WRX vs. VW R32 - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. VW R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So much to respond too... well i think the G35's interior is pretty nice, as is the 350z's, though i ...

So much to respond too...

well i think the G35's interior is pretty nice, as is the 350z's, though i felt like the G's dash was too close to the driver. felt too cramped even tho the rest of the car felt roomy.

Your saying the R32 is faster when there have been plenty of examples of stock wrx's beating them. At this point i would say its a drivers race. their 0-60's are nearly identical, and 1/4mi are around the same as well. the VR6 traps higher. The WRX is much more mod friendly and is a lot less expensive to mod. i recall the $23,000 tubo kit for the R32.

i wasnt comparing the VW interior to say MB, but im just saying that if you want to talk about interiors you might as well talk about the REALLY amazing ones. the VW has a nice interior, but its not that amazing. not that the wrx has an amazing interior either.

The Legacy 2.5GT and Forester 2.5XT are faster than the R32 since they run high 13's - very low 14's stock. The times you are talking about are rare. most R32's arent pulling those numbers.

I love Audi b/c of their heritage w/ Quattro, motorsports, their styling, etc. My family has owned many Audi's (5000, 80, A6, etc). We also have had a Rabbit and a Scirocco. I used to want a 99.5 Jetta when they first came out. so i do like them, but i just never saw the interior as being this godly thing.

Passat R?

Sorry your WRX had so many problems. but i think the average VW owner spends more time at the shop than the avg Subaru owner. (stock of course)

You miss understood my avatar comment. I was saying its a real nice pic, but the quality is poor b/c you had resize it. i was offering to make it clearer if you gave me a full sized pic. just trying to be friendly.

i agree we have opinions which most of this is. that was most of my point to that other guy hahah. glad we can agree on that.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My best friend has a 1999 golf, i have a 2005 WRX. Neither interior is better then the other. I can't see how someone can argue that a VW interior is better then the WRX interior, sure the R32's is nicer, but baseline 2.5RS which has the same interior as the wrx is equally as nice as my friends 1999 golf. If anything its an opinion since both interiors are nothing fantastic. I think the WRX interior looks nicer. I think the seats are much more comfortable in the wrx, i think the VW interior is a little tighter as far as fitment and the stereo is def better, but overall each interior has its pluses and minuses and when you add them all up they are basically equal. My friend got his GTI in 1999, he is my best friend so i have been in the car hundreds of times, trust me on this, the interior in his car is by no means better nor worse then my 2005 wrx.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 07-22-2005 at 05:58 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    So much to respond too...

well i think the G35's interior is pretty nice, as is the 350z's, though i felt like the G's dash was too close to the driver. felt too cramped even tho the rest of the car felt roomy.

Your saying the R32 is faster when there have been plenty of examples of stock wrx's beating them. At this point i would say its a drivers race. their 0-60's are nearly identical, and 1/4mi are around the same as well. the VR6 traps higher. The WRX is much more mod friendly and is a lot less expensive to mod. i recall the $23,000 tubo kit for the R32.

i wasnt comparing the VW interior to say MB, but im just saying that if you want to talk about interiors you might as well talk about the REALLY amazing ones. the VW has a nice interior, but its not that amazing. not that the wrx has an amazing interior either.

The Legacy 2.5GT and Forester 2.5XT are faster than the R32 since they run high 13's - very low 14's stock. The times you are talking about are rare. most R32's arent pulling those numbers.

I love Audi b/c of their heritage w/ Quattro, motorsports, their styling, etc. My family has owned many Audi's (5000, 80, A6, etc). We also have had a Rabbit and a Scirocco. I used to want a 99.5 Jetta when they first came out. so i do like them, but i just never saw the interior as being this godly thing.

Passat R?

Sorry your WRX had so many problems. but i think the average VW owner spends more time at the shop than the avg Subaru owner. (stock of course)

You miss understood my avatar comment. I was saying its a real nice pic, but the quality is poor b/c you had resize it. i was offering to make it clearer if you gave me a full sized pic. just trying to be friendly.

i agree we have opinions which most of this is. that was most of my point to that other guy hahah. glad we can agree on that.

i like the interior of the g35 and 350z, but when u actually sit in them, you feel different about them. I think both cars feel a bit more plastic-y than VW, at least those models. I think g35 tried fixing up their interiors in the 05s but not completely sure.

