WRX vs. S2000?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. S2000? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm supposed to race an S2000 tonight. THis is a very important race for me, lots of bragging rights on ...

Question WRX vs. S2000?

I'm supposed to race an S2000 tonight. THis is a very important race for me, lots of bragging rights on the line. The driver of the S2000 is a girl on top of it all

Anyway, I have a 2003 WRX with UTEC stage 1, blitz exhaust, and RFL BOV. I also have 18" wheels for that matter, making it a tad bit harder to launch. I have killed several mustangs lately, including a 95 5.0 cobra and an 02 GT w/ drag radials, intake, pullies, catback, and gears.

I'm worried about the S2000 though just because of her crazy top end power. I've heard that she can drive pretty decent, but she just put on some new 17" wheels and tires, and the new tires are kind of ****ty, so they may not hookup as well as the S02's used to. THe S2000 is bone stock.
    Sunset Orange Metallic 2003 WRX

aim- skrypaksWRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should have her pretty easy from a stop I would think. How far are you guys going to run? Quarter mile? Flying mile?

More information please. With a stage 1 "tuned" UTEC I would think you'd be okay but I don't remember what a stage 1 car drives like since I've had a turbo xs stage 2 for 2 years.

Good luck.

From a dig and a nice launch this should be a no contest if its the quater mile. If you are going to do a rolling start on anything past a quarter mile then I'd be a little worried.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

You will lose if she can drive..

You need TurboXS stage 2 mods as a minimum if you want to go S2000 hunting from a roll, and even then, it would be a driver's race imo.

The shorter you keep the race, the better, and your chances are best if you go from a stop, not a roll..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

it's from a launch, 1/4 mile

aim- skrypaksWRX

you may have a chance with good launch... without a decent launch, you will probably lose by 1-2 car lengths.

Instead of the bov you should have bought an up pipe, I toyed with an s2k when I had an up pipe + mbc and he couldn't walk me at low speeds....don't know what would happen past 60 (nor would I want to know )

Also what year is the s2k? Aren't the new ones a little more powerful/torquey?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

the bov was $75 used

i have an up pipe, its just not on yet.

aim- skrypaksWRX

Originally posted by lawnboy
    the bov was $75 used

i have an up pipe, its just not on yet.
    from a dead stop you will win by very little...

from a 30+mph roll you're new nickname will be pubes...cause you'll get waxed

From a dig or a first gear roll, you'll win. From a 60mph roll it would be close.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

take off the RFL BOV and go back to stock. I promise you that your performance will be worse because of the RFL. I went to the track and ran almost a second faster after I took off the RFL. Please do this now!

along with that take out your spare tire, and anything else you don't need just in case

I think you should be able to beat her though. Is it one of the newer S2000's or the older ones?

01 S200.

i already took out the spare and all that junk. I'm cleaning out tthe rest of my interior, should free up 10-15 pounds

aim- skrypaksWRX

From a stop you should have it in the bag as long as you launch correctly, despite magazines/experts the street is different. Usually people get nervous when I get out in front of them and since 01's are all stick she has to be a perfect driver to run the low 14's high 13's s2k's are claimed to run. Once people see that awd launch and see the wrx (or evo/gs-x/sti for that matter) out in front they usually start fumbling shifts etc because they're paying more attention to you then their driving. Is your utec tuned? Or is it just the Stage 1 map from TXS?
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Re: WRX vs. S2000?

Originally posted by lawnboy
    I'm worried about the S2000 though just because of her crazy top end power. THe S2000 is bone stock.
    Just make sure you shout "VTEC!!!" louder than her and you'll be fine. I seriously wouldnt worry about a stock s2000 especialy from a stop if I were you.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast