WRX vs. VW R32 - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 150

This is a discussion on WRX vs. VW R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I challenge you to prove to that VW uses better material then all of its competitors. Its just plain black ...

  1. #106
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    I challenge you to prove to that VW uses better material then all of its competitors. Its just plain black plastic. very boring. and whoever though that a black dash and beige interior was a good idea was on crack.

    The 2005 interior is designed by Saab. Which makes cars that are much more expensive and more luxurious than VW (save the A8 bastard the Phaeton)

    im not saying the interior isnt really nice, and made well. im just saying its not as amazing as people make it out to be.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #107
    Registered User hksimprezawrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cali
    Posts
    883
    there is a guy around my town who keeps talking **** about how he is gonna smoke me when he gets his tranny fixed....... he has a wolfenberg addition jetta
    whats a signature?

  4. #108
    Registered User wrxaddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    there is a guy around my town who keeps talking **** about how he is gonna smoke me when he gets his tranny fixed....... he has a wolfenberg addition jetta
    lol... the 2.0 ????

    thats gonna be funny.

  5. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    I challenge you to prove to that VW uses better material then all of its competitors. Its just plain black plastic. very boring. and whoever though that a black dash and beige interior was a good idea was on crack.

    The 2005 interior is designed by Saab. Which makes cars that are much more expensive and more luxurious than VW (save the A8 bastard the Phaeton)

    im not saying the interior isnt really nice, and made well. im just saying its not as amazing as people make it out to be.
    Saab isn't exactly reknowned for their posh interiors......

    And if they designed the 2005's interior, they must've designed them dating all the way back to 2002 as well, because the interiors from 2002-2005 aren't much different from each other, save for moving cup holders and a few other little odds and ends.

    Regardless, VW interiors are still a better quality interior than what you would find in a Subaru. It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

  6. #110
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    there is a guy around my town who keeps talking **** about how he is gonna smoke me when he gets his tranny fixed....... he has a wolfenberg addition jetta
    I wanna be there for that! watch out for 180hp of fury.

    PS: To the guy that mentioned the 2.0L..... The Wolfsberg Edition Jetta has a 1.8T. I believe it's rated at 180hp starting in 2002. Prior to 2002, the Wolfsbergs were rated at 150hp.

    Good luck, man. You're going to need it!

  7. #111
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
    Saab isn't exactly reknowned for their posh interiors......

    And if they designed the 2005's interior, they must've designed them dating all the way back to 2002 as well, because the interiors from 2002-2005 aren't much different from each other, save for moving cup holders and a few other little odds and ends.

    Regardless, VW interiors are still a better quality interior than what you would find in a Subaru. It's not an opinion. It's a fact.
    Umm, maybe you havent seen a 2005 WRX but the interior is a lot different.

    And id take a Legacy interior over any VW interior anyday. the only VW with an amazing interior is the Phaeton. the rest are pretty boring, and made from the same cheap plastic as all low end cars. just get off your high horse.

    R32...


    WRX...


    Legacy...


    oh yea, the R32 is so much better! NOT. whats it got? fake aluminum? wow, thats LUXURY.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 07-21-2005 at 03:16 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  8. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Umm, maybe you havent seen a 2005 WRX but the interior is a lot different.

    And id take a Legacy interior over any VW interior anyday. the only VW with an amazing interior is the Phaeton. the rest are pretty boring, and made from the same cheap plastic as all low end cars. just get off your high horse.
    You're simply wrong, period. There doesn't need to be a high horse involved. Obviously you don't know VWs very well. Their interiors are simply the best in the business. Deal with it. There's not much cheap plastic in VW interiors; not even in the low-end models. Regardless of how boring you think an interior is, it doesn't mean it's cheap. Lexus has the drabbest interiors on the market, and they're very high quality. Get over yourself already.

    This meeting's adjourned.

  9. #113
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
    You're simply wrong, period. There doesn't need to be a high horse involved. Obviously you don't know VWs very well. Their interiors are simply the best in the business. Deal with it.
    And when was that award given? I'd like to see it.

    I think you need to realise that this is all opinion, even your side. Maybe you need a reality check. they are both cheap plastic interiors. calling a VW interior the best in the business, even if you just mean the sub $30,000 business, is still pushing it.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  10. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
    Well, then they must've changed quite a bit since last year, because they were the WORST.


    But EIP has been around forever and has been building their own turbo kits for n/a cars for just as long. They even worked on cars for the guys at NGP before they were NGP....

  11. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    I know what vw's have that subaru don't....recaros

  12. #116
    Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    I know what vw's have that subaru don't....recaros
    Leather ones, soooo nice. My buddy just bought an r32.
    I really like the R32 interior, and that pic below isnt the one with the Navi, which is sweet.
    Uncle Lewie
    Last edited by uncle lewie wrx; 07-21-2005 at 04:20 PM.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

  13. #117
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    The interior of the R32 is light ages ahead of MANY CAR INTERIORS... and the R32 interior isnt that much different than the other vw models. FYI! SAAB interior isnt that great. In the end, id take a vw over a saab. Outside of performance, subaru's cannot touch vw's techonology, ergonomics, comfort, etc. The pictures above point out that the vw's interior are better. I really thought the legacys new interior was nice, till i actually drove one. HOLY ****, it sucks compared to vw. Sure, for a subaru its good, but its not comparable. Im sorry. The interior of the legacy reminded me of my first expectation of the g35 interior, until i sat in one and found everything to be plastic-y, even the buttons felt cheap.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  14. #118
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    The interior of the R32 is light ages ahead of MANY CAR INTERIORS... and the R32 interior isnt that much different than the other vw models. FYI! SAAB interior isnt that great. In the end, id take a vw over a saab. Outside of performance, subaru's cannot touch vw's techonology, ergonomics, comfort, etc. The pictures above point out that the vw's interior are better. I really thought the legacys new interior was nice, till i actually drove one. HOLY ****, it sucks compared to vw. Sure, for a subaru its good, but its not comparable. Im sorry. The interior of the legacy reminded me of my first expectation of the g35 interior, until i sat in one and found everything to be plastic-y, even the buttons felt cheap.
    Yea, cus its the same cheap interior found in the Jetta GL. just w/ a fake aluminum face to the center dash.

    Technology, ergonomics, and electrical gremlins. boy i love having a car live in the shop while its stock.

    Yea the Legacy is only faster then the R32, and has an equally nice interior, but you know we cant see passed our own noses.

    Now VW has a better interior than Infiniti...wow.

    im not saying i dont like the R32 or VW (personally i love Audi), but i just hate it when people get so cocky over there interior when it really isnt THAT amazing. Yes its nice, and yea its better than say a civic or some really low end cars, but if we want to interior race then talk about real luxur like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Rolls, Lambo, etc. I had an Acura RSX and people say it had a really nice interior, personally i didnt think it was that great.

    oh and eli- your avatar bothers me, if you send me some pics ill make one that one distort and pixelate.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 07-21-2005 at 08:00 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  15. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Yea, cus its the same cheap interior found in the Jetta GL. just w/ a fake aluminum face to the center dash.

    Technology, ergonomics, and electrical gremlins. boy i love having a car live in the shop while its stock.

    Yea the Legacy is only faster then the R32, and has an equally nice interior, but you know we cant see passed our own noses.

    Now VW has a better interior than Infiniti...wow.

    im not saying i dont like the R32 or VW (personally i love Audi), but i just hate it when people get so cocky over there interior when it really isnt THAT amazing. Yes its nice, and yea its better than say a civic or some really low end cars, but if we want to interior race then talk about real luxur like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Rolls, Lambo, etc. I had an Acura RSX and people say it had a really nice interior, personally i didnt think it was that great.

    oh and eli- your avatar bothers me, if you send me some pics ill make one that one distort and pixelate.
    See, i did not say infiniti in general, i said the g35. I have not been in an 05 version, but the 04 and under were crap. The interior felt as plastic-y as a hyundai tiburon. I doubt the r32 can compare to an m45, and thats an infinity. other infinities like that should compete with the phaeton.

