On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S) - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on On the way to Burke Lake (RSX Type S) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what about mechanicals? engine tranny etc...

what about mechanicals? engine tranny etc

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

they have shorter gearing for better acceleration along with a lsd and some stickier stock tires, motor wise they have a 11.5:1 compession ratio vs. type S 11:1 cr. the cams are diffrent and the ecu is diffrent, pretty much the same other then that. the suspension is also better and the car will probably weigh about 150lbs. less
    Last edited by RSXracer200 #2; 07-30-2002 at 04:50 PM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

str
    An RSX type S will never be faster than a WRX. stock for stock the WRX is easily about 2 seconds quicker. this is a fact of life that RSX owners need to get used to. i know, i test drove both before I bought a WRX, it wasn't even close in the preformance department.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by RSXracer200 #2

lol what are u kidding....a stock rsx can run with wrxs pulling 13.7 or so on the highway....must suck to have a car the runs out of juice so quick lol
    Please post for us a 13.7s / 99mph stock RSX timeslip.

Can't comment on the 'running out of juice so quickly' comment. With the VF30 and 50-shot I'm too busy focusing my death-grip on the steering wheel as the needle swings manically past the speedometer 140mph maximum.

-Pace
    Last edited by pace; 07-30-2002 at 06:21 PM.

Ooo this is fun. I love the smack-talk.

-Pace

u cant even compare the performance cuz the RSX type S which means s for ****.......the wrx beat it like a rented mule

man where is my bs repellant, and SHAME ON YU0 GUYS!!!! for picking on measly little hondas i know most of you try to do your part to destroy rice/stunnas out there but shouldnt yall have bigger fish to fry

heh, next thing you know RSXClownRicer will be saying hes getting 1.6 60''s on street tires BWAHAHAHAH.

I am holding a verly large clue-bat, and i intend to beat you to death with it along with some FACTS as others here are more than happy to do as well.

Good lord this RSX kid is about as ****ing sharp as a bowling ball.
    Edge of The Blade

Man I can't wait to race an rsx type S. I see one once every blue moon that drives like an idiot on the way home (rush hour traffic). He better hope that I don't see him on some clear roads because I'm going to hurt his feelings
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Originally posted by cnoff
    Jim, are you saving your uninstalled parts for the other car? Ye must get thine parts into thoust car!!! Don't blame it on the accident anymore.

Let RSXracer stay for a while.
    The exhaust will be installed on my street car on Friday. I want it on for Pocono. I'll also be having a custom catback made to replace the stock muffler.

RSXracer can stay for a while, I guess. He just has to promise to be less annoying.

-Jim

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX

The exhaust will be installed on my street car on Friday. I want it on for Pocono. I'll also be having a custom catback made to replace the stock muffler.

RSXracer can stay for a while, I guess. He just has to promise to be less annoying.

-Jim
    since when have i been anoying? i just tell it like it is and most of you cant stand to be told the truth because u have some crazy thoughts in your head that the wrx is some monster that rsx-s wont be beating when the aftermarket has developed.

i've said it before and i'll say it again...wrx is like the new age dsm, 2.0L turbo awd cars.....and guess what. the old hondas eat dsms like nothing so they will be beating you too let alone the new improved hondas with bigger motors and more advanced valve train technology .....face it the wrx will be going down.

P.S. can i have my old name back? this one is ok but it will never be as good as the original....i think the original RSXracer200 has reached legendary noteriety on clubwrx through my contravercial but insightive thoughts, so i want my name back. every1 here knows me, most dont like me but u all do know me (well any1 who reads through the kills forum once in a while at least).you think it was easy getting that name to the hights its reached?
    Last edited by RSXracer200 #2; 07-31-2002 at 06:33 AM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

since when have i been anoying? i just tell it like it is and most of you can stand to be told the truth because u have some crazy thoughts in your head that the wrx is some monster that rsx-s wont be beating when the aftermarket has developed.

i've said it before and i'll say it again...wrx is like the new age dsm, 2.0L turbo awd cars.....and guess what. the old hondas eat dsms like nothing so they will be beating you too let alone the new improved hondas with bigger motors and more advanced valve train technology .....face it the wrx will be going down.
    It's annoying that you state opinions like fact. I know quite a few DSMs that will lose to no Honda.

Aftermarket develops? Hasn't the RSX been out about as long as the WRX? Our aftermarket is big and growing. Last time I checked, Honda already had a huge aftermarket.

I'm sick of the BS. The RSX that I beat was STOCK. He couldn't take me off the line and he couldn't take me on the highway either. I just have way too much power for that. When he gonna be able to beat me? over 140mph? who cares?

-Jim

first your not stock and he probably wasnt....next the wrx is new but that motor has been around a very long time and the aftermarket for it was there even before the car came out. the k series motor in the rsx is a all new design and the aftermarket to date is still fairly limited but growing at a decent pace, like i said within a year or 2 we'll be on top again.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

also i have beaten my friends wrx with aintake and catback many many times on the highway and all i have for speed is a intake....we've done this multiple times and he simply cant keep up on from a roll, and before u say its was luck you dont get lucky all 15 or so times we've done this test. i dont speak backing myselfup with theory....its been proven many times by many people both cars stock the rsx out accelerates wrx from a roll.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

RSXRacer,

Kindly post a time slip of an RSX with its mods. If it traps over 100mph, I might concede that an RSX can take a near stock WRX over 80mph.

-Jim

first your not stock and he probably wasnt....next the wrx is new but that motor has been around a very long time and the aftermarket for it was there even before the car came out. the k series motor in the rsx is a all new design and the aftermarket to date is still fairly limited but growing at a decent pace, like i said within a year or 2 we'll be on top again.
    1) shutup u dunno what ur talking about because the RSX has a larger aftermarket than the WRX

2) deal with the truth. Why dont u prove ur opinions to us get a RSX S in the area of each of us and we'll race them to shut u up once and for all...

3) u dont see any of us going to RSX site and telling them how gay and slow their crappy honda ricers are do you? Cuz we could do the WRXRACER #1-1000 that would be cool..

4) your annoying and just stop talking about crap u dunno about

5)old hondas? u mean those really cool civic 4 door with the baby seat in the back? or is it the accord with rims and an exhaust that run 18s...hell i can push a wrx faster through the 1/4 then those cars run

6) stop pissing us off with ur crap