WRX vs. VW R32 - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. VW R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; there is a supercharger kit for 00 by VF engineering that will get the car into the lower 13's, if ...

there is a supercharger kit for $4500 by VF engineering that will get the car into the lower 13's, if not high 12's. There is also a turbo kit by EIP that will get it into the low 12's, high 11's but costs almost $7000. The famous turbo kit for this car is made by HPA and costs over $20000, but brings the car way into the low 11's with a 0-60mph in the very low 3's.

ive been seeing some people with just a free mod(open exhaust valve) running 13.8-14.0! those are great numbers and i think with a few more minor mods, chip intake exhaust, the car is good for mid 13's.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here take a look at this not too many wrx s will ke up with this

http://motortrend.com/features/perfo...12_0401_tuner/
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Not bad for $20,000...

20k is just the kit..dont forget installation..that ends up costing more than ESX stage 3...you can spend less on esx stage 3 and run 9's

Registered
    Originally posted by Crucial Racing
    I don't think it would take too much tuning to make this car into a monster. Add a supercharger and you'd be ready to go. The suspension and brakeas are already excellent.
    Audirs6, good find! Notice they didn't do much with the brakes? Twin turbos are indeed expensive, but I'd put the extra cash down for that car. I think of it this way; Even with the huge increase in price over stock, if it can beat cars csoting treble the price, it's worth it.

Yah but $20,000 plus install is a little over the top. Dumping that much money into an Evo will result in a car so fast it should be illegal, same with an STI, or frankly any car you want to spend that kind of money on.

Don't get me wrong the R32 is an amazing car. But being fast, or a having a reasonable (read: not costing $$$) chance of becoming fast, IMO, is not what makes this car amazing. Rather, it is the tenacious grip of that little beast which propel it around turns at 45mph without so much as a skitter. (Yes, the sales person was impressed too! )

Just got my eurotuner mag.

and they had a tuned R32 by ABD ( an audi/VW tuner) And they dynoes at 186.2 whp for the stock R32 (dont start falmming that a wrx has the same, the R32 probably has a a better torque curve) but what they did to it was put a stage 2 which includes a supercahrger and exhaust and they dynoed at a whoopping 262 whp thats 70 over stock and its just stage 1 at 6 psi nothing big. that should be a good race with a stage 4 wrx.

It cost $4500. I dont know, But what can you do to the wrx for $4500.

and an intresting point they said that it cost $104.60 per hp and they said thats less then an sti or evo.

If stage 1 isnt enough they have stage 2 coming soon with different pulley and chip that ups to 7.5 psi
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by STiguy
    ill b getting an r32 by the end of the summer....ill try to race my brothers silver 02 wrx....and my friends 04 black wrx wagon ...videos will be up to let u know how it is......u need to drive the r32 to understand what its all about.
    yay i get to race an R32!

btw, 1200th post!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Originally posted by audirs6

and they had a tuned R32 by ABD ( an audi/VW tuner) And they dynoes at 186.2 whp for the stock R32 (dont start falmming that a wrx has the same, the R32 probably has a a better torque curve)
    May have a better torque curve but they weigh 300 lbs more (had to add it... plus they dyno at almost the same WHP)

Originally posted by audirs6

but what they did to it was put a stage 2 which includes a supercahrger and exhaust and they dynoed at a whoopping 262 whp thats 70 over stock

It cost $4500. I dont know, But what can you do to the wrx for $4500.
    TXS Stage 4 $4025 gives 273 WHP 250 WTQ (off TXS site) I've also seen bigger power numbers for about the same price, just different turbos. Oh and the R32 still weighs 300 lbs more.

Don't get me wrong the R32 is a pretty car and the interior is nice, but I just honestly think it isnt worth the $30k price tag. Maybe if it didnt look so much like a 20th Annv GTi...
    R.I.P. 04 Java Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    Wanted - 99 - 01 2.5 RS Coupe Any Color

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    20k is just the kit..dont forget installation..that ends up costing more than ESX stage 3...you can spend less on esx stage 3 and run 9's
    Which stage 3 kit allows you to run 9's???? their full 740HP barely makes 9's. I think you got some numbers mixed up. Anyway I know Ali, and his work, comparing a new WRX + full 340HP kit is still cheaper than a R32. I don't know, but comfort is never justified when you loose. If you want a comfy car, try a towncar, STS or a real luxury vehicle. 30K, i think I'd rather have a G35, or 300C, meaning real luxury.

PS, both not only look better, but will outrun the R32 on the freeway.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

Originally posted by ej20fan
    Which stage 3 kit allows you to run 9's???? their full 740HP barely makes 9's. I think you got some numbers mixed up. Anyway I know Ali, and his work, comparing a new WRX + full 340HP kit is still cheaper than a R32. I don't know, but comfort is never justified when you loose. If you want a comfy car, try a towncar, STS or a real luxury vehicle. 30K, i think I'd rather have a G35, or 300C, meaning real luxury.

PS, both not only look better, but will outrun the R32 on the freeway.
    stage 3 is 740hp
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by kosoku
    May have a better torque curve but they weigh 300 lbs more (had to add it... plus they dyno at almost the same WHP)

TXS Stage 4 $4025 gives 273 WHP 250 WTQ (off TXS site) I've also seen bigger power numbers for about the same price, just different turbos. Oh and the R32 still weighs 300 lbs more.

Don't get me wrong the R32 is a pretty car and the interior is nice, but I just honestly think it isnt worth the $30k price tag. Maybe if it didnt look so much like a 20th Annv GTi...
    Yes, but then you are higly modifing youre car. what you can do with the VW is run a S/C with a low boost of 6 psi you can still get the next stage that will probably put close to 300 to the wheels. Nothing major.

You say 30k is alot, like i mentioned before, it cose lets per hp then a sti. after adding the cost of the S/C and installation.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock

sounds like a lot better car than the RS6 w/ the s/c .

Originally posted by hpdd
    ouch!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by hpdd
    Could be. i never drove the R32 i cant say anything since i didnt drive it

It probably handles better though
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!

Family:
    15.3@90.5 Stock