    I don't know what bothers you more, that the r32 has a better interior than the wrx, or the face that the r32 is faster than the wrx? Sure if both launch the wrx will stick with the r32 for a while, but do it from a 5mph roll?

    As you can see from my signature, i have most of the cars you mentioned earlier. Yes, they are luxurious, and vw probably can't beat their luxury, but you are comparing cars that are going for 40+. Few cars can be bought in the 20's and have the same 'luxury' feel as the Volkswagen. I have a 2002 WRX with a 2.5L block, and as much fun as the car is, i hate driving it every day. Im happy u like ur wrx, i was the same way when i got my wrx 4 years ago. I am not trying to make the r32 seem to be the best car in the world, its not. Thats why im looking to get an e46 m3 soon, cuz im bored of it. Just like the wrx is a great all around car, the r32 is the same, with some luxury, leather, better handling, better stock power, etc. Again, you probably will argue this because what do i know, and the fact that i have a wrx and an r32 should prove you that i am not biased on the r32 because i like it better. My 2.5L wrx is faster than my r32, but i still chose to drive the r32 more.

    the legacy is faster than the r32? I would have accepted equal, but ur making it seem like the legacy is faster than the r32, which it is not. Most times are about the same as the r32 (actually, i have seen faster r32 times than legacy, but i havent been on the legacy boards too much). I would expect the r32 to pull on the legacy after 100mph or so, but i could be wrong.

    how come u love audi's but not vw's? The VW's for the most part, exept S version Audi's, are faster than the equivalence audi car. They both have electrical problems and visit the service department regularly, only difference is the name and audi is a tad bit more luxurious.

    If u wanna talk about real luxur talk about mercedes, lexus. Not BMW. BMW interiors for the most part arent made LUXURIOUS, but more sportiness and easy to use. The interior build quaility feels just like a VW. Of course, i wouldn't know, i only drive a 530i. It isnt until this year that BMW stepped up many of its cars into a more luxurious path comparable to mercedes and audi. Lambo's are luxurious? Last time i saw, they are very plain sporty interiors. Maybe we have different criteria of luxury and sportiness and cheap.

    The jetta GL has a similar interior to an R32, only that the R32 comes with CD standard, Climatronic Standard, Leather bucket seats, and brushed aluminum trim. The new Jettas have very nice interiors. Those jettas have been around since late 90's with that interior, and it still is considered one of the better interiors brought out by car companies.

    I don't think you should compare the legacy gt to the r32, but more to the new look passat with v6 280hp awd thats coming out. That should be a fun race.

    I had my subaru wrx in the shop more times than ive had my r32. I had electrical problems with the wrx, i had to replace the whole electrical wiring in the car because it fried or something along that nature. I had wierd things like my windows not working, my rear trunk key hole falling off, unexplained dents and uneven body shapes, transmission problems, unexplained dying of car, the list is endless. Many cars have problems, it sucks that you guys generalize so quickly. If VW was SOOOOOOOOOOO bad, then why is it still in business?

    How come my avatar bothers u? You don't like the look of the headlights and the light design? Does it intimidate you or something?

    anyways, as i said, i love the wrx, i own one thats probably faster than your stage 2 and have been a fan of the wrx ever since i saw my first one in greece over 10 years ago. The same with the evo. I also own the r32 and a bmw and a mercedes, and well u understand. I am not pulling things out of my ass. I am writing what i feel is true to my perspective, my first hand persepective. But don't take all this too serious, at the end, its still just my opinion, and you will have your own opinion.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  16. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    i for one like the interior >>>>>
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •