Stg 2 WRX vs. MKIV Supra
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 WRX vs. MKIV Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off I don't know how this guy didn't wax me, I've already started sending emails to my friends around ...

Stg 2 WRX vs. MKIV Supra

First off I don't know how this guy didn't wax me, I've already started sending emails to my friends around town with Supra's to see if anybody knows this guy. I want to know what's wrong with his car. Anyways, on to the race. Left the movies last night around midnight and was going to my parents house with the wife. Was turning at a light and looked across the intersection and saw a Supra with a front mount on it. I made my turn and went on, when his light changed he caught up with me but stayed about 100 yards behind me (this was a 4 lane road). He paced me back there for about a mile and then comes up beside me hard and revs a few times. By this time I had caught up to another car and had to move over behind the Supra. Once I got around the car my wife screamed "He's nodding his head, punch it!!" Now the weird part. I pulled on him from a 30mph roll. Not a lot, maybe a little over a car length. And it stayed that way to around 90 mph. Now I am running my Stg 2.5 map on my UTEC, but come on, could this feasably happen? Only mods I could see were the FMIC, and a melon shooter. If he was stock other than that could a WRX with my mods (see my profile if you want them listed) really beat him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Stg 2 WRX vs. MKIV Supra

Originally posted by scoobie1
    First off I don't know how this guy didn't wax me, I've already started sending emails to my friends around town with Supra's to see if anybody knows this guy. I want to know what's wrong with his car. Anyways, on to the race. Left the movies last night around midnight and was going to my parents house with the wife. Was turning at a light and looked across the intersection and saw a Supra with a front mount on it. I made my turn and went on, when his light changed he caught up with me but stayed about 100 yards behind me (this was a 4 lane road). He paced me back there for about a mile and then comes up beside me hard and revs a few times. By this time I had caught up to another car and had to move over behind the Supra. Once I got around the car my wife screamed "He's nodding his head, punch it!!" Now the weird part. I pulled on him from a 30mph roll. Not a lot, maybe a little over a car length. And it stayed that way to around 90 mph. Now I am running my Stg 2.5 map on my UTEC, but come on, could this feasably happen? Only mods I could see were the FMIC, and a melon shooter. If he was stock other than that could a WRX with my mods (see my profile if you want them listed) really beat him?
    Are you sure he knew you were racing???
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

A stock tt supra usually dynos around 260whp...so if you have 230-240 whp and you are 500lbs lighter then....maybe. A short race you might have a chance.

Good kill
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Uh, no. Stock Supra's dyno about 300 rwhp.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

Re: Re: Stg 2 WRX vs. MKIV Supra

Originally posted by jigga
    Are you sure he knew you were racing???
    Yep...I doubt he stayed with me until 90 just to hear my nice sounding exhaust

Originally posted by Raslian
    Uh, no. Stock Supra's dyno about 300 rwhp.
    I doubt that... Unless they are making more than the factory-claimed 320HP at the crank...

E46M3's with 333 at the crank make about 265-275 at the rear wheel, so I'd expect a stock Supra to dyno in that region
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Re: Re: Re: Stg 2 WRX vs. MKIV Supra

Originally posted by scoobie1
    Yep...I doubt he stayed with me until 90 just to hear my nice sounding exhaust
    tru tru!...but the exhaust on a wrx does sound pretty mean though ya know
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    my wife screamed "He's nodding his head, punch it!!"

First off, you have the best wife EVER!!! You don't even want to know about my relationship with my fiance and racing....

Second, Stock Supras make 320 hp crank (prob ~ 285-295 RWHP) what's your stage 2.5, ~260-270 AWHP? With the FMIC and exhaust ( if that's all) he could be making upwards of 320+ to the wheels! This means that either he "cant drive" or "was'nt racing" for starters OR he was tuned like poop! I think those are the only reasons you won the race.....
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I highly doubt he was racing, stock supras will pull like a ***** on u, and this guy has atleast an exhaust.
    Z33

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    A stock tt supra usually dynos around 260whp...so if you have 230-240 whp and you are 500lbs lighter then....maybe. A short race you might have a chance.

Good kill
    more like 290ish.....

i know this cause there's one in my garage...

TurboXS advertises their Stage II gives out 225whp. The 2+ i assume means uppipe and possibly IC hoses which give like 2-5whp. I doubt you are tuned as well as TXS is (no offense, I just doubt it).

Anyway, max of 230whp, against a Supra.

You got lucky...nice kill
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Last month. Sport Compact Car dynod a stock tt supra at 264.7 whp....Maybe it was a beat up one but 290's....Thats only a 10% loss...I was thinking 15% ...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Last month. Sport Compact Car dynod a stock tt supra at 264.7 whp....Maybe it was a beat up one but 290's....Thats only a 10% loss...I was thinking 15% ...
    Supras are underrated from the factory
    Z33

Well the one they had wasnt...but it makes sense.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Through a friend I found out who I raced, his only mods really are the front mount and the axle back. The car is a '95...I'm trying to get in direct contact with him to schedule a rematch. I will post the results. I did ask if my friend (also a WRX driver) had ever raced the supra, but he hasn't.
    Last edited by scoobie1; 07-05-2004 at 01:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast