WRX vs MIII supra
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs MIII supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this is an old story happened 2 years ago or so. I have an 1988 toyota supra turbo with ...

WRX vs MKIII supra

Well this is an old story happened 2 years ago or so. I have an 1988 toyota supra turbo with some mods, but its got the stock turbo never rebuilt and 160k miles on it at the time. My car ran a 13.9@103mph at the track. I came across a WRX which had 4 people in it, and appeared to be and sound stock. My brother owns a 2002 WRX and im pretty sure my supra could take him from a roll. So i figured i was gonna walk this guy. Well i am behind him at a light and the light turns green and he doesn't even use his biggest advantage in his launch. He starts slow then punches it at about 15mph in which i floor it and he just creeps away till about 70mph in which i let up and he gives me the hazards. Well that was 2 years ago, my supra has now 182k miles on it and the metal headgasket is blown. I ordered a 2005 Crystal Grey WRX a few days ago.

Oops what a dope i typed MIII supra not MKIII i feel like a fool.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 07-02-2004 at 11:30 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tr3
    I ordered a 2005 Crystal Grey WRX a few days ago.
    Lol! Welcome to the pack!

Let's see how long you can keep that thing 'virgin'
    I'm looking for 2 quarts of high quality headlight fluid.

Also, if you have a used muffler bearing (ball bearing type), let me know.

Originally posted by tr3
    Let's see how long you can keep that thing 'virgin'
    I lasted ONLY 1 day....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

haha awesome post.

glad you got the wrx and welcome to the club!

Thanks guys, I was already thinking mods. I want to lower it and get rid of the gap, im not a huge looks guy im more of a performance guy, but the stance on my supra was soo badass. It was on 17s with 275s in the rear and 245s in the front and it looked really aggressive. I want to get a set of springs to lower the wrx to get rid of those huge wheel well gaps. What do you guys recommend, i want it to sit low but not rediculous. I was also wondering if you can fit 235s on a 17 inch rim on the wrx with a lowered suspension. Sorry i know i should put this in a different forum, but im new i get at least one strike right?

i know you can fit 235's on my 18's, i imagine the 17's should fit them as well. ran into a yellow evo with 275' slicks all the way around!

Hey Polar whats your full set up, (suspension, rim size, tire size) you don't rub at all?

Originally posted by POLAR
    i know you can fit 235's on my 18's, i imagine the 17's should fit them as well. ran into a yellow evo with 275' slicks all the way around!
    i wish the wrx could handle big meats
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

congrats man. I sold my MKII supra for the down on my rex. not that the MKII was really that fast at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.