WRX vs. VW R32 - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. VW R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXpower17 Why so much hate on the R32? No hate for the car. It's a nice car. ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpower17
    Why so much hate on the R32?
    No hate for the car. It's a nice car. It's just an overpriced underachiever.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think its overpriced at all. Just because it isnt as fast as a Sti doesnt make it slow. Maybe when you drive one you'll see what I mean
    Everything happens for a reason

Its not overpriced at all. It runs faster than a stock wrx and a bit slower than an sti. Its ergonomics and luxury stands ahead of both cars.

About the 13.90's, it is true. Remember, there are only 5000 of them in the country. Half of them arent even driven by real enthusiasts or those that go to the track. So there is a limited number of r32's actually racing at the track. The best is a 13.89 with a valve open in the exhaust. Its an easy free mod, that allows more air flow at under 3500rpms through the exhaust, plus makes the exhaust sound even better. The best mag time is 14.1 @ 99.2mph... so that easily shows that it will beat a wrx. WRX's usually run around 94mph traps, while the r32 runs around 99mph.

The best modifications for the r32 for cheap is a chip and intake. There have been drivers with chip/intake/xhaust mod running 13.2-13.5 @ 99-102mph. You can check it on vwvortex, they have their track slips on somewhere. There is also some guy with a chip and short shifter that ran a 13.7 with a video somewhere online at vwvortex.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

and a stage one turbo from eip tuning nets you about 350whp.

look at the first page of this thread, i said i was going to get an R32
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpower17
    I dont think its overpriced at all. Just because it isnt as fast as a Sti doesnt make it slow. Maybe when you drive one you'll see what I mean
    I have driven one, and if I were Shania Twain, I'd tell you "It don't impress me much."

I have a 1994 Camaro that ran 13.90s bone stock, and no way in Hell would an R32 touch it; at least not the R32 that I drove.

As for the guy that mentioned getting an EIP Stage 1 turbo kit will boost you to about 350whp in the R32: I don't know how familiar you are with EIP's work, but not only will you get a boost to 350whp, but you'll get a few boosts from tow trucks also. EIP's work is among the shoddiest in the business. All you have to do is ask people how happy they were with EIP's work on their car, and about 85% won't have anything but bad things to say about them. Their kits may be alright, but don't let them touch your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
    I have driven one, and if I were Shania Twain, I'd tell you "It don't impress me much."

I have a 1994 Camaro that ran 13.90s bone stock, and no way in Hell would an R32 touch it; at least not the R32 that I drove.

As for the guy that mentioned getting an EIP Stage 1 turbo kit will boost you to about 350whp in the R32: I don't know how familiar you are with EIP's work, but not only will you get a boost to 350whp, but you'll get a few boosts from tow trucks also. EIP's work is among the shoddiest in the business. All you have to do is ask people how happy they were with EIP's work on their car, and about 85% won't have anything but bad things to say about them. Their kits may be alright, but don't let them touch your car.

I said it and They've done engine work to my 1.8t. I've had no problems for over 10k miles. They are actually really good and considered one of the better tuners out there for turbo charging n/a vw motors. I mean, if they had that bad of a reputation and 85% of the people out there only say bad things about them, they wouldn't be booked solid for several months straight.

And people probably wouldn't go to them either...

have you ever had a vw? Have you ever had eip do work to it? Have you ever seen 85% of the people out there with eip sutff done to their car have cars that "end up on the side of the road?"

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    I said it and They've done engine work to my 1.8t. I've had no problems for over 10k miles. They are actually really good and considered one of the better tuners out there for turbo charging n/a vw motors. I mean, if they had that bad of a reputation and 85% of the people out there only say bad things about them, they wouldn't be booked solid for several months straight.

And people probably wouldn't go to them either...

have you ever had a vw? Have you ever had eip do work to it? Have you ever seen 85% of the people out there with eip sutff done to their car have cars that "end up on the side of the road?"
    Yep, I sure did own a VW. I owned a 2002 1.8T GTI. That's great that they've done work to your 1.8T and you haven't had any problems. Consider yourself lucky; very lucky.

They suck. Period. Just because EuroTuner is on their nuts doesn't mean they're good. Their customer service is amongst the worst I've EVER delt with. When I was considering getting some serious work done to my 1.8T I went in to talk to someone, and right in the middle of the conversation, the dude just turned around and walked away. No "excuse me," no, "I'll be right back," no NOTHING. The dude just turned around and walked away.

I know of 4 people that have had work done by EIP, and they're hackjobs. Not to mention, you drop your car off for work there and they tell you it'll be done in 3 days, and 3 months later it's still sitting in their parking lot with the hood on the roof.

Who considers them "one of the better tuners?" Just because they've belched out a few company project cars that put down 500whp doesn't make them a good tuner. Any monkey can get 500whp out of a car. It's making that 500whp and maintaining some type of reliability that makes a good tuner. Dude, all you have to do is a Google Search about EIP and you'll see more complaints than compliments. It's a mystery how they stay in business.

If you want to spend premium cash for poor service and suspect workmanship, be my guest. More power to ya, but don't come in here crying about it when your EIP-tuned hot rod breaks down, and then you don't get your car back from them for 6 months.

Dude, I'm not being a smartass and being confrontational. I'm simply telling you to watch yourself. Check sites like www.vwvortex.com or www.clubdub.org, and then tell me how many people on those sites alone have been burned by your boys at EIP.

$29,000 for a GTi VR6 4Motion. That is overpriced. Even if it is 2/10ths of a second faster (which is a rarety we are seeing), it is still $6,000 more than a compariable WRX. You might as well spend a few more and get an Evo/STi. The interior isnt that nice in Vdubs. its not an audi, its a economy car.

