Subaru Legacy GT vs. Volvo S60 vs. 325i
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru Legacy GT vs. Volvo S60 vs. 325i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Later this month I get to ring the hell out of these cars in Houston for Road & Track. I ...

Subaru Legacy GT vs. Volvo S60 vs. 325i

Later this month I get to ring the hell out of these cars in Houston for Road & Track. I will let you guys know what I think. I will be testing 0-60, 1/4, 60-0, emergency lane change and road course. Cost = $0 I will try to get some pics also

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do your best runs with the legacy and do average runs with the other cars

Beat the hell out of everything.

Also, I'll mail you $200 if you manage to crash all 3 cars.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    do your best runs with the legacy and do average runs with the other cars
    That's not really necessary. Unless the Volvo is an S60R, neither of the two will be any competition in a straight line.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

unfortunately its the regular S60- I think 220hp. I am sure the Legacy will be the best to drive out of the bunch

Why dont they take the S60R and the 330i instead of the base S60 and the 325i. At least it would be a little better comparison. The legacy is going to hand both those cars their asses.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Why dont they take the S60R and the 330i instead of the base S60 and the 325i. At least it would be a little better comparison. The legacy is going to hand both those cars their asses.
    Probably because those cars outprice the Legacy by 10K when loaded up like the Legacy GT Special Edition. I know the 330 and the S60R will be better competition, but this will show just how great a car the legacy is for the $$

I guess my point was, why not compare it with similar performing cars and when it outperforms those (which I think it would still do) that cost 10k more, it would be an even better illustration that the Legacy is an awesome buy.

Its a foregone conclusion that the legacy will outperform the 325 and s60.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Thats kind of what Car & Driver did when they compared the WRX to the S4 and the 330xi

Yep, that's exactly the time I was thinking. It made for an awesome article.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

I'll be testing the same cars in North Hollywood, CA August 8th. I'll post back with my "unbiased" results.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I might do the one in Chicago on my birthday (August 29). I'll drive my new Legacy GT down there probably. Wouldn't that be funny? Try not to let the stock RE-92A tires get you down. I have not had much of a problem with them, but I am still breaking in my car.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    I might do the one in Chicago on my birthday (August 29). I'll drive my new Legacy GT down there probably. Wouldn't that be funny? Try not to let the stock RE-92A tires get you down. I have not had much of a problem with them, but I am still breaking in my car.
    Yeah those tires are going to be a problem in the emergency lane change and road course. (Gumby)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.