Beatable Cars
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beatable Cars within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This may have been covered, but did a search and didnt find what i wanted. If someone could make a ...

Beatable Cars

This may have been covered, but did a search and didnt find what i wanted.

If someone could make a list of cars that are beatable by the wrx from a 0-60 stop, and 1/4 mile stop that would be awesome. I am looking for this only because , then when some kid pulls up to me at a light, if i know my car is faster, no need to try and be macho and do something stupid.

Thanks.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should instead put the cars a WRX cant beat stock. The list would be smaller.

Vette
    Viper
    SRT-4
    EVO
    STI
    Camaro
    Lightning
    SRT-10
    Cobra
    and im tired of listing. Someone else can post up, theres plenty more.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Originally posted by skyjock41
    You should instead put the cars a WRX cant beat stock. The list would be smaller.

Vette
    Viper
    SRT-4
    EVO
    STI
    Camaro
    Lightning
    SRT-10
    Cobra
    and im tired of listing. Someone else can post up, theres plenty more.

1987 Buick Grand Nationals
    Syclone
    Typhoon
    Camaros mid 90's and later (the V6's are EASY prey)
    NSX
    Turbo RX7's 90's
    Turbo Supras mid 90's
    S2000
    350Z
    2001+ BMW M3
    Z4
    2004 WRX

Any recent benz with an AMG badge on the back
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

prolly any 500 benz would take it in the quarter, and in 0-60 times, unless the wrx launches magazine perfect.
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

ya there arent alot of exotic cars around my, or i mean, like supra's and stuff like that. There are the vette's, but just old men and they are harmless.

Im talking, what about like Turbo'd Civics, eclipse GTS or GT. and just typical cars that could be considered in the same class as us for the most part.

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    ya there arent alot of exotic cars around my, or i mean, like supra's and stuff like that. There are the vette's, but just old men and they are harmless.

Im talking, what about like Turbo'd Civics, eclipse GTS or GT. and just typical cars that could be considered in the same class as us for the most part.
    well that depends on what they have done to it. You never know if that turbo civic is running a tdo5 or a T-88.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

You should rape a Eclipse GT or GTS from the dig. From a roll it should be about even. Unless they have a RIPPS SC on it.

A 1g or 2g Eclipse will take you if it has mods. There are to many variables when it comes to racing. Your best bet is to start modding the WRX. Get upipe and TBE. Get some EM and new turbo then you can have less worries about being beat. A stock WRX is far from fast.
    04 BMW 325i

i wouldnt say there far from fast stock. There 1/4 mile is 14.1, where as a stock lancer is anywhere from a high 17 - 18. I would call that slow.

Sure its not evo or STi or porsche fast, but still, it can hold its own in many other ways a turbo'd civic cant touch.

71 Dodge Dart with a Big Block 440. Oh, did I say it only weighs 2900lbs.

haha alright. I guess maybe im approaching this all wrong. Lets take into consideration like all around how the car is compared to the cars in its price range. Ya i know a 70K benz will be alot faster, and it should be. But im talking cars under 30K like, ya the str4 is faster, but what about handling. And how about like civics with exhauast and lowered. We are still faster, and i would assume handle aton better.

Ive lost to a Civic hatch when i had uppipe and TBE. It was a freeway run from 60 on up. Topend is lacking until you start getting bigger snails.

That 14.1 is actually a 14.2 and let me know when you achieve it with a stock WRX.
    04 BMW 325i

haha alright. I guess maybe im approaching this all wrong. Lets take into consideration like all around how the car is compared to the cars in its price range. Ya i know a 70K benz will be alot faster, and it should be. But im talking cars under 30K like, ya the str4 is faster, but what about handling. And how about like civics with exhauast and lowered. We are still faster, and i would assume handle aton better.
    If you want to put it that way, then there are a butt load of cars that CAN be made faster...Just buy an old beater for 1K, and drop a 700HP GM crate motor into it....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Any Disel pick up with ECU and after market performance modifications. I have seen some pull 11's at the track with the stock turbo. A Dodge omni glh with basic BPU's. Modified SVO mustang or even the new dodge magnum station wagon and chrysler 300 C with the Hemmi.

I see what you are saying. Most of what you are going to encounter is very easy prey for the WRX. Most people who are willing to race on the street are younger and do not have that much cash to buy a fast car. A lot of what you will see are ricers. It never gets old schooling them. 99% of them are all show and no go. Watch out for that 1% though. Beware of American V8's. The ones out of the 80's are dog slow unless modified. Off the line with a 5k launch there is not much that will take you. EVO, STI, and various other high powered AWD cars will.
    2004 WRX

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.