The new BMW M5 is here v-10 !!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on The new BMW M5 is here v-10 !!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by jigga Nahh... we still have a chance! Rigoli engine... from ESX's 740 package... shame it costs 30K ...

Originally posted by jigga
    Nahh... we still have a chance! Rigoli engine... from ESX's 740 package...

shame it costs 30K though

Maybe if you buy a brand new sti and drop the rigoli motor in it (cost about 60k total car+motor) you will be able to beat the new m5. It will cost less too

BeforeI get flamed, I am in no way saying an sti with a rigoli motor would be better than a new M5.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw the rear of the M5 and thought the same thing, those look almost exactly like 04/05 style WRX lights. I also have to say the car is pretty ugly up front. Way to many curves.

Has anyone seen the new 1 series designs, thats what this M5 reminds me of. Im sorry but BMW is starting to look like crap, I hope they take a lot of heat on the designes because they need a good kick in the balls to realize they need to fire their current car designers. Its just a sad day for BMW's.

The front end looks like it was designed by a bunch of girls, all flowery looking. I really hate the front fenders, the hood comes over and onto the sides and it just looks UGLY. And the new lights look bad too, they need to go back to the older style.

Last edited by KanosWRX; 07-07-2004 at 07:31 AM.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Actually people on the other BMW forum linked on the first post also notice the similarity with Subarus and Buicks.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    Maybe if you buy a brand new sti and drop the rigoli motor in it (cost about 60k total car+motor) you will be able to beat the new m5. It will cost less too

BeforeI get flamed, I am in no way saying an sti with a rigoli motor would be better than a new M5.
    I guess you are thinking that the M5 is going to be 100k its going to be 75k so for 15 grand i rather have the M5 with the same speed. And probably more refined.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

new m5's looks

Well the M5 is pretty ugly, but then again. Not to be flamed or anything, just about every bimmer looks just about the same (3/5/7 series +Ms over the years) When compared to any other car company, like lets say..Toyota (Corrolla, Camry, MR2spyder, Solara, Celica, Matrix) each and everyone one of their cars looks pretty differnt. They only exceptions are obviously are the Z's and Mcoupe.

The designers were probably forced to design a car that would look radically differnt from all the Bimmers we see now a days, so people would snap their necks and be like "HOLY ****, thats a NEW M5!" It looks pretty aerodynamic too.

Im not saying I like it, but if i had one, i know the looks would grow on me. but other then that, we can all agree the rest of the car is something that could have only come from the Gods at BWM themselves.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

While I'm not a fan of BMW's Bangle styling, Bangle pointed out in a recent interview that BMW is selling more cars than ever.

FWIW, I didn't buy my WRX for its looks. If looks were the primary factor, I would have bought a 330.
    2002 WRX WRB

Originally posted by audirs6
    I guess you are thinking that the M5 is going to be 100k its going to be 75k so for 15 grand i rather have the M5 with the same speed. And probably more refined.
    I dont think I understand what you just said... (or tried to say)
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

You said:

"Maybe if you buy a brand new sti and drop the rigoli motor in it (cost about 60k total car+motor) you will be able to beat the new m5. It will cost less too "

its only 15k less then a new M5. When youre are talking 15k for a difference of a 5 series or wrx with same performance. Its worth it. From the way you were talking was making me think that you thought maybe the new M5 will be 100k and then it would make sense.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.