WRX vs. my mind....WRX doubts - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. my mind....WRX doubts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My WRX is perfect for me because I have the power to smoke most cars off the line when I ...

My WRX is perfect for me because I have the power to smoke most cars off the line when I need to. I don't race, but do need to get ahead of slower people sometimes. It has AWD which helps in the winter since I drive 80 miles a day to work. I have to drive in some pretty nasty winter weather sometimes. It is so much more fun than a RWD or FWD car when there is snow on the ground. You don't have to worry too much about getting stuck. It has 4 doors and stuff for child seats, which is good since my wife is expecting. It is reliable unlike my old mitsubishi. And I think it just looks good...

I think the big kicker, is the AWD, though. I need to have that for the winter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by jester
    alright let me tell you a quick story, i had a nice long paragraph type out and i was about to press submit and my FREAKING POWER GOES OUT right was my mouse was above the submit button, man im pissed..this is somthing like i wrote.

why is the WRX a perfect car for you, maybe after hearing that i can decided if the WRX is a perfect car for me. my intensions for the WRX is to go to the Hot spot in my city and just pop my hood and chill with some modded up cars and dot a little streetracing all for fun. as for mods go this is my schueduel. for the first 2 months just use it as a daily driver and practice shifting getting used to the car, matching rev's, downshifting, double clutching,etc...and after that maybe "race" some rice and get the feel of streetracing. and i feel i need to mod my car up a bit more ill start with like a stage 2 TSX or maybe stage 1 kit of some sort. and move up from there untill i am satisfied. and just have some fun on the road. and im not a newbie when it comes to cars i worked for subaru in mechnics division, scary eh, and i was only 15 then. so im not a total idiot when it comes to car i just care so much about cars i dont wanna buy the wrong for me.also i plan on gettina body kit, C-west, Westwing(they look identical but i like C-west better but its WAY more expensive) and if u have any ideas on body kits please tell me. well now that you see my intesions suggest a car for me. the car either has to be new or 2-3 yrs old. and i have around a 25k price limit. thank you for all yor advice.

My only thing is this: if your limit is $25k, how the hell are you going to do all these modifications? The car alone will be $25 and up depending on how many options you pick. It could be upwards of $30k if you go crazy...and then all that other stuff is going to cost you a pretty penny...so how are you going to deal with that? Will you be happy with the car stock for awhile until you can get up some money?

the stock WRX will beat most stock cars you see on the road,plain and simple. You will lose to a Z28, a Vette, a Cobra...but you will beat 95% of other cars out there. I guess if you're looking for clout on the street racing scene (why??) then you need to throw a few grand into your engine and suspension...but I'm no expert with this car like others around here. They could offer much better advice. But man, the most important thing is to be happy with what you got and honestly, if you love to drive I don't see how you couldn't be happy with that car.

Let's not forget after you smoke 'em on the street you can give the middle finger and cut off across a field, jump a hill and splash through a shallow stream and tear ass through a berm. Let's see a bling-bling ricer's Honda do that.

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Let's not forget after you smoke 'em on the street you can give the middle finger and cut off across a field, jump a hill and splash through a shallow stream and tear ass through a berm. Let's see a bling-bling ricer's Honda do that.
    Dude, why do you feel the need to say that? Why do you even have to compare your car to a Honda? Isn't that what most Subaru owners have beef with, the Honda owners trying to shoot them down all the time? The WRX is in a different class than any Honda besides the S2000...and I think we've already established that stock for stock, the S2000 will beat the WRX most of the time so what the f*** does that say about your comment about smoking them on teh street?

This thread was informative for Jester (I hope) and then you had to go take your cheap shot at Honda. He shouldn't be worried about Honda's - that's the point. But you don't have to say some bull**** like that. I own a RSX Type S and have found this board to be very open and knowledgable...I have never claimed that my car can beat a WRX, stock or modded or whatever other Honda owners have implied. If you haven't noticed, this thread has revolved around him talking down bigger and better cars than the WRX, not "ricers" as you so fondly stereotyped every Honda owner as. Thanks, you just made this board look about as objective as Club RSX.

I HAVE 25K for the car! dont worry bout the money for mods i have money for mods..i guess i just wanna know how much money it would take to take out supra's,RX7's, AM Honda's, etc. . .and what modafications. if this car isnt for me what is? Stage 4 tsx and some other cheap mods? what would that run me could that take me into the mid 11 or high 11's...i really need some adivice on that i guess, cuz i think the WRX is good for me. but sometimes i dont but its da best i can do, and i see that alot of peeps are satified with it.
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

Buy an SS. Buy a supercharger.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jester
    I HAVE 25K for the car! dont worry bout the money for mods i have money for mods..i guess i just wanna know how much money it would take to take out supra's,RX7's, AM Honda's, etc. . .and what modafications. if this car isnt for me what is? Stage 4 tsx and some other cheap mods? what would that run me could that take me into the mid 11 or high 11's...i really need some adivice on that i guess, cuz i think the WRX is good for me. but sometimes i dont but its da best i can do, and i see that alot of peeps are satified with it.
    This car does high 11s...fastest in the country right now:

http://www.driversimage.com
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

i dont want to be rude or anything but ur whining buddy...u dunno what u want and u want us to tell u what u want...ur 16..if u get somthing fast there is a good possiblity that you will unfortuantly crash.....dont worry how fast it will and can go...there is unlimited possibilty for everything...any another thing why dont u drive the wrx and other cars to compare for urself instead of asking us what u want.....the only way to know if u like somthing is to try it...thast me .02

ive driven the WRX b4. im just checking out my other opotions. and i think ill go with the WRX and see how it goes. ON a totaly new topic. HOLY **** i got A,A,B,C(damn spanish, i dont speak it!) on my REport card wich is a HUGE A** improvement for me last yr i got D,D,D,F. DuDE, i think i might be alble to go to collage if i keep it up and do better and better. man i just sound like a da biggiest *** ever. but i normally flunk out or whatnot get kicked out or sumhing, i never really did good in school till i applied myself. thank you for all your time im pretty sure im going to go with the WRX and report back when i get it and how much i love it. you guys are right my expetitions are way to high. espically thanxs to SpeedracerWRX02. for making me realize how gay i was being about this. atleast i can realize my mistakes and accept them. but one of my last questions, wich do you think is the best body kit for the WRX? so far all i could really find is C-west and westwings wich almsot look the same. ive seen others but i wouild like to have a full kit not just like a greddy lip or sumthing..im not that big on kit but i would like to have one.

Much love to ClubWRX. and thank you. i really like ths forum because people here are very open not like most..RSX fourm,"RSX RULE< THEY"LL SMOKE YOU", or rice o roni formums.
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

what will the diffrence be between the 02 and 03 WRX;s. and how much would a leather inteior cost?
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

jdm
    02 and 03 will have very minor changes if no changes at all....i believe they might be changing the 03 grill(please correct me if im wrong), and adding a new color(that yellow one), and i also hear they are raising the MSRP $200!

leather interior will cost you about $700

but as far as perfromance there is no change? the can the leather be done at the dealership, i herd it can be done at some? and you can get it in like grey and blue with WRX threaded into the seats, it looked pretty nice.
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

how can you u stock injectors with thet ihi v30 turbo? like they did on the fastest wrx in the country dont you need new injectors for that turbo?
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

geez, i was getting pretty tired of this thread, and was amazed at how many people kept responding to it...
    anyways, i'm glad we are done talking about what car is best for you... cause only you can decide that. if everything is up in the air to you, then just go testdrive everything you are interested in. if you still dont know, then nobody else is gonna help you decide.

to answer your question... you can use a bigger turbo without supporting mods (front mount intercooler, upgraded fuel system, upgraded engine management, etc.) but you wont be able to max out the bigger turbo's potential. you will be able to use the bigger turbo without other mods, but not with a ton of boost.

one last thing... when you get whatever car you get-- please be safe , honestly. it doesnt take much to get in an accident.... and that would risk your life as well as others'.

o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

did they replace the mirrors on US models? to stop the noise if you guys get it at all?

also I think if you get that car to 11's you will
    a) have not a stitch of warranty left
    b) kill yourself
    c) most likely kill someone else
    d) lose reliability of your car (before you crash it taht is )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast