Rode/drove a modded S4

This is a discussion on Rode/drove a modded S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally got to ride in my buddies S4 (2.7TT). The following mods: Chipped, TBE, Bailey DVs. First off, its ...

Rode/drove a modded S4

I finally got to ride in my buddies S4 (2.7TT). The following mods:
    Chipped, TBE, Bailey DVs.

First off, its a freakin' beautiful car. I really considered this car, however, I just couldn't see spending 25k+ on a used car, but, man it is nice. So much more luxury than the Sti (expected, of course).

Ok, onto the good stuff:

Performance
    0-60 Very similar to the STI
    60-100 Noticing a difference, keeps going...
    100-1xx Pulls WAYYYYYY harder, doesn't seem to slow at all.

Shifting
    The clutching has more travel, the shifting feels much more loose, with way more travel between gears. Remined me of my GTI, with one more gear...

Handling
    Much softer, very different. This was expected, of course...

All in all, a much better daily driver setup, with style and speed, but, not as much a raw performance standpoint by any means compared to the STi.

I think with a DP, deadbolt prepped VF34, Accessport/UTEC and the other "basics", I could give him a pretty good run though.

Of course, it won't matter, by the time I'll have my stuff installed and ready, he'll have his setup (custom GT28R twin turbo setup).
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes, they are VERY nice cars! I would love to have one, but like you said, i couldnt justify that kind of cash on used car. and if was to buy new i would just for the M3..

nonetheless a badass car!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Awesome cars. I would definitely own one as a daily driver if I were wealthy.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

what year?

I looked at them when I got my STi... some days I think I should've gotten one... other days I slap myself for thinking that.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Originally posted by skyphix
    what year?

I looked at them when I got my STi... some days I think I should've gotten one... other days I slap myself for thinking that.
    I think 2001, but, it could be 2000...
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

For some reason I havent seen them run very good times modded. I ran a guy at the track with a modded one, upgraded IC's exhaust, chip, DV's from what he explained pretty much everything except bigger turbo's and the best he could run was a 14.290 @ 99.52 on a 2.058 60' so he could of probably been a mid to high 13. My mods are AP with VF34 stock IC, TBE, and a gruppe S manifold and I ran a 13.432 on a 1.9 60' this is at 5900ft also. Very nice cars though, I really want to drive one and see what the top end is like.