat dsms like nothing so they will be beating you too let alone the new improved hondas with bigger motors and more advanced valve train technology .....face it the wrx will be going down.

P.S. can i have my old name back? this one is ok but it will never be as good as the original....i think the original RSXracer200 has reached legendary noteriety on clubwrx through my contravercial but insightive thoughts, so i want my name back. every1 here knows me, most dont like me but u all do know me (well any1 who reads through the kills forum once in a while at least).you think it was easy getting that name to the hights its reached?
    At my local track, the DSMs mostly run 12s with a few in the 11s. The Honduhs all seem to run 16s and 17s. Just an observation.. One of the Honduh guys I spoke to said there is a Civic that regularly pulls a 14.3

-Pace

Originally posted by smokey

May I place a bit of objectivity into this conversation? First off, what the hell is wrong with you guys? I mean, anyone that knows anything about cars (and simple mathematics) knows that a WRX will beat a RSX Type S - from a roll, from a dead stop, etc... maybe this guy thinks that he can take you to 150mph or something, maybe he's the kind of guy that will race you for 10 miles and then when he finally passes you its like "I won!" But you keep giving him ammo...

"Chill Winston!"

Look, we're just having some fun with this guy. He's the one coming to our community and laying down unsubstantiated smack. I can't speak for the others, but personally I have better things to do with my time than trolling RSX forums. I very much doubt you'll find any major contributors from ClubWRX doing that.

The only stereotyping being inflicted upon your community is by RSXRacer himself.

FWIW; We used to own a late gen Integra LS. One of the most solidly constructed automobiles I have driven.

-Pace

Originally posted by smokey

May I place a bit of objectivity into this conversation? First off, what the hell is wrong with you guys? I mean, anyone that knows anything about cars (and simple mathematics) knows that a WRX will beat a RSX Type S - from a roll, from a dead stop, etc... maybe this guy thinks that he can take you to 150mph or something, maybe he's the kind of guy that will race you for 10 miles and then when he finally passes you its like "I won!" But you keep giving him ammo...

Its like a pro talking to an amatuer - can't you all just see him for what he is? I drive an RSX-S and I have been around here for about a month and I like it here, but I've gotta admit, you all are being about as civil and objective as the RSX owners that hate on you. You are sterotyping like a motherf*****. Any car lover LOVES CARS! I love the WRX because it is a bad ass car and I have no preconceptions that I can beat one (unless you stall or something).

But seriously, what's the deal? Do you really need to waste your time dealign with this issue and totally making yourselves sound like arrogant asses? Please, understand that I'm not chastizing all of you or anyone in particular but really, if you want ALL RSX'ers to leave just because of this one guy then say so and I'll gladly leave.

BTW, the RSX-S does not run a 0-60 in 7.2...it runs it more around 6.1-6.5 depending on the driver. If someone drove a 7.2 then they should be taken out back and drawn and quartered. But still, a 6.1 and a 14.9 1/4 mile still won't touch a 5.4-5.2 (0-60) and low 14 to high 13 1/4 mile, will it? ARe you guys not confident enough in that?

I jsut hope you all take this for what it is...if you go to ClubRSX you'll see plenty of WRX trolls around making you all look bad...but the fact is, this board is much more objective than any I've been to because most of you tend to appreciate any good car. Honda's are good cars...The WRX just happens to be faster overall and a great sports car. Just don't stereotype all of us because of guy over there that wants to cause problems. True car enthusiasts don't do that. Just IMO of course.
    u are a disgrace to the RSX please sell it and go get a wrx....jut another wannabee that buys the car on hear say ....if u want to look at it on paper u will see the rsx is faster they trap equal but there is more to it then that.

hp at the crank is nothing...hp at the wheels is what counts and since the wrx only gets about 5-7 more hp to the wheels and weighs over 300lbs. more with wack gearing and the aerodynamics of a brick it is clear to see that rsx wins. no use in arguing because its the truth and unless you live in some other universe where the laws of physics are diffrent that just the way it is.

hey state facts because thats the way things are proven....all i hear from the wrx croud is "you cant win because.....uhh u just cant" or "NO NO NO :stomping foot: im faster". if u guys go on the RSX boards u would see i dont call b.s. on just wrx kills i call it on every kill that is obvious no matter ifit be wrx,rsx,gti, or anything else.

GOD I LOVE ALWAYS BEING RIGHT
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

i read a few of madwagons posts....there's some1 who seems t know what he's saying and isnt some jackoff that jumped on the wrx ban wagon and talks all this **** when he knows nothing about cars.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.