WRX vs. VW R32 - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. VW R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; blah, 273 whp for 5 large is kinda steep. ive spent 800 so far. Cobb AP, bosal DP, OEM gutted ...

blah, 273 whp for 5 large is kinda steep. ive spent 800 so far. Cobb AP, bosal DP, OEM gutted UP.
    Then again
    Another grand gives me a VF34 and pink squirters.
    VF34 map is free, and my RA gears should be equally sweetfor 2 g installed.

I think ill enjoy that setup for a while... 3800 invested for low 13's. Not to mention reliable
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Even though i did , you cant compare cars with how much hp for the cheapest. I mean an LS1 you can pick up 40-60 whp form just Exhaust, cold air, headers for just under 2k. Every car is different. Also for example you can chip and audi 2.7t for 600$ and go from 250 to 315 thats also comes cheap. Every car is different and specially if you have a turbo charged car like audis and the wrx you can just chip it for easy hp.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

[i] i think I'd rather have a G35, or 300C, meaning real luxury.

PS, both not only look better, but will outrun the R32 on the freeway. [/B]
    Too close to call on the freeway. R32's don't have the AWD loss on the freeway plus have great gearing.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by eluminx
    Too close to call on the freeway. R32's don't have the AWD loss on the freeway plus have great gearing.
    what do you mean AWD loss??? The R32 is AWD - ALL THE TIME. It doesn't magically loose it's AWD and become RWD or FWD at freeway speeds. It's a porky car. No matter how fast you're going, you still have extra weight. I'm not ragging on you or anything, so don't take this the wrong way, but can anyone give me a good reason why I should buy an R32??

1. It's not fast or handles as well as compared to other cars in the price range, STi, EVO8, C5

2. It's not as luxurious as say a G35, 300C, C230 sport edition etc ...

So why am I supposed to gladly lay down over 30K??? I mean if VW were the only manufacturer, I would understand, or if the R32 was closer to 25K, but as is, it's too fat, overpriced and honestly, not very good looking .... when compared to other vehicles in that price range.

I'm open to suggestions.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    the G35 will for sure outrun a R32. My Cousin has the G35 Coupe, I've got a stage 3. up/downpipe, exhaust, intake and Ecutek, and he'll keep up at anything over 75 mph.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

you dont have stage III if you dont have a turbo
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by ej20fan
    what do you mean AWD loss??? The R32 is AWD - ALL THE TIME. It doesn't magically loose it's AWD and become RWD or FWD at freeway speeds.

I thought that it does magically loose it's AWD and becomd FWD when it's not loosing traction. Much like Skylines, it's not AWD unless it detects wheelspin, then uses electronically controlled differentials to split the power to the wheels. Except that Skylines start out RWD and send power forward during slippage, and the R32 starts out FWD and sends power rearward during slippage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that's how they're setup. Also, I believe that automatic Outback Sports come with "Active" AWD, which does the same thing as these two cars. Again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but not all AWD cars have continous AWD. That's why in some of the ad's, they say "continuous" or "always on". That's the type of AWD that doesn't magically disappear on the freeway.
    -ORW

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'll get under there this weekend and see if I can loosen things up and maybe shoot some lube juice up in there.

Oh sht, please don't sig that.

what do you mean AWD loss??? The R32 is AWD - ALL THE TIME. It doesn't magically loose it's AWD and become RWD or FWD at freeway speeds. It's a porky car. No matter how fast you're going, you still have extra weight. I'm not ragging on you or anything, so don't take this the wrong way, but can anyone give me a good reason why I should buy an R32??

1. It's not fast or handles as well as compared to other cars in the price range, STi, EVO8, C5

So why am I supposed to gladly lay down over 30K??? I mean if VW were the only manufacturer, I would understand, or if the R32 was closer to 25K, but as is, it's too fat, overpriced and honestly, not very good looking .... when compared to other vehicles in that price range.

I'm open to suggestions.
    Wow, ok, someone really doesnt know anything about the specified awd system found in the r32 and tt 3.2dsg, and many other audi cars. Its the haldex system, which pretty much is fwd until it losses traction and that transfers power to the rear too. When there is no traction loss, it acts as fwd. For this reason, the power loss from a roll, because of this system is very minimal, when compared the the wrx, sti, and evo. another thing, from a roll, porkiness doesnt really play as much of a role as air resistance and hp.

The r32 is a great handler. Not the best, but it handles very well. Its about where the sti is, if not better. I know the evo is one of the better handlers, so i wont compare it. I'm not really knowledgable in the c5's area, so i couldnt tell u how it handles agianst it.

I, personally, think that the r32 is more luxurious then the g35, 350z, s2000, wrx, evo, sti, or c230(base). I dont know how luxurious the sport edition of the c230 is, maybe because its more sportier it is also more luxurious, defeats the purpose, but i wouldnt know.

