Silver STi on the way home today anyone here?

This is a discussion on Silver STi on the way home today anyone here? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way home from work today I rolled up behind a silver Sti at the light. He was the ...

Silver STi on the way home today anyone here?

On the way home from work today I rolled up behind a silver Sti at the light. He was the first car and I was the second. He kinda took off so I followed suit still not sure if he wanted to race or was just in a hurry. The thing is, when I dipped into it a little bit in first I started to spin a little bit. I think he heard the wheel spin and took off on me.

I must say that thing was quick. I couldnt catch him but he couldnt pull on me either. We both kept in it all the way onto the freeway. I closed the gap some but I could tell that I wouldnt be able to pass him. We both shut down when we came up on some traffic.

We exchanged thumbs up and "that thing is fast!" comments. I will admit that I was a little flabergasted from the adrenaline and I didnt ask him what mods he had. He had some a-pillar gauges but other than that it looked stock. Was it anyone on here? I was the black SRT-4 by the way. Nice ride!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, I found out who the guy is. I dont think he's on the board. I was filling up and he came up to me. Turns out he works right up the street from me.

He said he was stock. Pretty cool guy, I think he was a little surprised that I knew about the STi.

Oh, and I flicked him off on the way out of the parking lot and did a burnout as I exclaimed, "SRT-4 FA LIFE!!!!!!"
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

BS TROLL!!! Heh good run. I want to ride in an srt4. I bet a lot of bolt on turbo hondas want to run and get beat in your area.

Actually I've only had two run ins with Hondas (besides the two nsx's) so far. One with a JRSC Integra and the other with a bolt on 99 Civic Si. Those were both when I was stock. The integra was a decent race, I have it on video.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

By any chance, does he work at Cisco? There is another silver STi here and it's the only other Silver I've seen in the area.

Originally posted by silverscooby

Oh, and I flicked him off on the way out of the parking lot and did a burnout as I exclaimed, "SRT-4 FA LIFE!!!!!!"
    Good call. Nice little twist on the story there.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by mx_9
    By any chance, does he work at Cisco? There is another silver STi here and it's the only other Silver I've seen in the area.
    No, he works at Leith Honda here in Cary.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby

You should have said "Teh SRT-4 is teh fastarar!!!111!!"
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics