01 Porshe 911 Turbo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 01 Porshe 911 Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My General Manager just bought a 01 Porshe 911 turbo. Now he keeps taunting me. I know I'll get killed ...

01 Porshe 911 Turbo

My General Manager just bought a 01 Porshe 911 turbo. Now he keeps taunting me. I know I'll get killed but how fast are they?
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How fast?- Getting close to about as fast as they come.

Top Speed 304.2 kph / 189 mph
    0 - 60 mph 0-62: 4.2 sec.
    0 - 100 mph 9.2 sec.
    To quote:
    A racecar-derived 3.6-liter, twin-turbo six-cylinder engine gives the 2001 911 Turbo staggering performance capability. The engine produces 415 horsepower (309 kW) @ 6,000 rpm and sustains 415 lb.-ft. (560 Nm) of peak torque from 2,700 rpm to 4,600 rpm. Power drives through a standard six-speed manual transmission. For the first time on a 911 Turbo, Porsche offered the advanced Tiptronic S five-speed automatic transmission as an option.

With power characteristics of a far larger engine, the 2001 911 Turbo can accelerate from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in just 4.2 seconds. On the test track, the 911 Turbo will sprint from a standstill to 100 mph (160 km/h) in only 9.2 seconds and can achieve a top speed of 189 mph (305 km/h). Porsche builds the all-new 911 Turbo on the all-wheel drive 911 Carrera 4 platform, a practice it started with the previous-generation 911 Turbo in 1996. All-wheel drive, the Porsche Stability Management system (PSM), and 18-inch wheels combine to make the 2001 911 Turbo the best-handling production car that Porsche had ever made.
    End Quote
    If you have it within a bus length to 100mph you have a killer fast WRX.
    See if he will race you on gravel!
    Last edited by archiebrown; 07-03-2004 at 06:54 AM.

Best advice:

Leave well enough alone...chose another competitor...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

yep stay away. my bosses porsche has turbo upgrades and software. ran a 11.4 with a slipping clutch (all fixed now). 0-60 in 3.5 seconds thing is to fast! and don't think yer awd will help cause they have it to!

Originally posted by axion7606
    yep stay away. my bosses porsche has turbo upgrades and software. ran a 11.4 with a slipping clutch (all fixed now). 0-60 in 3.5 seconds thing is to fast! and don't think yer awd will help cause they have it to!
    Now that is insane.

Dont buy into the propaganda guys!! Those 911 T's are not that fast...ok i lied, they are fast, but you should still race one just to see if you can keep up with it till 30 mph. Then you can always brag "ya...my car is decently fast, i kept up with a 911 turbo until 30mph!"

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

I would hope w/my 25 psi map I could stay w/in a car or so...I hope that map would bring me 115mph traps...a couple of mphs off of a stock turbo...eh..you never know till you try. I'm sure I'll run into one sooner or later.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

come out here theres quite a few that would love to run. we get all the rich folks coming into our shop getting upgrades on there turbo porsches. hopefully someday i can do the same. for now the 18g and wrx will have to settle

also the thing about those porsches. we might be able to keep up to 60mph. (if were heavily modified). but the porsche just keeps getting stronger in ever gear. you will be like holy crap in 1st,2nd and 3rd. but then yer at 100mph and it pulls even harder then those other gears but thats a modified one. i've only ridden in 3 turbo porsches and they were all modified so i do not know how a stock one would be. but it makes my car suck, but also inspires me to do 2.5 conversion and a green.

I second that emotion....Im w/ya..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I saw an bit older one on the road couple days ago... now lemme tell you, when he floored it on the freeway, holy ****.. all hell broke loose..

I Support ClubWRX
    Those 911 turbos are monsters. I raced one on the highway and he pulled away from me. Not fast, but he did. He was suprised that he didn't fly away from me. So was I. But still, he pulled away. It's the only stock car I've raced that I couldn't beat (there are plenty stock cars that could whoop me like the koenisegg that I saw a few days ago, but they are few and far between).
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Hey guys. I raced one a while ago. I was a car length back at like 60 or so then I slowly pulled him in. When I passed him i just looked at him and smiled. At 120 I was gone and at 140 I backed off cause i was way ahead of him.. I know you all are gonna call but hey I won.....

I was using my CBR 954 though.. heehee

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Dont buy into the propaganda guys!! Those 911 T's are not that fast...ok i lied, they are fast, but you should still race one just to see if you can keep up with it till 30 mph. Then you can always brag "ya...my car is decently fast, i kept up with a 911 turbo until 30mph!"

-BobbyD

You dont know much, Becuase 0-30 some cars like wrx or even a evo are faster then a ferrari 360 0-30 in some torque monsters are faster then some really fast cars. 0-30 alot of cars will beat a turbo because it had some turbo lag. Its not soemthing that you can be proud about unless somone doesnt know about cars.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by audirs6

You dont know much, Becuase 0-30 some cars like wrx or even a evo are faster then a ferrari 360 0-30 in some torque monsters are faster then some really fast cars. 0-30 alot of cars will beat a turbo because it had some turbo lag. Its not soemthing that you can be proud about unless somone doesnt know about cars.
    Um... the 911 TT is much faster to 30 than a 360 or anything else. I hate to say it, but the EVO and WRX wouldn't even be close to 30. 1st gear on the Twin Turbo is unreal and it is also AWD. There is virtually NO turbo lag. The lag is not even a factor.

The low end grunt of a turbo is unreal and it hooks up immediately.
    Scott in Houston

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.