A stock WRX supposedly runs a 14.1 in the track. It too is AS fast as a legacy GT which also runs around those times. You have to understand, not MANY drivers have hit 13's in the legacy GT stock, and the same goes for the R32, but it has happened. The Forester XT has hit 13.9 on a mag time, but it pretty much falls flat on its face after 100mph due to its drag. Cool car though. R32=LEGACY GT=FORESTER XT I have seen MANY drivers hit 14.0's in the R32, some hit 13.90's and other cant get anything lower than a 14.5! I have seen the same in GT drivers, and ESPECIALLY the same in stock wrx times. Many wrx's never see a 14.1 stock, but closer to 14.3-14.5 at best.

Yes the 23000 turbo kit puts the car to 3 second 0-60mph and quarter mile traps of 10-11's with top speed of 208+mph. Its not a bad kit. But, if u cant afford it there are new kits out there. 5k for stage 1 VF supercharger that runs high 12's @ 108+mph traps. There is a new EIP Turbo kit for $6500, HPA is coming out with one at about the same price too. Neuspeed has haldex Chips which changed the car to RWD bias instead of FWD biased AWD system. GIAC, REVO, etc. have engine management and CAI systems that just the two together have netted times of 13.2-13.5 @ 101-103mph traps. Yes, the r32 isn't turbo like the wrx and legacy gt, and doesnt have the great potential that turbos do, but for under 600 dollars (550 for chip/intake), you can get the r32 effectively into the low to mid 13's at a decent trap speed.

Oh, i love MB interior's. Especially in the SL500, only if it was stick . Thats what i hate about mercedes. NICE Interiors, FAAAAAST CARS, good transmissions... but the wrong transmission.

Audi makes one of the best AWD systems in the world, it should be praised. But so does Subaru imo.

Yup, you could call it the Passat R. Hehe. Its acually a 3.2L Passat with 280hp, AWD (4motion) with xenons, LUXURY interior, new styling, etc. I would love to get one when they come out, but ill wait and see. I'm moving to Europe in a year and would rather get something that is different there so i can bring that there instead of the Passat, or maybe ill just bring the SL500.

Yeah, my wrx has MANY problems, thats why we had to replace head gaskets, turbos, blocks, etc. But at least now, its one of a kind.

I thought u were making fun of my picture/avatar. I was just messing around one day and put it up, ill change it soon to something better or something more visible.

reminds me of that line Will Ferrell said on Anchorman. Agree to Disagree ( remember when he tried telling the girl that San Diego really meant a Whales ******). But yeah, i agree, its just opinions.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    My best friend has a 1999 golf, i have a 2005 WRX. Neither interior is better then the other. I can't see how someone can argue that a VW interior is better then the WRX interior, sure the R32's is nicer, but baseline 2.5RS which has the same interior as the wrx is equally as nice as my friends 1999 golf. If anything its an opinion since both interiors are nothing fantastic. I think the WRX interior looks nicer. I think the seats are much more comfortable in the wrx, i think the VW interior is a little tighter as far as fitment and the stereo is def better, but overall each interior has its pluses and minuses and when you add them all up they are basically equal. My friend got his GTI in 1999, he is my best friend so i have been in the car hundreds of times, trust me on this, the interior in his car is by no means better nor worse then my 2005 wrx.
    ur maybe right, seeing that u have the new saab look interior, correct. Compare the newer golfs/jettas/passats interiors to the 2005 WRX. I think things change now seeing that both interiors have been updated. My interior is prior to the change/update, but it has climatronic and all the goodies which make the interior look amazing. Especially with the leather koenig seats, and the brushed aluminum trims.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

I have a question for the R32 guys...I was noticing the price tag for some of the turbo and other major upgrades that were posted earlier in the thread;

Now my question is..why not just get a new Engine/Tranny for 20k dollars? Not only could you probably go faster with a different engine swap..it would cost less? Like wouldn't a 1.8t cost a lot less and with a turbo upgrade and go faster for about 1/2 the price? I know it might be hard with the AWD drivetrain, but you can change that as well for less than 20k!

A CSB or a 5.0 might also be kinda fun

As for interior, IMHO unless I have a spike up my ass, I don't really care about how good an interior is, but that is just me.
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    Yeah, my wrx has MANY problems, thats why we had to replace head gaskets, turbos, blocks, etc. But at least now, its one of a kind.

I thought u were making fun of my picture/avatar. I was just messing around one day and put it up, ill change it soon to something better or something more visible.

reminds me of that line Will Ferrell said on Anchorman. Agree to Disagree ( remember when he tried telling the girl that San Diego really meant a Whales ******). But yeah, i agree, its just opinions.
    Yea, i just wanted to help make your avatar look better b/c it is a cool pic.

i agree to disagree. but i dont think we disagree on too much. i like the R32 and VW, i just think the interiors are where they should be, but nothing extraordinary.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    I have a question for the R32 guys...I was noticing the price tag for some of the turbo and other major upgrades that were posted earlier in the thread;

Now my question is..why not just get a new Engine/Tranny for 20k dollars? Not only could you probably go faster with a different engine swap..it would cost less? Like wouldn't a 1.8t cost a lot less and with a turbo upgrade and go faster for about 1/2 the price? I know it might be hard with the AWD drivetrain, but you can change that as well for less than 20k!

A CSB or a 5.0 might also be kinda fun

As for interior, IMHO unless I have a spike up my ass, I don't really care about how good an interior is, but that is just me.
    1.8t with 300whp = $5000

3.2t with 350whp = $7000

2.8vr6t with 350whp = $5000

maybe im just ignorant but ive noticed that almost all german cars have nice interiors regardless. then again, just about any well put together leather interior from a japanese or german car maker is pretty nice compared to their american/korean counterparts. i think we can all agree on this. arguing that the r32 has a nicer interior than the leather wrx is a moot point. it flat out does. and thats because vw sacrificed a little performance in the car for some bling, namely the interior and the soft ride and the 18s. thats the german formula. the japanese formula is, make a seat that holds the driver, make the interior nice but more driver attention oriented(i.e. gauges and functionality) and make the car a beast on the road and make it reliable yet still very very affordable. i think both the japanese and germans have succeeded in that. think about this, the only car that can run with an sti thats german is a minimum of 50k(m3). after that you're talking 60k plus for something remotely close, i.e. S4, C55 AMG, etc. then you've got the porsche offerings starting around 70k that run somewhat close to what a stock sti runs 1/4 mile wise. fact of the matter is, being subaru guys, we dont buy our cars for luxury since luxury cars depreciate very fast, we buy our cars to customize them to what we want and to make them Uberfast for Ubercheap. it takes a 30k dollar R32 + 25 grand in mods to run high 10s/low 11s in an R32, i guarantee it wouldnt take 25 grand worth of mods to make an STi or an EVO run high 10s/low 11s. :-D
    2002 WR Blue Wagon 6MT with 427ci Lingenfelter Performance Enterprise V8 - BorgWarner T56 Transmission - Tilton carbon clutch - converted to RWD - 28" MT ET Drag slicks - Hooker Performance headers - Paxton Novi2000 Blower at 12psi - Magnaflow twin dump exhaust - 6" cowl hood - 4.10 gears w/Currie narrowed 9" Rear diff housing - 10point roll cage - Lexan windows - 200 Wet shot Fogger Nitrous System

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWagon
    2002 WR Blue Wagon 6MT with 427ci Lingenfelter Performance Enterprise V8 - BorgWarner T56 Transmission - Tilton carbon clutch - converted to RWD - 28" MT ET Drag slicks - Hooker Performance headers - Paxton Novi2000 Blower at 12psi - Magnaflow twin dump exhaust - 6" cowl hood - 4.10 gears w/Currie narrowed 9" Rear diff housing - 10point roll cage - Lexan windows - 200 Wet shot Fogger Nitrous System

WTF is with all the american parts on the subie?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    WTF is with all the american parts on the subie?
    id like to know too!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

lol, about my sig? ohhh yeah that .........its uhhhhh..........custom.............yeah custom..............and its uhhhhhhhhhh...........its a show/drag car............yeah like the HKS 180SX...........yeah like that! yeah, its custom.............::shifty eyes::

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWagon
    lol, about my sig? ohhh yeah that .........its uhhhhh..........custom.............yeah custom..............and its uhhhhhhhhhh...........its a show/drag car............yeah like the HKS 180SX...........yeah like that! yeah, its custom.............::shifty eyes::
    is it just a joke or something??? i guess you're just making fun of the mucle car guys, right???

lol yeah its a joke(of course!!), its not to make fun of the muscle car guys since i like muscle cars too, its just cause i wanted to see what kind of reaction i'd get when people read that. plus its kinda fun imagining a ProStreet V8 subaru wagon isnt it??

I'm not going to read the last 7 pages of posts and I'm sure it's been said before, but the R32 has the BEST stock exhaust note of any car I've heard. They handle really well, too; I've run with one on some very twisty mountain curves and it ate the road up.

i think we can all agree that what sums up the R32 is........its a poor man's M3. right?