Me (wrx) vs. my friend (Civic HB).....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me (wrx) vs. my friend (Civic HB)..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; alright so here's the deal. My friend like's to talk trash, he's my friend but once again he talks to ...

Me (wrx) vs. my friend (Civic HB).....

alright so here's the deal. My friend like's to talk trash, he's my friend but once again he talks to much trash. Anyways I have a Stock WRX as of the moment im running a stock WRX while he is running this wicked beast.

http://www.tamparacing.com/phpBB2/vi...=27801&start=0

(click URL to see his car)

and it claims a decent time slip. and I wanna know if his time slip is accurate. If it is i dont think my WRX can keep up with his CIvic. And i dont wanna loose a race against him...ever...i was thinking bout TSX kits...wich would smoke him. i dunno does n e 1 have n e adice on anyting..this is a really wierd fourm im writing. Well it really off topic. another question i have is body kits..im trying to decied ether C west.....Westwings....OEM....greddy...etc..does anybody have any adivce on body kits just throw it at me..just anyting bout anyting would be good for me..sorry if this fourm makes no sence its late at night.
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    He runs a 13.822 @ 101.45 MPH? Check out Jim's (PlatinumWRX) mods...you should be able to take him with those in a 1/4 mile race...his ET is higher though but I guess that's to be expected with a GSR motor On the street though, anything could happen.

I'd suggest posting your other questions in different forums here
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

K&N Air Filter $50
    Joe P MBC $40
    Samco IC Hoses $130

These mods should net you an EASY 13.7 or 13.8

-Jim

jdm
    i just realized jester posted this thread(saying he has a wrx), and his other thread(asking if he should get one a wrx)...were both posted on the same day???

Yeah, I'm confused. Care to explain, jester?

Maybe it is one of those "if I get a wrx I can beat you" type of deal.

Um, dude, you are worried about a Civic? WTF? Seriously, I'm not sure if you are ready for a WRX if you are planning on racing a car with, what, 8lb-ft@999999rpm? Please, walk away from the Subaru dealership and into an Acura one. Acura will be more than willing to sell you a car that would go as fast as a Civic.

WRX was built to crush M3s and Corvettes, and defecate (can't say a certain 's' word I guess!) Civics in the process.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Um, dude, you are worried about a Civic? WTF? Seriously, I'm not sure if you are ready for a WRX if you are planning on racing a car with, what, 8lb-ft@999999rpm? Please, walk away from the Subaru dealership and into an Acura one. Acura will be more than willing to sell you a car that would go as fast as a Civic.

WRX was built to crush M3s and Corvettes, and defecate (can't say a certain 's' word I guess!) Civics in the process.
    I don't think so about the corvette or m3. A civic with a gsr engine will walk a rex on the highway. From a stop that is a different story.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Originally posted by BamBooI

I don't think so about the corvette or m3. A civic with a gsr engine will walk a rex on the highway. From a stop that is a different story.
    A Civic with a gsr engine. Okay, lets do the math:
    Civic: FWD
    WRX: AWD WINNER!!!

Civic: 127lb-ft torque
    WRX: 217lb-ft torque WINNER!!!

Civic: I4
    WRX: H4 WINNER!!!

Civic: 1.8L
    WRX: 2.0L WINNER!!!

Civic: NA
    WRX: Turbo WINNER!!!

And with a 5-0 shellacking of the Civic, it goes down in flames. From a stop, from a roll, you can't catch me, I'm a WRX!

Sorry but I totally disagree. Swapping a civic engine with a GSR motor is just like replacing sardines with caviar. Sure the caviar is more expensive, but it still stinks.
    2002 RSX Type S

Originally posted by RSXSucks

A Civic with a gsr engine. Okay, lets do the math:
    Civic: FWD
    WRX: AWD WINNER!!!

Civic: 127lb-ft torque
    WRX: 217lb-ft torque WINNER!!!

Civic: I4
    WRX: H4 WINNER!!!

Civic: 1.8L
    WRX: 2.0L WINNER!!!

Civic: NA
    WRX: Turbo WINNER!!!

And with a 5-0 shellacking of the Civic, it goes down in flames. From a stop, from a roll, you can't catch me, I'm a WRX!

Sorry but I totally disagree. Swapping a civic engine with a GSR motor is just like replacing sardines with caviar. Sure the caviar is more expensive, but it still stinks.
    damn u really want a WRX dont u?? u should trade in ur acura for the wRX and live happily ever after or u should wait for the STi or Evo then talk about how slow the WRX's are
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

Originally posted by stickman

damn u really want a WRX dont u?? u should trade in ur acura for the wRX and live happily ever after or u should wait for the STi or Evo then talk about how slow the WRX's are
    No, the WRX is faster than the Evo... both WRXs!
    2002 RSX Type S

Go away troll! Am I the only one not conceited enough to admit that this guy is annoying even though he brags about the wrx 24-7
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

His responses are way too unrealistic to take it seriously. But I think he's funny.

I'm an old man (45) with a WRX wagon w/ MBC@ 1.1 bar, MRT downpipe,cat-back, intake pulleys, short throw,MRT TMIC,anti-lift (very nice!) and my wife can take any civic/ acura-so far. Note I did not say S2000!The key is to get a down pipe as this opens up the top-end. it seems that the WRX is a good sprinter until you want to go past 80 mph or so. Have any others experienced the top-end surge of a downpipe?

Originally posted by veritas
    I'm an old man (45) with a WRX wagon w/ MBC@ 1.1 bar, MRT downpipe,cat-back, intake pulleys, short throw,MRT TMIC,anti-lift (very nice!) and my wife can take any civic/ acura-so far. Note I did not say S2000!The key is to get a down pipe as this opens up the top-end. it seems that the WRX is a good sprinter until you want to go past 80 mph or so. Have any others experienced the top-end surge of a downpipe?
    You have more than enough to take on any Honda/Acura including the S2000 and the NSX. Why? Because with your MBC@1.1 you are probably making about 300-350lb-ft of torque. That is WAY more than the S2000 and significantly more than the NSX. Next time you line up against either of these cars, don't be afraid to rev the engine, you will crush them!
    2002 RSX Type S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.