T3/t4 Srt-4.... - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on T3/t4 Srt-4.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I run mine knock free with 100 octane at 26 psi on the base stage 2 map with injector scaling ...

I run mine knock free with 100 octane at 26 psi on the base stage 2 map with injector scaling set to 600cc on stock tmic. So I'm sure 28-30 psi is possible.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ilivas
    I run mine knock free with 100 octane at 26 psi on the base stage 2 map with injector scaling set to 600cc on stock tmic. So I'm sure 28-30 psi is possible.
    26PSI??????

Shheeesh! And I get nervous when the boost needle hits 19psi on my boost guage with my 1820 during a highway pissing session

guess I need to grow some balls and get used to the fact that it is okay to run so much boost
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

I think a benefit of the new 1820 is the massive power you can get at low boost. The 18g on the other hand, doesnt really wake up till 20-22 psi.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ilivas
    I think a benefit of the new 1820 is the massive power you can get at low boost. The 18g on the other hand, doesnt really wake up till 20-22 psi.
    Yup. The newer version 1820's make gobs of power on low boost! I made 310whp/296wft-lbs at 19psi on my 1820. It was a great turbo and felt like it hit harder than my xs450 (it was definitely slower though). As you can see from 13src's car, at 20-21 psi the 18g is just starting to wake up and then from there it can keep going. My turbo acts the same way, just on a slightly larger scale I guess....

For the boost-phobic among us, the 1820 is probably the best turbo you can get. But if you're willing to run more boost, it can leave you wanting more.....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Midknight is absolutely right. My 21 psi map is run pretty aggressive but my 25 psi map is very conservitive. I'm pretty sure I could on some good solid 100 octane make 350-370 whp right now at that same boost level w/an agressive tune. Its got alot of potential and your 20 g has even more...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.