Another new car

This is a discussion on Another new car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay so this time it's not mine though. My brother just picked up his first brand new car today and ...

Another new car

Okay so this time it's not mine though. My brother just picked up his first brand new car today and I went with him. It's a 2004 Navy Blue VW Jetta GLS 1.8 Turbo with every option available including the sweet 17 inch rims that they have. Only thing it doesn't have is a spoiler (factory one looks like crap) (or leather). I think it's a great car, and although I would never buy one cause I am just not a VW person, I think it suits him well because it's not too fast for him to handle and it's really safe - he's only 19 and has never driven a performance vehicle before - he had a '95 4cylinder mazda mx-3 econo-crapper so I think it's a great starter performance car for him. He can always make it as fast as he wants later on. It handles great, has lots of features, accelerates amazing even with the puny little vw turbo, and it's clean looking. He got a great deal and just couldn't afford a new Rex so I think this is the best choice for him. He's planning on doing some light modding to it and I told him I would help with anything he needs so it should be interesting - I will post pics of it sometime - it's really a nice car - It ain't no rex, but it's still sweet as hell I also had to teach him a thing or two about getting used to a turbo, cornering, letting the car do more of the work, and downshifting instead of using his breaks to slow down all the time like he did in the mazda because it's tranny was dying. It was a fun day though and I am really excited for him. Sorry I posted here - didn't know where else to put this. - Dan
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats to your bro. The 1.8T has great potention for modding. 300hp no problemo.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

stock on stock i wouldn't be suprised if off a roll that 1.8t gives wrx's problems..small turbo kicks in so quick..virtually no lag..great car...friend has a blue one.....looks sweet...recardo seats are awesome...only thing i dont like..the backroom has like no room...and when i sit my head hits the room and i'm only 5'11..but i like everthing else about the car

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    ..small turbo kicks in so quick..virtually no lag..
    Amen to that! The snail sounds pretty nice too while it is singing the song that'll never get old!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    Amen to that! The snail sounds pretty nice too while it is singing the song that'll never get old!

I used to have a 2001.5 VW Passat 5 speed with the 1.8t. The car had some serious turbo lag in my opinion when it was new. Drive the car like it's stolen and those engines get stronger with every mile. The new VW's are not the VW's of old. They are really rebadged Audi's. The Passat is really like an Audi A5. Your bro got the 5 speed right?? The autos are like a full second slower to 60......
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    I used to have a 2001.5 VW Passat 5 speed with the 1.8t. The car had some serious turbo lag in my opinion when it was new. Drive the car like it's stolen and those engines get stronger with every mile. The new VW's are not the VW's of old. They are really rebadged Audi's. The Passat is really like an Audi A5. Your bro got the 5 speed right?? The autos are like a full second slower to 60......
    the Passat is based off the last A4 (B5). Only the Passat is using the old A4 chassi. The Golf/Jetta/Beetle are based on the same chassi and it's used for the A3.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240