Beatable Cars - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beatable Cars within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by StngStr 03 Cobra's are weak. You should be able to pull on out from a dig and ...

Quote Originally Posted by StngStr
    03 Cobra's are weak. You should be able to pull on out from a dig and a roll up to 150 or so.
    Oh yeah, the only chance they have is after my speedlimiter kicks in.
    Alex
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2fastwrx3112
    There are the vette's, but just old men and they are harmless.
    Oh really. I'm far from being harmless. You live in Naperville, maybe we could meet half way, just to see how harmless I could be.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by afpdl
    Oh yeah, the only chance they have is after my speedlimiter kicks in.
    speedlimiter?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    speedlimiter?
    STIs have them.
    Alex

I Support ClubWRX
    STIs have them.

Really? Whats the limit? I had an old Camaro that was limited @ 110mph, but I didn't know that they (car manu.) still used them
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

The srt-4 handles better stock, and civics can handle way better then imprezas.

No one can answer your question because you are asking about thousands of different combonations of different cars. There are pleanty of civics out there that are slower then stock wrxs in every way and there are pleanty more that are faster then stock wrxs in every way, except for possibly 60ft time.
    The SRT4 handles like a dog, I drove one for a month, my stock WRX has way more driver feel and pulls out of corners much faster when stock.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

And just about everytime I see a stock wrx at the track they are struggling to see 14.9s. Most drivers suck and are little indication of what a car can do in a 1/4mile. This includes myself.
    That's true alot of wrx drivers suck hard too. But once they finally get the balls to launch it they will destroy a s2000 daily. Your right though, most dudes on the track suck badly.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

How is the srt tranny compared to the wrx tranny? the wrx tranny was really notchy - i could never drive it
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Oo Joe 24 oO
    How is the srt tranny compared to the wrx tranny? the wrx tranny was really notchy - i could never drive it
    But you drive an rsx and on clubrsx.com they are trying to run a petition to sue Honda for their notchy tranny. Yet you can obviously drive a rsx?

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    But you drive an rsx and on clubrsx.com they are trying to run a petition to sue Honda for their notchy tranny. Yet you can obviously drive a rsx?
    Honda trannies in the rsx are hit or miss....Mine happens to be buttery smooth but your right, some of them are horrible.

Dude dont get upset - I wasnt trying to rank on the wrx, Im just stating facts. Its a really notchy transmission. I also have never driven an srt-4 so I was just wondering. Sorry to piss you off.
    2002 Electron Blue C5 Z06
    2003 Acura RSX Type S Turbo - 12.7@113 - Sold

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Wow old thread.
    Last edited by Death To Ricers; 05-16-2005 at 09:27 PM.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

I Support ClubWRX
    If by "notchy" you mean "crappy", I have to agree. But for daily driving and the occasional ricer thrashing, it's adequate, and I'm sure you would have no trouble driving it.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Honda trannies in the rsx are hit or miss....Mine happens to be buttery smooth but your right, some of them are horrible.

Dude dont get upset - I wasnt trying to rank on the wrx, Im just stating facts. Its a really notchy transmission. I also have never driven an srt-4 so I was just wondering. Sorry to piss you off.
    Nobody is pissed over here bro. Just stating the facts. My tranny is not buttery smooth, and can be notchy sometimes too. It's not really a big deal though, and it has held up to 78k miles on the original clutch with many-a 5k launches and at stg 2 too. It's all good man.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Nobody is pissed over here bro. Just stating the facts. My tranny is not buttery smooth, and can be notchy sometimes too. It's not really a big deal though, and it has held up to 78k miles on the original clutch with many-a 5k launches and at stg 2 too. It's all good man.

This thread is old but what the heck.... yes the tranny could be more smoother but it all depends on how smooth the driver is. I noticed that when I don't downshift when coming to a stop, right after that the shifts are notchier, however when downshifting it becomes much smoother. 1st gear is always notchy no matter what, as far as the handling goes, just today I decided to go for a spirited drive and at one point drifted around a corner and all I could say WOW that was fun. I have a wagon so it does have more body roll then I would like but its all up to how you the driver handle the car sometimes I feel like the suspension could use some moding but other times its pure brilliance.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

I own an SRT-4 and it is not a smooth transmission at all, its from a diesel truck in Europe or something like that. It is very strong though, so Id rather have that then smooth shifting. Changing the shifter, bushings, and tranny fluid helped a lot though. I like it. Also in stock form I think the WRX handles better, or at least feels better. I have done some suspension work and I can easily out handle a stock WRX. I grip very well now. Also a semi-funny story about civic handling. The other day I was driving normally on a twisty road (hairpin turns with a suggested speed limit of 15mph) when all of a sudden a **** civic pulls out behind me and starts tailgating me, I didnt speed up but my normal driving on that road is fairly fast (15mph turns at 50) and this civic is trying to keep up, I take this one turn and mercedes drives around the corner, I drive right past it, the civic undeersteers right into the back end and clips it and then spins out. Thats what he gets for being a dumbass, I wasnt even racing.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.