Beatable Cars - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beatable Cars within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; no matter what the weaknesses our cars have in no way do i see it being a "POS"...

no matter what the weaknesses our cars have in no way do i see it being a "POS"
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar

THE REX HANDLES GREAT!!

My 04 WRX handles better than my 1.8T Quattro A4

Re: THE REX HANDLES GREAT!!

Originally posted by persianpunisher
    My 04 WRX handles better than my 1.8T Quattro A4
    is that on stock tires?

my stock 04 handles well, but tires always screech. it scares me sometimes because its hard to tell what the limits are when they always screech. taking a right 90 degree turn at 25, the tires chirp a little, my 98 v6 camry doesnt even chirp at that speed.
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Z4

BMW Z4? 2.5 or 3.0?

The reason I ask, is because I've raced a 2.5 with a decent driver from a 25MPH roll in my Celica, and he made no headway until I shifted into 4th around 85... and as far as I know, the 3.0 wasn't more than a little less than a second faster. Which, IMO, shouldn't beat a WRX. Not from a stop, anyway.

What do they look like, 1/4 time and trap speeds?
    Edit: Nevermind, I didn't see the list above.
    Last edited by Aracheon; 07-14-2004 at 07:05 AM.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Registered User persianpunisher's Avatar

Yep, stock tires on WRX

My A4s tires always screeched when doing 90 degrees at 25, even 20 sometimes

ya i notice this alot too - does it have something to do with awd? B/c i know my lancer wouldnt screech the tires around corners where the wrx does. THe rex feels more stable, just screetches the tires.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's the tires, not the platform. Screeching is good as it lets you know when you are nearing the break away point. Unless your tires are underinflated, then screeching is bad.

Swith to a race slick or an R compound tire. You'll see your cornering speeds go way up and they are much harder to "screech" <---look...turned it into a noun.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004SilverWRX
    1987 Buick Grand Nationals (GNX) non GNX=non-turbo
    Syclone
    Typhoon
    Camaros mid 90's and later (the V6's are EASY prey)
    NSX
    Turbo RX7's 90's
    Turbo Supras mid 90's
    S2000
    350Z
    2001+ BMW M3
    Z4
    Revive-a-roonie
    Last edited by timber; 05-16-2005 at 02:30 PM.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by afpdl
    I never said actually said stock but there are a few stock civics that will handle better stock. Such as the si's. Its not really that surprizing civic is a smaller car, double wishbone suspension all around, and lighter. The only way it would handle worse is a very tame shock spring set up.

But if you paid 27k for a wrx yes you did waste alot, you can get them for 22k out the door with 5 miles on the odo.
    I paid $27K for my 2005 WRX out the door (invoice $25,325) then you have to add taxes and all the stupid charges. I looked up the invoice on KBB.com and it was the same i got my car for so are you telling me getting a 2005 WRX for invoice is getting ripped off? I did get mine only a month after the 05s came out also.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 05-16-2005 at 03:19 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied
    Wow, you spent way too much on that car. You could have got an Evo for that price. And yes a stock Evo > a stock WRX.
    Your smoking some good s^%t if you think any stock civic can hang with a wrx stock for stock. My wifes 99 si will destroy (and has done so) any stock 02+ si and my rex when it was stock blows her away in the corners, with the stock re92's on. The current si's handle like crap, their tires suck a%%. Oh and the front suspension is NOT a double wishbone design hommie, they are mcpherson struts.
    WRX are great handling cars, and will smash many-a-cars in the corners in the real world where there are things like bumps, sticks, stones, puddles, dust, and dirt etc. A wrx just pulls through this stuff like it isn't even there, where my wifes si almost crashes. On a perfect track some cars can catch it in the cones, but on the road things can be much different. Very few cars inspire so much confidence on the road, and twisties such as just a stock wrx. If you mod it things just multiply. Anyone who says a rex is far from fast needs stop driving there Ferrari Enzo so much and come down to Earth. A 14.1-2 is fast period. Anytime you can run with an 87 Testarossa you can consider yourself fast. Un- beatable no. Fast yes. Oh and whomever said that a stock s2000 is faster in the 1/4 is seroiusly lost. I smoked so many of those overated civics, it was becoming boring.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Your smoking some good s^%t if you think any stock civic can hang with a wrx stock for stock. My wifes 99 si will destroy (and has done so) any stock 02+ si and my rex when it was stock blows her away in the corners, with the stock re92's on. The current si's handle like crap, their tires suck a%%. Oh and the front suspension is NOT a double wishbone design hommie, they are mcpherson struts.
    WRX are great handling cars, and will smash many-a-cars in the corners in the real world where there are things like bumps, sticks, stones, puddles, dust, and dirt etc. A wrx just pulls through this stuff like it isn't even there, where my wifes si almost crashes. On a perfect track some cars can catch it in the cones, but on the road things can be much different. Very few cars inspire so much confidence on the road, and twisties such as just a stock wrx. If you mod it things just multiply. Anyone who says a rex is far from fast needs stop driving there Ferrari Enzo so much and come down to Earth. A 14.1-2 is fast period. Anytime you can run with an 87 Testarossa you can consider yourself fast. Un- beatable no. Fast yes. Oh and whomever said that a stock s2000 is faster in the 1/4 is seroiusly lost. I smoked so many of those overated civics, it was becoming boring.
    I agree with most of that except for the S2000 part. They're way, way more than "overated (sic) civics" and they can and do beat stock WRXs in the 1/4 mile. The S2000 is a true sports car and it's superbly engineered.
    Last edited by Integra96; 05-16-2005 at 04:03 PM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I agree with most of that except for the S2000 part. They're way, way more than "overated (sic) civics" and they can and do beat stock WRXs in the 1/4 mile. The S2000 is a true sports car and it's superbly engineered.
    Anytime I have seen one on a track they seriously struggle to get in the mid 14's. they have a very hard time taking off without frying the clutch. With a perfect launch they can equal a rex according to Car & Driver, but in the real world I have smoked three hard stock. they were not even close because they cannot launch. From a homo roll however, it would be very different. Just do the math, 240hp v's 227hp, rwd v's awd. Not much more to say ey?
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I paid $27K for my 2005 WRX out the door (invoice $25,325) then you have to add taxes and all the stupid charges. I looked up the invoice on KBB.com and it was the same i got my car for so are you telling me getting a 2005 WRX for invoice is getting ripped off? I did get mine only a month after the 05s came out also.
    That post is a year old, I dont know what they cost now but last year you could walk out the door minus $23-24K and take a new wrx with you. KBB is typically high on everything from new price to trade in.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Anytime I have seen one on a track they seriously struggle to get in the mid 14's.
    And just about everytime I see a stock wrx at the track they are struggling to see 14.9s. Most drivers suck and are little indication of what a car can do in a 1/4mile. This includes myself.
    Alex

03 Cobra's are weak. You should be able to pull on out from a dig and a roll up to 150 or so.
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.