maxima
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off I must say I wasn't looking for a race but when someone tails you for 4 miles then ...

maxima

First off I must say I wasn't looking for a race but when someone tails you for 4 miles then you feel obliged (dang catless exhaust attracting too much attention ).

Anyways I was driving along on my way back to my house with surfboard in car and a maxima pulls up on my tail real close and stays there swerving every once in a while so I decide to have a little fun. I slowed down to about 45 in 3rd and took off. When I hit 70 he was about 6 car lengths back and I turned off to my house shortly after. Nothing too great just another sunny afternoon.

matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have a stock wrx w/ an exhaust or an sti...

A stock wrx would not put 6 car lengths from a roll on any maxima 97 or above... I had one and it was quick. An sti is a diff story but I still would see 6 lengths..sorry man but I dont think he was racing.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

might have been a 2.5???? dunno.... but yeah please tell us that whole story
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

ya thats true - a 2002 manual maxima se will do a 1/4 mile in around 15 seconds give or take a few tenths. pretty quick for a bigger car.

Well its not even that.

My 99 maxima weighed 3040 lbs and had 168 whp...not too bad.

THe new ones weigh 3400lb and throw down 200whp...just like an r32 ....

6 cars one either one above doesnt seem realistic.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

First off I have an 02 wrx with an 18g. Secondly it was the older body style maxima and it had minor boltons. I beat a newer body style maxima when I was stage 2 but only by 2 car lengths from a roll.
    Last edited by wrxsc; 07-09-2004 at 05:57 AM.

good kill!!!
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

ya awesome kill no doubt about that. I never like to call bs on people because i just dont race much and have no idea what its really like when it comes down to it.

And especially with your mods thats even cooler. I cant wait till like next summer or osmething so ican start moding my car hard core

ahh...now it makes more sense...didnt know you had a bigger turbo..you need to mention those MINOR details...good kill. How much power are you making ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

no worries. I'm making about 300 even without my tune so who knows once i get it tuned.

i think that doing what you did, you could have put 6 car lenghts on him becasue it takes time for someone that is in the back to realize you have punched it unless they want to race you, which it seemed like he didn't, just wanted to mess with you, and get up to speed, i dont think you can consider that a kill though i did someting similar to 96-99 maxima with some mods and a manual.... he was going realy fast in the morning trafic so i decied to catch up to him and teach him a lesson i was able to get to him on the lights but there were cars next to him on the lights so i had to stop behind him i noticed that it was a manual and it had one of those ricer mufflers on. So as the light turned green he punches it( tires screechin) so i go after him he was so slow that i had to lift my foot of the gas as not to rear end him had time to switch the lane and pass him before i had to turn on the next light, so there... maximas are slo

I tend to disagree though. A maxima really isnt slow. A stage 2 wrx would have had a hard time w/my 99 manual maxima. I had a race pipe, exhaust, intake, and chip. I threw down 212whp. Not too bad and a stage 2 wrx usually is around that...I used to eat vr6's, type r's..things of that nature. I could keep up w/ a stock gt mustang. Don't think they are slow...The new ones from a roll are pretty nasty too..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

damn 13sec - u and your cars! i wish i had the time/effort/money to throw into my cars like that. You are a beast!

ps - do u live in IL? if so i want a ride realllllll bad

Its my only true love...

Dont tell my girl that though
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    I tend to disagree though. A maxima really isnt slow. A stage 2 wrx would have had a hard time w/my 99 manual maxima. I had a race pipe, exhaust, intake, and chip. I threw down 212whp. Not too bad and a stage 2 wrx usually is around that...I used to eat vr6's, type r's..things of that nature. I could keep up w/ a stock gt mustang. Don't think they are slow...The new ones from a roll are pretty nasty too..
    you are correct... there is a large misconception that the nissan maxima is slow, but in reality it is anything but!

i had 2 modded 4th gen maxima's. 96' and 97'. they respond fairly well to mods, especially ECU and y-pipe, and MEVI. a stock 5speed 95-99 maxima could run high 14's. with basic mods like (ypipe, exhaust, ecu, MEVI) they are running low 14's. and with S/C, good numbers are seen, and low 13sec/high 12 sec times are seen.

as for the 2k2-2k3 6speed... these cars can do 14.3-14.5 stock. with basic mods like intake, ypipe, you can see high 13's.
    the auto is also capable of EASY mid to high 14's stock....

they make good power and dont weigh to much... not to mention the VQ engines make some very excellent power bands..

maxima is one of the most all around solid car i know of.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast