Pe 1820 Sti and another Cobra...Oh My God..what a night
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pe 1820 Sti and another Cobra...Oh My God..what a night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1st race: stock 03 Cobra....I know this one was stock. I beat hime thats why I know. We both had ...

Pe 1820 Sti and another Cobra...Oh My God..what a night

1st race: stock 03 Cobra....I know this one was stock. I beat hime thats why I know. We both had 1 passenger and we went from 40mph. I'll admit I jumped the honk from being soo nervous but I pulled him to 110mph by 1 car. I was soooo pumped but little did I know my night was not over....

Sti: mods

pe 1820
    pe850cc
    utec
    perrin fmic...other bolt ons.
    dynod at 336whp and ran a 12.4 at 110mph

We also ran from 40 mph and we both left the jump on time and through second because my 2nd held longer I pulled ahead and my 3rd is wicked and I held that through his 3-4 shift. My 4th continued to pull and hold ground on his 4-5 shift. At 120 mph when we shut down I had 1 car on him. He was at my rear bumper. Real cool guy and we chatted for awhile. I was loving life at this point....Big turbo'd sti and finally a cobra in one night....all I can say is whoa..

Not every night you get races of this caliber...I love this area. If you go hunting you catch game...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice way to redeem yourself

I feel all warm and fuzzy right now...It's nice when cobra owners dont lie about their mods...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

i want your mods.

Originally posted by b4437
    i want your mods.
    and they are?
    2002 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sedan

Originally posted by honduhunter
    and they are?
    18G, enough said
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Jesus man, nice kills!!!!

You need to get some videos -- give the girlfriend a job in the passenger seat
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    I am truly waiting (kind of on the edge of my seat) for you to have to upgrade tranny, axle, or some drivetrain part. I mean I dont want to sound like I'm wishing you bad luck...but how much abuse/racing can all those stock parts really take?

Nice kill and keep on having fun.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Nice runs! You really do have a lot of 'potential' floating around all over the place!

I'm still a little hesitant about running after Cobras though...Never know if you'll barely pull, or if they will tear ish up on ya!

Sti is about what I would expect as well.. The short gearing and 6-speed nature of the tranny hurts them for highway racing imo. Too many shifts to be made...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Yeah thats what he was saying. I can hold my gears longer then his...Kinda sucks. I have an analog camera, I need to get a digital one and start taping. I could have one hot website full of kills and even some got killed...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Sounds like reaction time played a big part with the 1st race. Remember, a tenth of a second difference in reaction time corresponds to about a carlength in distance by the time you reach 120 mph. But 0.1s is nearly undetectable, so its more likely that you got a 0.2-0.3s jump. Nevertheless, good job.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

God nice kills, you just keep finding these puppies. This just further more makes me inpatient in getting my 20g.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kills! Which map were you running on? I need to find you out on LI one of these days! We should go cruising.... what's better than getting killed by 1 wrx.... getting killed by 2!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

nice race! shows that the 6 speed is not a good drag tranny. which some seem to believe.

Originally posted by axion7606
    nice race! shows that the 6 speed is not a good drag tranny. which some seem to believe.
    Well actually...losing a rolling race would mean that the 6 speed may be faster off the dig because it has shorter gear ratios, just a thought.

P.S. If there are any planned races (especially with members from the board) feel free to pm me or something and I'd be willing to bring my cameras.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast