No one wants to play

This is a discussion on No one wants to play within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was riding around oceanside two nights ago and noticed a large import gathering in a parking lot. Eventually ...

No one wants to play

So I was riding around oceanside two nights ago and noticed a large import gathering in a parking lot. Eventually caught up to a bunch of ricer types on the meadowbrook, blocking traffic so they could race roll ons with each other. The sad part being, you would hear a lot of noice and the two cars "Racing" would barely move away from us in the back. Must have been about 7 cars total, with two racing at a time.
    I tried to break through the pack, which had slowed me down from my cruising speed, and wasn't able to. I was being blocked by the other cars.
    Eventually I get through and catch up to one of the lead cars, a white RS-X. Rolled up next to him and sounded the BOV a few times. He stared at me, then quickly took an exit. Oh well, there are more up ahead.
    This time I pull even with an integra, who won't even look at me, quickly signals and takes an exit.
    Funny, for 7 really loud, highly visible import racers none of them wanted anything to do with me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahh they probably didnt think you were worth messing with since you dont have that mad vtec power under the hood.
    GOODSPEED PERFORMANCE LAB

It's called "crappedmypantsitis." Ricers frequently suffer from it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

hahaha - sometimes u have to respect them though. Where i live alot of the "mexican" men put ricey stuff on their car, but they love it, so its cool to lookat there cars and how proud they are of them.

hey, im all for rice....doesnt bother me at all i have a big cf spoiler and graphics on my spec v which people call ricey, but it also puts 270 to the ground so they can say all they want! the wagon will stay below uncle bens radar though.
    GOODSPEED PERFORMANCE LAB

Originally posted by renichms
    It's called "crappedmypantsitis." Ricers frequently suffer from it.

RN
    Word. What you have to realize alot of people are afraid to take on a WRX.

ya i think alot of people are, but from what i've been realized while reading around on this forum, they really shouldnt be, well, from a 0-60 ya, but thats with a good launch, but from a roll stock, alot of things can take it.

I know when we cruise the streets on friday nights almost none of the hondas will want to race. And even if they do i'll give um a little head start so I dont destroy my tranny. And the only Honda that I've got beaten by stock was my friends 94 b16a hatch that we just turbo'd last weekend. However this friday will be different just got the up-pipe, full tbe, and cobb stage 2 installed so I'm ready to go play now
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

strap an STI badge on there and everyone will want to mess with you.. or atleast thats my theory... no one ever wants to race me and i'm completely stock! no BOV or anything...

They dont even look at me anymore...

Over the winter, before many people in this area had even HEARD of the STi... it was heaven.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

My old car, an Integra on boost, would've put the WRX to shame... however it looked pretty stock and no WRX would try to race me then. I would only get challenged by slower cars who have a few little mods and think they could keep up with a slightly faster "stock" car.

At that time, I had stopped street racing except for when some jackass kept trying to mess with me and pissed me off... but I guess the snobby WRX owners felt they were too good for me at the time.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I raced one wrx from a roll in my corolla (wasn't pretty or fair to him but he was cool about it), I need to get to NY it seems that you guys are out looking for some runs, now that I am older and not out that much, when I do cruise I can't find Jack squat.... People always want to beat up on me when I am in the daily driver. But when I feel frisky and pull Betsy (Corolla) out for fun I just wind up wasting my gas (which it just guzzles like Lays) So I feel your pain.

The meadowbrook isn't a very long road....must've been short runs.

Edit: I'm a moron, nevermind
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke