01 Porshe 911 Turbo - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 01 Porshe 911 Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Informational 0wn4g3...

Informational 0wn4g3
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ran one about a year ago in my WRX at GLD. He ran an 11.9 at 118 mph. I was next to him through 1st gear, and all I saw were vanishing tail lights after that... Even if your boss can't shift well, or doesn't launch the car aggressively, it won't matter.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Scott n Houston
    Um... the 911 TT is much faster to 30 than a 360 or anything else. I hate to say it, but the EVO and WRX wouldn't even be close to 30. 1st gear on the Twin Turbo is unreal and it is also AWD. There is virtually NO turbo lag. The lag is not even a factor.

The low end grunt of a turbo is unreal and it hooks up immediately.
    Thats not true there is turbo lag from what i have heard from owners may not be that much but the way wrx owners launch at 6k its possible
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Originally posted by BobbyD
    Dont buy into the propaganda guys!! Those 911 T's are not that fast...ok i lied, they are fast, but you should still race one just to see if you can keep up with it till 30 mph. Then you can always brag "ya...my car is decently fast, i kept up with a 911 turbo until 30mph!"

-BobbyD
    dont let the wrx's AWD factor get to your head in this instance.... if he can drive, he will murder you til' 30mph also.... theres just no real point that the wrx, (even heavily modded) has the advantage. that car is just to much of beast!

the average times i seem to find are 11.8-12.0 STOCK!!!
    i wonder what kind of 60ft's they cut?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Gusy comon they are fast but you can be faster, turbo upgrades people turbo Upgrades. All you need is 400WHP, get a 18G on the Ej20, bigger injectors and tuning. I mean I have seen a Scooby Station wagon run 299WHP Pump gas on a VF34 and front mount. Immagine what an 18G will do. Hell even a 20G if you wana get stupid. The Ej can do this guys, you really need to start fuc.king around with larger more efficient turbos. Hell the FP Green is a flat out Exotic killer and Traps Damn near 130MPH on Race gas, thats Enzo speed BTW.

mods guys, No "Pie-in-the-sky" Dreams, get a wrench and get cracking, hell look @ this STi, traps @ 117 with a FP Green, has a lot more left BTW too.

http://home.comcast.net/~spapazian23..._111_Video.wmv
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Go play with it on an autox track. oh wait dont do that either 911 Turbo is my dream car.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Gusy comon they are fast but you can be faster, turbo upgrades people turbo Upgrades. All you need is 400WHP, get a 18G on the Ej20, bigger injectors and tuning. I mean I have seen a Scooby Station wagon run 299WHP Pump gas on a VF34 and front mount. Immagine what an 18G will do. Hell even a 20G if you wana get stupid. The Ej can do this guys, you really need to start fuc.king around with larger more efficient turbos. Hell the FP Green is a flat out Exotic killer and Traps Damn near 130MPH on Race gas, thats Enzo speed BTW.

mods guys, No "Pie-in-the-sky" Dreams, get a wrench and get cracking, hell look @ this STi, traps @ 117 with a FP Green, has a lot more left BTW too.

http://home.comcast.net/~spapazian23..._111_Video.wmv
    have you read any of this?? even the larger turbo's like 18g's are still only running low 12's with proper tunning. heavily modded stageIV guys on the IHI series turbos are doing mid 12's with awesome tunning and all supporting mods.
    the 911 will run an 11.8 with crazy trap speeds STOCK! FP green will not net the same performance as an ENZO. those are low 11 high 10 sec cars stock... even if he made his car fast enough to run those times, the top end wouldnt there.

getting a wrx to break into 11's isnt as easy as you think, and the faster you go the faster those cars are going to get. plain and simple
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well If a FP Green does not work, and it is a 10 secondn turbo so I do not know what to tell you, but it has traps nearing 130MPH, that will hurt a 911 T badly.

There is always a FP Red, that will flow enough for 9's. I guess tuning guys, thats the key. Oh yeah and 30PSI on Race gas, that helps
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    Well If a FP Green does not work, and it is a 10 second turbo so I do not know what to tell you, but it has traps nearing 130MPH, that will hurt a 911 T badly.

There is always a FP Red, that will flow enough for 9's. I guess tuning guys, thats the key. Oh yeah and 30PSI on Race gas, that helps
    To be honest, I am not even sure our aluminum blocks will take that much boost with any regularity... Must be nice having an iron block engine that is so stout from the factory
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by audirs6
    Thats not true there is turbo lag from what i have heard from owners may not be that much but the way wrx owners launch at 6k its possible
    I own one. I think I know more than you and what you've "heard".
    Scott in Houston

I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

and is the throttle response as good as a M3 or a GT3. From what i have seen on 6speedonline.com the owners said that when they compared the m3 to the turbo the m3 had much better throttle response. you are right untill drive a turbo i cant really say anythingl
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

jeb
    There isn't any reason to compare a 911 T to a wrx. It just kills it in every department except price. Of course you can make a wrx faster than the 911 T but you could also make a civic faster than it. The 911 is a 100k+ car and in performs like one. The wrx is simply amazing for 25k but it's not going to compete with a 911 T.
    I also hate the way everyone puts down regular 911s because they are not as fast as other cars in there price range. If you havenít driven them then you really have nothing to base you opinion on. Cars are all about compromises.
    2002 Silver WRX

Originally posted by audirs6
    and is the throttle response as good as a M3 or a GT3. From what i have seen on 6speedonline.com the owners said that when they compared the m3 to the turbo the m3 had much better throttle response. you are right untill drive a turbo i cant really say anythingl
    It's not quite as good no. That would be physically impossible I think.
    But it's as good as a turbo can get, and in reference to my first post, for a launch it's a non-issue. It's so immediate, that for a 0-100 run, it is not noticeable.
    It's all in reference to this thread.

FYI... I'm a mod at 6speedonline.... come visit more often.
    Scott in Houston

Originally posted by jeb
    There isn't any reason to compare a 911 T to a wrx. It just kills it in every department except price. Of course you can make a wrx faster than the 911 T but you could also make a civic faster than it. The 911 is a 100k+ car and in performs like one. The wrx is simply amazing for 25k but it's not going to compete with a 911 T.
    I also hate the way everyone puts down regular 911s because they are not as fast as other cars in there price range. If you havenít driven them then you really have nothing to base you opinion on. Cars are all about compromises.
    Jeb, you've got it right on target.
    Scott in Houston

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.