I love the exhaust on the R32, but its not at a good price point. the R36 looks pretty sweet tho. too bad id never buy a VW. my friends had his 2004 Jetta GLI for like 10,000mi and he jsut lost his clutch. and he doesnt even launch the car.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    $29,000 for a GTi VR6 4Motion. That is overpriced. Even if it is 2/10ths of a second faster (which is a rarety we are seeing), it is still $6,000 more than a compariable WRX. You might as well spend a few more and get an Evo/STi. The interior isnt that nice in Vdubs. its not an audi, its a economy car.

I love the exhaust on the R32, but its not at a good price point. the R36 looks pretty sweet tho. too bad id never buy a VW. my friends had his 2004 Jetta GLI for like 10,000mi and he jsut lost his clutch. and he doesnt even launch the car.
    I'll have to beg to differ. The interior in VWs is just about on par with Audi. The VWs have the best interior quality in their classes. They use good materials, and the parts fit together flush. It can be an economy car. Don't forget that your WRX is too.
    Last edited by Sinister Subaru; 07-21-2005 at 12:13 PM.

Yep, I sure did own a VW. I owned a 2002 1.8T GTI. That's great that they've done work to your 1.8T and you haven't had any problems. Consider yourself lucky; very lucky.

They suck. Period. Just because EuroTuner is on their nuts doesn't mean they're good. Their customer service is amongst the worst I've EVER delt with. When I was considering getting some serious work done to my 1.8T I went in to talk to someone, and right in the middle of the conversation, the dude just turned around and walked away. No "excuse me," no, "I'll be right back," no NOTHING. The dude just turned around and walked away.

I know of 4 people that have had work done by EIP, and they're hackjobs. Not to mention, you drop your car off for work there and they tell you it'll be done in 3 days, and 3 months later it's still sitting in their parking lot with the hood on the roof.

Who considers them "one of the better tuners?" Just because they've belched out a few company project cars that put down 500whp doesn't make them a good tuner. Any monkey can get 500whp out of a car. It's making that 500whp and maintaining some type of reliability that makes a good tuner. Dude, all you have to do is a Google Search about EIP and you'll see more complaints than compliments. It's a mystery how they stay in business.

If you want to spend premium cash for poor service and suspect workmanship, be my guest. More power to ya, but don't come in here crying about it when your EIP-tuned hot rod breaks down, and then you don't get your car back from them for 6 months.

Dude, I'm not being a smartass and being confrontational. I'm simply telling you to watch yourself. Check sites like www.vwvortex.com or www.clubdub.org, and then tell me how many people on those sites alone have been burned by your boys at EIP.

All of my friends that have gone to EIP are satisfied with their work and everything and none of their cars have had any problems at all.

And premium cash for poor service and workmanship? I paid $1290 for a chip, intake, 3" cat back, and short throw shifter installed. I checked with NGP and their price for that without installation would have been around $1500, and a lot of people say NGP is a good shop. The reason I went with EIP instead? The customer service. I talked to one of the NGP guys on the phone asking about some prices and he blew me off, but the guys at EIP would call me back and give me several different price sets that I asked for.

I also told them I had to have the car done in a day and I got it back the same day. Everything was done right and looked good, so I've had no problems with them and none of my friends have had anything to complain about either...

And when I ask just about any VW person "which company is the best to go to when trubo charging an n/a vw", most of them say EIP. Which is why I said EIP is one of the better tuners for tubroing n/a vw's.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    All of my friends that have gone to EIP are satisfied with their work and everything and none of their cars have had any problems at all.

And premium cash for poor service and workmanship? I paid $1290 for a chip, intake, 3" cat back, and short throw shifter installed. I checked with NGP and their price for that without installation would have been around $1500, and a lot of people say NGP is a good shop. The reason I went with EIP instead? The customer service. I talked to one of the NGP guys on the phone asking about some prices and he blew me off, but the guys at EIP would call me back and give me several different price sets that I asked for.

I also told them I had to have the car done in a day and I got it back the same day. Everything was done right and looked good, so I've had no problems with them and none of my friends have had anything to complain about either...

And when I ask just about any VW person "which company is the best to go to when trubo charging an n/a vw", most of them say EIP. Which is why I said EIP is one of the better tuners for tubroing n/a vw's.
    Well, then they must've changed quite a bit since last year, because they were the WORST.

But, whatever. Since you got your car back in a day and they gave you great customer service, I guess that makes me a liar.

The "VW people" I know recommend NGP above all. However, they were expensive. You get what you pay for. I've never heard anyone complain about NGP's work. EVER.

I'll have to beg to differ. The interior in VWs is just about on par with Audi. The VWs have the best interior quality in their classes. They use good materials, and the parts fit together flush. It can be an economy car. Don't forget that your WRX is too.
    Jetta interior is in no way superior to that of the 2005 WRX. Audi interiors are a lot different, and use much better materials, including wood grain and polished aluminum accents. Ive driven in plenty of Jetta's, and they are nothing to be impressed by. I didnt say the WRX has a better interior, but its a little rediculous to say that VW's have this amazing interior when theres is just as cheap as the rest.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

we have alot of those running around here. they are no challenge to me

i saw them on speedTV one morning also, nothing impressive

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Jetta interior is in no way superior to that of the 2005 WRX. Audi interiors are a lot different, and use much better materials, including wood grain and polished aluminum accents. Ive driven in plenty of Jetta's, and they are nothing to be impressed by. I didnt say the WRX has a better interior, but its a little rediculous to say that VW's have this amazing interior when theres is just as cheap as the rest.
    Whatever you say, man. I owned a 2002 GTI. It had the same interior as the Jetta. The VW interior is superior to the Subaru interior in every single way. Just because it's not as flashy doesn't mean it isn't a better quality.

I challenge you to find another car in VW's class that has a higher quality interior.