WRX vs. VW R32 - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 136 to 150 of 150

This is a discussion on WRX vs. VW R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by FearTheWagon i think we can all agree that what sums up the R32 is........its a poor man's ...

  1. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWagon
    i think we can all agree that what sums up the R32 is........its a poor man's M3. right?
    kind of. They're really great cars but a bit on the expensive side.

    Wait until they bring out the rumored mkiv R36 3.6 280 crank hp MKIV golf platform vehicle with awd. That will be a contender.

    It still seems a little underpowered for what they will probably want for it compared to an sti, but I'm sure eip will bring out a turbo kit that's pushing almost 400whp with just a stg 1/2 setup. Their R32 stg 1 puts out something like 350whp, so I'm thinking it's safe to say, 400whp is going to be an easily achievable number.

    Another reason R32 owners are R32 owners, is 6 cylinder love. 4-bangers are awesome, and even more so when they can put out 400whp or so, hell I even own one. But when you have even an na 6 putting out about 250whp, it's going to be so much smoother, and when you turbo them it equals big power plus smooth delivery.

    That's one thing that I don't like about my jetta. When I'm driving around town with the a/c on, it always feels like it wants to stall unless you give it big gas, but once the turbo hits, it's all good.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #137
    Registered User hksimprezawrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cali
    Posts
    883
    i raced one on the free way ast night.. we started from 70- about 130mph, we were pretty much neck and neck the whole time but he kept having to slw down when the freeway would start to turn... probably got scared.... all i got is an intake and hks turbo back
    whats a signature?

  4. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWagon
    i think we can all agree that what sums up the R32 is........its a poor man's M3. right?
    i'm a poor man?
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  5. #139
    Registered User OffRoadWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i'm a poor man?
    Lol, obviously! Anyone can tell that by the crappy cars you drive and that piddly mansion you have on the cardomain pics

    Wait wait, what am I saying? I'm the poor one here! Hey ellinopedo, want to sell me you're R32 for like fitty bucks? I only got like 15, so imma have ta get another 10 to you on the first, and the rest I'll just put on layaway. aight?
    -ORW


    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'll get under there this weekend and see if I can loosen things up and maybe shoot some lube juice up in there.

    Oh sht, please don't sig that.

  6. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadWagon
    Lol, obviously! Anyone can tell that by the crappy cars you drive and that piddly mansion you have on the cardomain pics

    Wait wait, what am I saying? I'm the poor one here! Hey ellinopedo, want to sell me you're R32 for like fitty bucks? I only got like 15, so imma have ta get another 10 to you on the first, and the rest I'll just put on layaway. aight?
    that mansion is just our weekend house. jk. thats our cousin house. my house is the brick/wood house, its normal sized.

    i already have like 20 people waiting in line to get my car for 50 bucks if i get the ferarri. hehe.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  7. #141
    Registered User OffRoadWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    368
    Dude, $50 and my sister! You know you want to...so why no F50 for the Ferrariaa? And what happened to that M3 you were going to buy?
    -ORW


    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'll get under there this weekend and see if I can loosen things up and maybe shoot some lube juice up in there.

    Oh sht, please don't sig that.

  8. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadWagon
    Dude, $50 and my sister! You know you want to...so why no F50 for the Ferrariaa? And what happened to that M3 you were going to buy?
    i need to see a pic of ur sister first.

    well, my parents are getting a divorce, ok... so like, they are giving me (cross finger) the sports bar. According to my dad, he wants me and my brother to be set before everything gets ugly between the two of them, when they gotta split up everything, but they want us to own/run the sports bar/restaurant. So... in conclusion, if i get the bar, i can afford something nicer (Seeing that my income [bar profits] will be only for school and pocket/investment)... so instead of getting the m3, im looking into something closer to a used Porsche Carerra Turbo or Ferrari or used Lambo. We will see.

    Hopefully i get the place, then im pretty much set for life, and can have someone run it (my brother) while i finish my med degree.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  9. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    south orange county, cali
    Posts
    276
    has anyone met this guy and verified that he does have all this stuff and owns these houses and such? im not being pessimistic but i live by the phrase "you dont have to lie to kick it". clearly my sig is just poking fun at the idea of a wrx drag car, i dont try to play it off as if i actually own those things so theres my disclaimer. just seems to me like someone who makes this much money doesnt have to settle for a "used" porsche/ferrari/lambo. and its 05 f430, no f430 before 2005. last one made in 2004 and it was the F360 modena F1/spider/challenge stradale.

