WRX vs. my mind....WRX doubts
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. my mind....WRX doubts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i dunno if im juding to fast or what.. this is really off topic, but, i hear of LOts of ...

WRX vs. my mind....WRX doubts

i dunno if im juding to fast or what.. this is really off topic, but, i hear of LOts of cars beating WRX's...like MR2, supra's, RX-7's,lightweight hondas, just about everything..so someone tell me how good the WRX is. cuz im gettin the WRX in like a week, and i might withdrawl cuz of so many stories i hear about it...stock vs. stock it does pretty well and when its slightly modded and whatever it does ok but when u wanna roll uptop it seems this car goes nowhere...correct me if im wrong...cuz i wanted maybe like a westwings bodykit (open to suggestions) with like stage 4 TSX kit (open to suggestions, tell me if u have better setup idea for less $$$. Im not a total newbie, but im no expert so im welcome to your ideas)
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well of course the supra TT and RX7 TT are gonna hose a WRX but look at the difference in cost new stock v stock as for MR2 I think they need mods to beat a WRX I also heard the older ones didn't handle too well. WRX is a quick stock car but it's not gonna beat everything else on the road.

check www.car-stats.com and pick cars u think are fast... then click over to the wrx... u be the judge..

-Mike

you will never own the fastest car... there is always something out there quicker. the WRX is a pretty damn fast car though, and practical at the same time. I think its a great combination for a car. If your only concern is speed though and being the absolute fastest thing out there it might not be the best option for you.
    o-|-<) bryan
    btw, you hear about it losing to all these cars, what about all the cars it beats, especially with a TXS Stage 4? (there are a ton of kill stories too)

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

When all the other fast cars are garaged for the cold season cause they 360 themselves into brick walls, youll be riding high over snow, rain, wet leaves, etc... Remember this is a turbocharged all-wheel-drive 4 door sedan with plenty of trunk space to boot that comes STANDARD. heh

The only thing I'd sell my new puppy for right now is a US STi when and if it hits american shores.

-c

Originally posted by fengshui
    When all the other fast cars are garaged for the cold season cause they 360 themselves into brick walls, youll be riding high over snow, rain, wet leaves, etc... Remember this is a turbocharged all-wheel-drive 4 door sedan with plenty of trunk space to boot that comes STANDARD. heh

The only thing I'd sell my new puppy for right now is a US STi when and if it hits american shores.

-c
    He is from FLA. Half of the WRX appeal is lost in that climate. As well the road are pretty flat and straight, and its pretty damn hot for a turbo car and a TMIC. Sounds to me like he might have bought the wrong car.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

Originally posted by JTREX

He is from FLA. Half of the WRX appeal is lost in that climate. As well the road are pretty flat and straight, and its pretty damn hot for a turbo car and a TMIC. Sounds to me like he might have bought the wrong car.
    on the contrary, turbo charged engines have an advantage over normally aspirated engines when it comes to performing in high heat/humidity. It is tough to argue the AWD vs Florida fact though.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Well, I live in TX and I don't regret purchase at all (No, not the Panhandle, where it actually snows, but DFW). Even with the lack of snow (or maybe ONE snow day), there's still rain, mud, road debris, and all kinds of crazy people in SUV's cutting me off.

It's piece of mind, it's a helluva launch, it's fun as hell. But you know, a minivan can beat our cars. Yea, that one minivan that runs 12's or something. So, uh, don't get this car because the minivan will beat it.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Get a camaro. You won't hardly lose with one of those.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

What are your intentions? Stoplight racing?

I say get an early model civic, swap a GSR motor in it, turbo it or run NOS.

or

early 240, swap in an SR20DET. Can't go wrong.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

im sorry if you guys get a feeling that im dissing the WRX. dont get me wrong i love the car. I just wanna hear what the WRX is capable of...yes Florida is hot and humid but how will that really affect the car? the AWD still has a jump and the turbo still puts out boost? heat does give less traction or somthing like that but that goes for all cars...

Anyways, I dont own the WRX yet. I have 2 weeks to decied if i want one. Im leaning towards yes, but now all the sudden im getting some NO's in my mind...I've never really street raced my self because i dont have a car. So i really dont know how fast the other cars our there are besdies times and watching other races....

Well lets say i get a WRX, and I break it in. Lets say i wanna go to a street racing scene. MOst the cars there arnt stock, how would i make out? is a WRX a respectable competiter? and now lets say im no longer stock, should i got with stage 4 TSX if i could its like 4k or sumthing. is that the best option. i herd that stage 4 TSX gets the wrx running mid 12's and there arnt that many cars that run mid 12's...and if anyone has anything they would like to tell me about modding the WRX speak now. hmmm what eles is there for me to ramble on about...
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

What is your price limit? What other cars are you considering?
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

The WRX is fast, comfortable, fairly roomy, can go off-road, handles great, and gets decent fuel mileage.

AWD helps cornering in the dry as well as WET. It does rain in FL, doesn't it.

If you don't want one, don't get one. There's not a day that goes by when I get behind the wheel of my WRX and regret buying it. Hell, I just bought another one!!!!

-Jim

i really havent consider any other cars yet, my price range is around 25k...and im a 16yr old and you know how it is. so do u think this car is right for me, ive always like it. its just now that its comming down to the descion im starting to look at the cons of the wrx..if you stand with your WRX 100% and your da founder of clubwrx then i guess the WRX is a great car.. and how often do u come face to face with a car that can beat you? im just curious? I ask this because the competiion i have to look out for is a 93 TT supra w\ minor mods and its 6 speed..(turbo timer,boost gauge i think, i really dont know for sure shes a girl and her dad takes care of her car). and HB civic 92 CX model ill post the web addresss so you can see his car and all the mods. a couple of lighly modded INtgeras (no type R's) some civic with **** mods and maybe some with S-chargers(si's) S-10 trucks that are cake, i can beat them by foot. and celica's. and that about all i can rember
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

my firneds car i gotta watch out for

2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast