R32 Hit me Up! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on R32 Hit me Up! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ellinopedo182 i went from a wrx to an r32. LOVE IT! Traitor!...

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    i went from a wrx to an r32. LOVE IT!
    Traitor!
    Last edited by jamie007; 07-29-2004 at 11:33 AM.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree

I recently had a run in with a Gti, did not end well for him but was invited to their weekly meet and met alot of cool Vw guys. One of them has a R 32 and the money is well spent on the car. He did mention that kit 20k in price but told me he is taking the S/C route! I think the R32 would be sick with some sort of Forced Induction it makes most of it's torque by 2500 rpm.....something to think about. OH and the front rotors are huge.....I still can't believe the size of them!
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

i test drove one last weekend, nice interior , ok handling, but for that price i will rather get a 1.8T and make it 300whp with the extra money spend on the R32.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Originally posted by 4Gsixty3
    i test drove one last weekend, nice interior , ok handling, but for that price i will rather get a 1.8T and make it 300whp with the extra money spend on the R32.
    if you want a highway contender, get a gti and swap the turbo's. If you want an all around car that will outhandle pretty much anything on the road (with some minor suspension mods), go with the R32.

I dumped my evo/z06/m3/m5 killer for my R and havent looked back.

Without FI it's not a straight line monster, but if I wanted that I'd buy an 03 cobra

FWIW, mods on the R32 so far:

EVOMS CAI
    GIAC 93 octane/CAI chip
    APR catback exhaust
    VFE motor mount
    Neuspeed rear sway and front strut tower bar
    HPA SHS coilovers
    HPA short shifter
    Forge adjustable rear control arms

I've driven a 996TT and the R32 has the same driver feedback and handling feel, just a lot less power. Oh, and it has better brakes too...60-0 in 108 ft
    Last edited by BassMan097; 07-27-2004 at 08:24 AM.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by CannonBaller
    I agree completely. That car handles like a dream, it was most impressive. But the dealer has a 2-5k markup. 33k for a VW Golf without a turbo? Can you say Evo, or STI?
    not everyone thinks that an evo or a sti are the end all be all of cars in the $30k-$35k price range.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I agree..

I totally agree some people want a all around car, I use to own a Range Rover and there's a big difference in refinment. Drive an Sti on a rainy day, you feel like the rain is hammering through the roof. You can't think it's so loud, but that's the trade off for a rally race prepped car. The Sti lacks refinement, is loud with a handful of rattles and some other ungodly sounds. The R 32 is put together extremely well, excellent interior and a good balance for everyday driving. Cars that are worthy in the 30 k range are abundant depending on what you value IE: Evo, Sti, G35, 350Z...etc.....

By the way i drive an Sti for now till me and the woman decide on whats next .......and it will be luxury!
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

well, it was a really heavy rain last nite and i took the wrx instead of teh R32 due to the fact that it has wider tires that are better in the rain, and where i was going floods a lot with heavy rain and my R has a CAI in the fender well (didnt want to take chance of hydrolock). Anyway, it was a lot of fun...definitely showed its rally heritage. The traction from the 245 pole positions was awesome, and hearing the huge FP Green whine really made me feel like a rally driver. However, that being said, i could barely see where i was going thanks to the wonderful subaru OEM headlights, and of course, it was bumpy and creaky the whole trip. Very uncomfortable for a passenger who doesnt appreciate just how stiff the chassis is and why it is so.

I wish I could keep it and make it a race car, but i just dont have the cash.
    Last edited by BassMan097; 07-31-2004 at 08:25 AM.

Pics:

Nice

Originally posted by BassMan097
    well, it was a really heavy rain last nite and i took the wrx instead of teh R32 due to the fact that it has wider tires that are better in the rain, and where i was going floods a lot with heavy rain and my R has a CAI in the fender well (didnt want to take chance of hydrolock). Anyway, it was a lot of fun...definitely showed its rally heritage. The traction from the 245 pole positions was awesome, and hearing the huge FP Green wine really made me feel like a rally driver. However, that being said, i could barely see where i was going thanks to the wonderful subaru OEM headlights, and of course, it was bumpy and creaky the whole trip. Very uncomfortable for a passenger who doesnt appreciate just how stiff the chassis is and why it is so.

I wish I could keep it and make it a race car, but i just dont have the cash.
    How much do u want for your REX? Nice R32 by the way.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Nice

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    How much do u want for your REX? Nice R32 by the way.
    Thanks.

Sent you a PM about my wrx 4 sale

Pics:

Bass, dont ***** out, just take out a loan god knows you will have enough money when u are done with med/dental school (forgot which one ur in). Btw, i love the R32, i was very close to trading my WRX in for one, but they only wanted to give me 17k for my wrx.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

I would, but im already on a buttload of loans for tuition/living expenses. I think i'm gonna be parting it out, as I cant seem to move it whole. After that, I'll try to sell it in 'stock' form, probably to the local dealer. I know they'll try and rip me off, but I'll have the last laugh since they're getting a car that had the piss modded out of it

Pics:

Spike TV demo'd the VW R32, watched it last night. Claimed 240HP, 0-60 6.5

They loved the handling, interior and all around looks but complained about lack of power and said it didnt compare to the Jap cars in it's class in power. Price was way to high as well

ive seen the wrx rated anywhere from 5.4 to 6.3 seconds. I have seen the r32 rated from 5.8 to 6.6. i dont think the r32 lacks power, with a 5.8 0-60 and 14.1 @ 99.2 mph, i think it has more power up high, and for this reason traps higher and gets to the quarter faster than its 0-60 would assume it to. I've seen stock ones hit 13.9 and ones with the free exhaust mod done to it high 13.8's. I think that the golf has a lot of power, plus the low end torque on the thing is great.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by HBPUNK
    Spike TV demo'd the VW R32, watched it last night. Claimed 240HP, 0-60 6.5

They loved the handling, interior and all around looks but complained about lack of power and said it didnt compare to the Jap cars in it's class in power. Price was way to high as well
    Road and Track did a comparo with the R32, evo, and sti, and the R had better braking than both the jap cars, handled the skidpad within .01 g's of both, and the only thing it lacked was straight line acceleration. They still loved the R because of its combination of performance, styling, and sophistication. No wings, no altezza tails, no bone jarring suspension and peaky turbo engines. Other mags have agreed.

Downside of the R is the price, and maybe a little on the low end of out-of-the-box power, but there are lots of bolt-ons available, as well as turbo's and superchargers.
    Last edited by BassMan097; 08-01-2004 at 07:34 AM.

Pics:

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar
    YA, and they have the best stock exaust tone. Its incredible. My MOTHER is seriouslt considering one because its "cute, and has AWD." I dont think she has any idea of how fast it is

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123