    anyway theres my $.02. and to reply to you, yes a VW R32 is in fact a poor mans M3, and if you're telling the truth then no you arent poor but then again neither are any of us on here. if we can afford wrx's(they arent terribly expensive) over 1989 ford tauruses then clearly we're not poor.
    2002 WR Blue Wagon 6MT with 427ci Lingenfelter Performance Enterprise V8 - BorgWarner T56 Transmission - Tilton carbon clutch - converted to RWD - 28" MT ET Drag slicks - Hooker Performance headers - Paxton Novi2000 Blower at 12psi - Magnaflow twin dump exhaust - 6" cowl hood - 4.10 gears w/Currie narrowed 9" Rear diff housing - 10point roll cage - Lexan windows - 200 Wet shot Fogger Nitrous System

  10. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWagon
    has anyone met this guy and verified that he does have all this stuff and owns these houses and such? im not being pessimistic but i live by the phrase "you dont have to lie to kick it". clearly my sig is just poking fun at the idea of a wrx drag car, i dont try to play it off as if i actually own those things so theres my disclaimer. just seems to me like someone who makes this much money doesnt have to settle for a "used" porsche/ferrari/lambo. and its 05 f430, no f430 before 2005. last one made in 2004 and it was the F360 modena F1/spider/challenge stradale.

    anyway theres my $.02. and to reply to you, yes a VW R32 is in fact a poor mans M3, and if you're telling the truth then no you arent poor but then again neither are any of us on here. if we can afford wrx's(they arent terribly expensive) over 1989 ford tauruses then clearly we're not poor.
    Yeah, i said used seeing u can get one for 110-130K compared to a new one which is closer to 200K. I was just messing when i said 'poor' man.

    Yeah, i wasn't too sure about the years of the Ferrari's. I knew the 360's were around for quite some time and the new model was the F430, but didn't know exactly which year the F430 came out (2004 or 2005). Yes, i have been thinking about getting one of these, but then again, anything is possible.

    There are probably not a lot of people that know me on here, but if anyone is in the chicago land area, they can stop by, i live in the John Hancock and i can show them what you are pessimistic about. I'm not bragging or anything, everyone loves cars on here, and thank god they aren't ALL under the impression that the wrx is the only car out there and all the rest are junk. That is why i like coming on her and posting about other cars, and sometimes about the wrx.

    And im not calling anyone 'poor'.

    BTW, if u are really that interested, I wont name all the restuarants, but the place that i was commenting on is called Flanagan's in North Chicago.

    p.s. again, i never called anyone poor, or even HINTED at it!!!!!!
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  11. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    south orange county, cali
    Posts
    276
    ok first of all i just got through saying i wasnt being pessimistic so thats null and void. and about the poor thing i was commenting on the fact that you took it as if i called you poor because i called the r32 a poor mans m3, im sure you've heard that phrase before so i wont bother explaining it, much like a toyota MR2(1991-1995) is sort of a poor mans NSX, etc. and as far as the cars you say you have and this sports bar thing, im sure im not the only person that doubted or doubts your credibility, not that you've done anything wrong but its simply just that everyone lies at some point. not an attack on you at all so dont take it that way.
    2002 WR Blue Wagon 6MT with 427ci Lingenfelter Performance Enterprise V8 - BorgWarner T56 Transmission - Tilton carbon clutch - converted to RWD - 28" MT ET Drag slicks - Hooker Performance headers - Paxton Novi2000 Blower at 12psi - Magnaflow twin dump exhaust - 6" cowl hood - 4.10 gears w/Currie narrowed 9" Rear diff housing - 10point roll cage - Lexan windows - 200 Wet shot Fogger Nitrous System

  12. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Loyola University Chicago (gurnee too)
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheWagon
    ok first of all i just got through saying i wasnt being pessimistic so thats null and void. and about the poor thing i was commenting on the fact that you took it as if i called you poor because i called the r32 a poor mans m3, im sure you've heard that phrase before so i wont bother explaining it, much like a toyota MR2(1991-1995) is sort of a poor mans NSX, etc. and as far as the cars you say you have and this sports bar thing, im sure im not the only person that doubted or doubts your credibility, not that you've done anything wrong but its simply just that everyone lies at some point. not an attack on you at all so dont take it that way.
    ive heard the phrase before. i was just messing when i said that. don't worry. i know a few probably thinks that im lying, but i could care less. its a free world, believe what u wanna believe, like we landed on the moon or oj simpson is innocent. no worries.
    my R32 on CarDomain

    Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

  13. #147
    ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    494
    I have been pretty quiet and watching this thread... but what bothers me is that we're arguing about all the wrong things. The reason people love WRX's is because the way they feel when you drive them. They make you smile. They're fun cars, easy to drive, reliable and very resceptive to mods, and they're quick litlle bastards.

    The R32 is not hte same at all. It's fun, but much more refined. Drive one for a day, and you'll feel like you've just moved to the Gate's mansion. The R32 is much more civilized. I drive alot. I mean .....alot....!!! I appreciate the way cars feel. Let's think about why Miata's are outselling wrx's. BECAUSE THEY'RE FUN!!! Why is the 350Z almost as fast as a M3 on a track?? Because they're easy to drive hard, and they're fun. You could have the fastest, best built car in the world, but if it didn't feel like fun when you drove it....you'd sell it.

    It's easy to read specs, times, and fantasy race, but I for one, am more impressed with how a car makes me feel, than how it really performs. If it feels really fast and fun,(Miata), then people will buy them, regardless of if it really is. Maybe I'm outgrowing the whole "Knawwws" import thing, but my next car has to win me other when I drive it, not because of what the mag's or timeslips say.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

  14. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I have been pretty quiet and watching this thread... but what bothers me is that we're arguing about all the wrong things. The reason people love WRX's is because the way they feel when you drive them. They make you smile. They're fun cars, easy to drive, reliable and very resceptive to mods, and they're quick litlle bastards.

    The R32 is not hte same at all. It's fun, but much more refined. Drive one for a day, and you'll feel like you've just moved to the Gate's mansion. The R32 is much more civilized. I drive alot. I mean .....alot....!!! I appreciate the way cars feel. Let's think about why Miata's are outselling wrx's. BECAUSE THEY'RE FUN!!! Why is the 350Z almost as fast as a M3 on a track?? Because they're easy to drive hard, and they're fun. You could have the fastest, best built car in the world, but if it didn't feel like fun when you drove it....you'd sell it.

    It's easy to read specs, times, and fantasy race, but I for one, am more impressed with how a car makes me feel, than how it really performs. If it feels really fast and fun,(Miata), then people will buy them, regardless of if it really is. Maybe I'm outgrowing the whole "Knawwws" import thing, but my next car has to win me other when I drive it, not because of what the mag's or timeslips say.
    In your future, I see, a euro...

  15. #149
    ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    494
    I was actually shopping the new GTO. In case you were unaware, their shifter/steering ratio was designed to give you a full body workout when driving in trafic. It's part of their personal performance package. The Nordic-trac shifter and 6 turn lock to lock steering will work miracles on your pec's and shoulders. But then again, 6 liters....need I say more? Oh...let's not forget the 400 ponies.... and did I say that there were 6 liters of displacement??

    On a serious note though, the R32 is a great car. Do I think it's overpriced...a little.. ok well maybe alot. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't drive one... or trade a WRX for one. Once my hip becomes brittle I might even trade an STi for a R32...you know... more cush' for the tush'. But until then, settle for them being nice cars. That's it. Shake hands, admit that Subaru's are the best cars in the world, and that the inside of the R32 IS BETTER THAN OURS!!! Stop lying to yourselves. Man, it's good to be passionate about your Suby... but let's not get carried away to a point where we can't admit our shortcomings. A R32 is built to much tighter tolerances than a WRX or STi. Notice that I didn't say that the R32 was better, just that the interior is something our Sake brewing brethren might take a peek at and learn from. Let's be happy we're not one of those poor saps that has to live with the interior of an evo. (I won't talk about performance, as that will start a response that will never be settled)
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

  16. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20fan
    I was actually shopping the new GTO. In case you were unaware, their shifter/steering ratio was designed to give you a full body workout when driving in trafic. It's part of their personal performance package. The Nordic-trac shifter and 6 turn lock to lock steering will work miracles on your pec's and shoulders. But then again, 6 liters....need I say more? Oh...let's not forget the 400 ponies.... and did I say that there were 6 liters of displacement??

    On a serious note though, the R32 is a great car. Do I think it's overpriced...a little.. ok well maybe alot. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't drive one... or trade a WRX for one. Once my hip becomes brittle I might even trade an STi for a R32...you know... more cush' for the tush'. But until then, settle for them being nice cars. That's it. Shake hands, admit that Subaru's are the best cars in the world, and that the inside of the R32 IS BETTER THAN OURS!!! Stop lying to yourselves. Man, it's good to be passionate about your Suby... but let's not get carried away to a point where we can't admit our shortcomings. A R32 is built to much tighter tolerances than a WRX or STi. Notice that I didn't say that the R32 was better, just that the interior is something our Sake brewing brethren might take a peek at and learn from. Let's be happy we're not one of those poor saps that has to live with the interior of an evo. (I won't talk about performance, as that will start a response that will never be settled)
    heh, not to prolong this thread any more than it needs to be, but I take it you've seen the 6.1 liter dodge charger?! ohhh, nice. 425/420 hp/tq respectively

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •