Anyone ran against S2000 on a highway? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone ran against S2000 on a highway? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by The Enemy Have you read the post above? Your S2000 must be different from the States. Chuglobal ...

Originally posted by The Enemy

Have you read the post above? Your S2000 must be different from the States. Chuglobal and I have both ran up against them and nice as they are, pictures don't lie.

After racing Tom's S2000 he took me for a ride and I really enjoyed riding in it, had a cockpit that was very well layed out. And it cornered like a go-kart.
    I don't doubt for a minute your modded WRX's slap S2000's. maybe ours are different. It seems we get more JDM Gear on all our Jap cars . Personally I found the S2000 uncomfortable and the only way to get the power out of it was by running it hard high in the rev range (as someone said earlier). I'm not trying to call BS but there are alot of S2000 drivers who are too ***** to race and maybe some kills are not real races (if you know what I mean)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by wombat

I don't doubt for a minute your modded WRX's slap S2000's. maybe ours are different. It seems we get more JDM Gear on all our Jap cars . Personally I found the S2000 uncomfortable and the only way to get the power out of it was by running it hard high in the rev range (as someone said earlier). I'm not trying to call BS but there are alot of S2000 drivers who are too ***** to race and maybe some kills are not real races (if you know what I mean)
    Clarifying - It wasn't modded.

He was running at 7k when he launched and I launched.
    The second run he jumped I lagged and he got ahead.
    The third run I again took the lead and up through 80+ he was still behind.
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

Favorite Passenger Comment: I feel like we're about to go lightspeed!

Yup

Keith's WRX has always been fast ... weird even w/ just an upipe. His feels more loose while mine is on the opposite extreme. I was there that night when the picture was taken along w/ like 8 other people. Those who only "hear" about X vs X don't try to sound like you know anything ... stop talking and start walking. That's why it's so much more fun to grab people from other car clubs and get a friendly race going. ... "Waving My Stick!"
    I still respect the S2000 however you're right about people willing to "drive" their cars. I really don't care what people say a car "should" do ... I wanna see what they can do in a "real" world situation. It's doesn't matter if X does 4.9 sec 0-60 ... if you can't do it ALL the time ... it's not 4.9sec. The S2000 definitely corners MUCH better than a WRX ... VERY flat ... umm DMS or Tein on a WRX ... umm .
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

s2000

Look i have a wrx not to scared anybody but a s2000 is really fast
    my co worker just got one and let just say is fast for know.as for a good driver i seen rookie pull 14.5.man i seen as good as 13.4
    this ****er are fast. and for the people saying that they beat one
    not to burst your balloon but the people driving this thing can't drive.

Re: s2000

Originally posted by wrxallwheel
    my co worker just got one and let just say is fast for know.as for a good driver i seen rookie pull 14.5.man i seen as good as 13.4
    agreed ... the S2000 is not an easy car to get speed out of though, the driver is probably the biggest factor

Re: s2000

Look, Pictures don't lie, take a look and you'll see me clearly in front by 3 car lengths. If you haven't raced an S2k in your WRX then stop making opinionated reviews. You know nothing of the drivers, and obviously have not taken into account anything that Richard and I have posted. And at this point it looks like we are the only ones who have raced against them? Am I discrediting the S2k? NO, it's an awesome ride. But you're on a WRX site, you're trying to hold this coveted S2k above us WRX drivers and we have PROOF that we can beat them without a problem from start when stock and from any speed when modified. So just go race one and stop arguing about it.

Not to keep beating this with a stick, but the guy that raced Richard and I traded his S2K in for a WRX partially because he was so impressed with the performance. If that's not a compliment to the WRX I don't know what is.
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

The S2000 is infamous for being one of those cars where you can either drive it, or you can't. If you can't, its not a fast car. If you CAN drive it, you can pull so much power out of it. Stock vs stock, it completely depends on the driver.

Agree

I totally agree ... it's up to the driver when you race 2 competitive cars. It's not like racing a Accord vs. Viper ... it's called 5 sec cars aganist 5 sec cars.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Re: s2000

Originally posted by The Enemy

Look, Pictures don't lie, take a look and you'll see me clearly in front by 3 car lengths. If you haven't raced an S2k in your WRX then stop making opinionated reviews. You know nothing of the drivers, and obviously have not taken into account anything that Richard and I have posted. And at this point it looks like we are the only ones who have raced against them? Am I discrediting the S2k? NO, it's an awesome ride. But you're on a WRX site, you're trying to hold this coveted S2k above us WRX drivers and we have PROOF that we can beat them without a problem from start when stock and from any speed when modified. So just go race one and stop arguing about it.

Not to keep beating this with a stick, but the guy that raced Richard and I traded his S2K in for a WRX partially because he was so impressed with the performance. If that's not a compliment to the WRX I don't know what is.

well duh a mod wrx is more then capable of beating a s2000 that's common sense dude i am talking stock vs stock and not even because to make a wrx a low 13s sec car you need more then 14 pounds to do the job so get off the high horse it's only a wrx not a zo6. s2000 1/4mile 13.4 at 102mph
    wrx for life

13.4 1/4 mile time on s2000??
    That's Stock??
    I mean....I'm not a good driver but I'm not a BAD driver.
    I have 4 friends who has s2k. And we took them to the track with just intake cone filter and ran them all. I drove my friend's car twice and they drove theirs like 5-7 times.
    Best we came up was 13.79( I think)
    It was no faster than 13.70 whatsoever. It was pretty cool and not much humidity either. Maybe we just suck?
    And yes.....we did launch at 7k RPM, because it has like almost no torque until that point. If you drove s2k before...you know what I mean.
    -soul

This would be an ideal car. Too bad the article's fake.

[URL]http://www.caranddriver.com-roadtests-xml-9943.34543.23423.643.WRX2200-Preview.TestSample-Images.22.324.5435.643@http://www.candieandzack.com/C-D%20P...20Page%201.htm
    Last edited by TristineLim; 07-29-2002 at 10:42 PM.

Wow...

That's serious.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Re: Re: Re: s2000

well duh a mod wrx is more then capable of beating a s2000 that's common sense dude i am talking stock vs stock and not even because to make a wrx a low 13s sec car you need more then 14 pounds to do the job so get off the high horse it's only a wrx not a zo6. s2000 1/4mile 13.4 at 102mph
    wrx for life
    I was STOCK, not even an MBC. I'm not on a high horse, you people are all hailing the S2k as the king and it's not. I realize the WRX is not a z06 but you people seem to think the S2k's are unbeatable. Even when there's unsubstantial proof of a stock WRX beating an S2k on launch.
    JDM STi Uppipe
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Lead Foot

So what's the subject of this Thread again......:
    Oh found it........ its called "Anyone ran against S2000 ON A HIGHWAY?"

A Stock for Stock S2K on a roll I heard Chuglobal said beats his WRX.... Off the line with AWD launch however the WRX wins average 1-3 cars....

So the ANSWER to this thread = S2000 WINS....!!!

And the reason why a WRX will beat an S2000 so much off the line is 80% because of driver inability, seriously. Any S2K which has fitted better than S-02s tyres (no traction, I know I've used it before) and who is willing to abuse the clutch by slipping it fully while launching would at least get 2 cars back! RWD is a lot harder to launch consistently, and the gearing in S2K doesn't help at the actual Speed the tyres are pulling to stay in VTEC, but it can be done.

However like the bloke who said (Chuglobal again) if it could only PULL 4.Xs 0-60mph once in a while it doesn't mean jack.... Normally a S2K off a line won't be anywhere near 4.Xs as the clutch will burn out after a go or 3!!
    Last edited by Iruka; 07-30-2002 at 08:57 AM.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Originally posted by Drod
    Now I see, you were making fun of him and his grammar. I give you my apologies cobra117.
    You know, I was thinking the same thing, so I owe you an apology as well. Sorry for jumping to conclusions cobra117. You certainly immitated him well!

My step-mother's sister has a nice red S2000 (MY01, I think). One of these days...one of these days...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.