The r32 has many luxurious 'aspects'. heated leather SPORT seats, trip computer, climate control, everything is button oriented(not knobs like wrx, sti, etc), rain sensor. Trust me, the r32 is compared to the luxury gti vr6, and then more. I have been in the g35, exteriorly looks great, interiorly, even though its an infinity, is extremely cheap looking. couldnt believe it.

Ok, so, lets compare the g35 to the r32. Both are coupes, more space in g35, r32 is awd compared to rwd g35, r32 becomes fwd at roll when no traction loss, g35 has xenon, r32 gets body kit stock, 17 inch rims for g35 stock(automatic), 18 inch rims on r32 stock, both have dual exhaust tips, r32's exhaust sounds a million times better, both have leather and heated, r32 has konig sport seats, r32 has better suspension, heated mirrors, only 5k r32's being every brought over to states, g35's are everywhere, r32 rings in at about 30k, g35 at about 34k, both have a trip computer, good stereo system, 6speed, r32 has better gearing, there is more after market for vw's then g35. r32 wont depreciate as fast as g35 because of its limited production.

most of the luxuries that are found standard in the g35 are also in the r32.

go drive one, research a bit, then talk. I raced an AUTOMATIC g35, and it couldnt even hold ground. This was also from a roll, maybe the stick might be better from a roll, but if both are good drivers, i give my money on the r32 driver from a dead stop.
    peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

hXc
    Yeah stock they arent anything special. But a buddy of mine was/ maybe still is looking at a turbo for it, which is a crazy amount (forgot how much) but makes it a true beast, like 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    Wow, ok, someone really doesnt know anything about the specified awd system found in the r32 and tt 3.2dsg, and many other audi cars. Its the haldex system, which pretty much is fwd until it losses traction and that transfers power to the rear too. When there is no traction loss, it acts as fwd. For this reason, the power loss from a roll, because of this system is very minimal, when compared the the wrx, sti, and evo. another thing, from a roll, porkiness doesnt really play as much of a role as air resistance and hp.

The r32 is a great handler. Not the best, but it handles very well. Its about where the sti is, if not better. I know the evo is one of the better handlers, so i wont compare it. I'm not really knowledgable in the c5's area, so i couldnt tell u how it handles agianst it.

I, personally, think that the r32 is more luxurious then the g35, 350z, s2000, wrx, evo, sti, or c230(base). I dont know how luxurious the sport edition of the c230 is, maybe because its more sportier it is also more luxurious, defeats the purpose, but i wouldnt know.

The r32 has many luxurious 'aspects'. heated leather SPORT seats, trip computer, climate control, everything is button oriented(not knobs like wrx, sti, etc), rain sensor. Trust me, the r32 is compared to the luxury gti vr6, and then more. I have been in the g35, exteriorly looks great, interiorly, even though its an infinity, is extremely cheap looking. couldnt believe it.

Ok, so, lets compare the g35 to the r32. Both are coupes, more space in g35, r32 is awd compared to rwd g35, r32 becomes fwd at roll when no traction loss, g35 has xenon, r32 gets body kit stock, 17 inch rims for g35 stock(automatic), 18 inch rims on r32 stock, both have dual exhaust tips, r32's exhaust sounds a million times better, both have leather and heated, r32 has konig sport seats, r32 has better suspension, heated mirrors, only 5k r32's being every brought over to states, g35's are everywhere, r32 rings in at about 30k, g35 at about 34k, both have a trip computer, good stereo system, 6speed, r32 has better gearing, there is more after market for vw's then g35. r32 wont depreciate as fast as g35 because of its limited production.

most of the luxuries that are found standard in the g35 are also in the r32.

go drive one, research a bit, then talk. I raced an AUTOMATIC g35, and it couldnt even hold ground. This was also from a roll, maybe the stick might be better from a roll, but if both are good drivers, i give my money on the r32 driver from a dead stop.
    peter
    Very True

Originally posted by hXc
    Yeah stock they arent anything special. But a buddy of mine was/ maybe still is looking at a turbo for it, which is a crazy amount (forgot how much) but makes it a true beast, like 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.
    That sounds like the HPA R32 packages. Check out the linky!

http://www.hpamotorsport.com/r32.htm

If you've got at least 25k to drop then you've got the shizzle car. But for the money it will make your golf a ferrari killer.

Registered
    Does the R32 have forged internals?

I'm open to suggestions.
    Go sit in a R32 and you may well re-think your problem with it's level of luxury. The interior is Audi quality (not a coincidence) and you will most likely not find better seats in any car sans exotics. Likewise with the exhaust note. VW went all out on this car.

AN R32 IS NOT A LUXURY CAR, ITS JUST FURNISHED LIKE ONE. EVER SIT IN THE BACK? HAHA. THE ONLY THING LUXURIOUS IS WHEN ITS TIME TO GET OUT
    03 MBP WRX Sedan

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    EVER SIT IN THE BACK? HAHA. THE ONLY THING LUXURIOUS IS WHEN ITS TIME TO GET OUT
    Just like a WRX Sedan.....