Forced to follow a Porsche...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forced to follow a Porsche... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I was driving home and was basically forced to follow what sounded like a modded GT2 Porsche. I'm always ...

Forced to follow a Porsche...

Today I was driving home and was basically forced to follow what sounded like a modded GT2 Porsche. I'm always on the lookout for cars on the blvd but now that I'm basically set on like 10psi (don't have injectors for the turbo yet) so I just basically had to sit behind him and watch him take off on me a bunch of times while I just sat there in awe...I can't explain how good the exhaust sounds on these things...hopefully one day I can afford one.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, a modded GT2...that would be a rare sight! However, it wouldn't matter if you were a stage 200 WRX running 30PSI you aren't catching a modded GT2 or any Porsche Twin Turbo for that matter.

I know, a Stage 200 @ 30PSI is pretty out there, but we all know, in reality Porsche Turbos are monsters, no other way to put it.

-Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Damn that would've been fun.

Speaking of Porsches, I saw a turbo today with a freakin bra on the front. The car was dark silver with black windows.

SO HOT!!!!!!!!! (minus bra)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Mabf355
    Wow, a modded GT2...that would be a rare sight! However, it wouldn't matter if you were a stage 200 WRX running 30PSI you aren't catching a modded GT2 or any Porsche Twin Turbo for that matter.

I know, a Stage 200 @ 30PSI is pretty out there, but we all know, in reality Porsche Turbos are monsters, no other way to put it.

-Marc
    Yup, I knew my place...but I wish I could have at least made an attempt to follow him...everytime he punched it he would just leave me and I was dying to just stomp on the gas just to keep his tail lights in view.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

There is a Porsche Turbo out the front of my building right now with a nice scrape of "parking lot pole" yellow down the right hand side.

Shows that even such awesome cars are not all owned by people who like to drive and actually can.

Thats about $1000 piece of panel work. The equivalent scrape on my car would be a 50 dollar respray.

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Damn that would've been fun.

Speaking of Porsches, I saw a turbo today with a freakin bra on the front. The car was dark silver with black windows.

SO HOT!!!!!!!!! (minus bra)
    Yeah most things are better when the bra is off

EH HEM: SHOTGUN

Yup, I knew my place...but I wish I could have at least made an attempt to follow him...everytime he punched it he would just leave me and I was dying to just stomp on the gas just to keep his tail lights in view.
    Haha I figured you did. My uncle has an 03 996TT X50 (the X50 is basically the GT2 engine option in the regular AWD turbo 450HP!!!)amongst other insane cars that I always get to play with, and its always a great feeling knowing most cars cant even attempt to play a turbo on the street. Granted he does have a stable full of other no-nonsense street machines, but that 996 Turbo hooks so well because of the AWD then its gone.....Definately in my top 5 of the fastest cars I have driven/driven in.

-Marc

sht
    i want a 1997 993 turbo s so bad.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by Mabf355

-Marc
    I think I, as well as some other members on this forum, can hold our own against a 996 tt.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by ilivas
    I think I, as well as some other members on this forum, can hold our own against a 996 tt.
    up to 100 mph u might be able to, but after that, the turbos still got 97 more mph to kill you with
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

well, I'm talking quarter mile though.

but yeah, on a top speed run I'd probably get waxed.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Obviously i realize some people in ANY car, especially on these forums in a 1/4 mile race can keep up with anything with the right mods. However...how consistantly can you abuse a modded anything to run with a 911TT? It's a rhetorical question... Granted they are over $100k and a 11 Second WRX or any car for that matter can be had for WAY under that, but those 911TTs are such a superior set up compared to almost anything out there. Blistering acceleration, AWD grip, monster brakes etc....what's not to love?

-Marc

Whats not to love, but they are no giant killer. 996 TT's put down around 350 on a dyno dynamics dyno. 18g's and 20g's on race gas can thrown that down. Green's get close on pump gas. It would be bye bye to Mr. Porschey on race gas with a Green.

Richard
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

Bye bye until he pays a visit to gemballa, ruf, or autothority. then the cycle starts all over again.

We were talking about stock 996 TT's. Anyways, the chances of you running into a gemballa or Renntech modded Porsche in any area around me is about the same chances as seeing an Enzo. So, thats not something that I am too concerned with.
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.