Anyone ran against S2000 on a highway?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone ran against S2000 on a highway? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I hear so many S2000 people claiming kills on stock WRX on a highway. I wonder how modded WRXs are ...

Anyone ran against S2000 on a highway?

I hear so many S2000 people claiming kills on stock WRX on a highway. I wonder how modded WRXs are running against S2000.... anyone ran one yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RSXracer200
    unless u have a decent amount of mods dont even bother cause it wont even be close...i to have seen these claimed s2000 kills on the highway with stock wrx

oh well if they need to lie to themselves then they can go right ahead, whatever floats their boat

a WRX Sti Might have a change but I nearly bought an S2000 and the dealer let me have it for a day (in which I gave it a good workout) A stock WRX has no hope. The S2000 has just got way more power, is lighter and has better suspension. The interior is pretty poor quality though. Over all I was disapointed with the S2000 (I think the Subaru B4 should give it a good run though )

Originally posted by RSXracer200
    unless u have a decent amount of mods dont even bother cause it wont even be close...i to have seen these claimed s2000 kills on the highway with stock wrx

oh well if they need to lie to themselves then they can go right ahead, whatever floats their boat
    I thought he was banned no?? Did you guys bring him back?

RSXracer200
    ban me for what i dont flame.....cant get banned if u dont flame

im here to stay, better learn to like me. besides i dont bull**** i just tell it like it is. sorry i dont sugar coat the end result for u all just so u dont feel so bad that a s2000 rips u, i guess i can try for once "hey they might be faster but at least you can win if u race off the line and its been raining"...lol is that better

Originally posted by RSXracer200
    ban me for what i dont flame.....cant get banned if u dont flame

im here to stay, better learn to like me. besides i dont bull**** i just tell it like it is. sorry i dont sugar coat the end result for u all just so u dont feel so bad that a s2000 rips u, i guess i can try for once "hey they might be faster but at least you can win if u race off the line and its been raining"...lol is that better
    I'm not so sure about the off the line part (raining yes) but in the dry with a good launch the S2000 is very very quick (Incase anyone want's to flame me for that go drive one before flaming that statement) I think in the dry the launch would be close but once that Vtec kicks in on the S2000 say goodbye.

also it's not even a fair comparison stock for stock because the S2000 is sooo much more expensive than the WRX. If you stuck the difference into the WRX I think the S2000 would have a hard time catching it. It's all relative

Never ran against one on the highway, but in town, I have though, and took it out pretty easily.....But then I think that was because he did not have enough room to get up to speed (where S2K's tend to make their money). Even with my boost controller in place, I am still not sure what will happen on the highway. I am waiting for a good price to come up for the VF-30 or 23 turbo's (have not completely decided which one to get yet - -Any suggestions???) before I can say for sure that I would put a beating on an S2000 on the highway
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

VteC WoWW

Yo like a s2000 is so much faster than yo WRx I mean like they claim 227 hp but at most they make like 150hp to the wheels and the RsX makes like 190 to the wheels with the VTec kicks in and they can rip u a new one on the highway because I just tell it like it is and come here to shoot down you bull**** WRX kills because you can't win if it's not raining so don't feel so bad about your crappy car of the year

Close?

I wish I had all the free time to go shoot down the MASSES of bull**** honda kills on their boards. What a waste of time.

I wan't the minute of my life back I lost reading your posts.

Now back to a real conversation... I raced an S2k off the line in dry weather, with nothing more than my VS0. Didn't exactly win handily, but I did win up to about 85 where we shut it down with him pretty close behind. They are fast cars, and I'd probably buy one as a second car if I had the money. They're pretty too, just like the chick he had in his passenger seat

I can't get an S2k to race me. I ask the owners all the time and they always say no. Oh well, I'll have to settle for my Boxster encounter the other day.

-Jim

The S2000's are pretty fast if you know how to drive them. They reley on high revs to make power. If you keep the revs at 7000 and less, your 1/4 would be ~15.4 @ 86. People are somtimes afraid to rev them, and that is where they fault and will lose. Stock for stock and if the Honda driver knows his car, the WRX won't win.
    However, I am a very proud owner of a WRX

hmm

I raced S2000's in chicago before...it wasnt a long race...0-90...but i was about 4-5 cars ahead everytime. Those things...are so slow off the line, i pull so hard on them in 1st and 2nd gear. Im not even sure if they will be a match for me if we roll, i never saw him gain on me once. Maybe he sucked at driving, but i was not impressed. Granted, im not stock, i got the UP/DP combo, but still, that thing should have been quicker. Oh Well.

-Bobby D

cobra117 = RSXracer200
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Originally posted by wombat
    also it's not even a fair comparison stock for stock because the S2000 is sooo much more expensive than the WRX. If you stuck the difference into the WRX I think the S2000 would have a hard time catching it. It's all relative
    If you put everything into the WRX that you could get (better wheels, etc...) then it would be about the same in price - I know plenty of WRX owners that spend upwards or $30,000 on their cars and most on this board have dumped dough into their car for modifications.

I personally think stock vs. stock, it would be a driver's race. Maybe the S2K is a bit quicker on the interstate, but I bet your AWD hookup off the line will give it a mad run.

This isn't intended to flame or even be negative, but if $ is the main thing to take into account when comparing, who could you compare your car to? I mean, you could take a few thousand into a civic and it could beat you - same with an integra, an RSX, etc... But we still hear comparisons between WRX and stock RSX-S or INtegra's. Can't have it both ways.

A stock WRX is a bad-ass car, no doubt. Don't use a double-standard though...(and a poor one since its about as much to buy a WRX as a S2K with all options).

what are you smoking?

My reply was TO RSXracer200.

I again reiterate- S2000s are nice cars, but I prefer my WRX.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.