03' WRX vs. Supra MKIV

This is a discussion on 03' WRX vs. Supra MKIV within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I lost, but that's obvious. I'm stock and he, I'm guessing, was a single turbo, MKIV. What impressed me was ...

03' WRX vs. Supra MKIV

I lost, but that's obvious. I'm stock and he, I'm guessing, was a single turbo, MKIV.

What impressed me was the sound that thing made as it passed me. It was as if satan had ripped the ground open, jumped out and screamed in my ear. Sort of a jet fighter crossed with a locamotive type sound.

It was like a gorilla beating on a 3 year old.

I'm going to get one of those cars someday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    HAHA I got my ass handed to me one day by a MKIV supra and the thing sounded a lot like what you described. I actually described it more as the sound a demon would make before it ate your soul, but your description is good as well!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Excellent use of imagery!

It was like a gorilla beating on a 3 year old. HAHAHA Thats some funny sh1t.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

If I may ask, what Turbo do does puppys run?

Single turbo Supras sound bbbbbadass... even better when they get on the nitrous... like vacuum cleaners on steroids!

Originally posted by jonik
    If I may ask, what Turbo do does puppys run?
    T78, T88-H, Gt40's, TO4R...in otherwords, big ones.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

I Support ClubWRX
    I read this post earlier today, and I followed a completely stock MKIV off of the freeway on my way home from work. It was a guy in his 40's. And guess what? We got lined up at a light. I got those little butterflys in my stomach, the ones you get just before a fight or a race. I gave him a thumbs up and a rev. He looked at my wheels. Then I took off cautiously in first, put it into second. He kinda punched it in second, I went WOT in the rest of second, went into third, looked back, and he already gave up.

GOD DAMN IT!!!! I cannot get a race to go past second gear. I don't know whats wrong. I need a good street race to calm my nerves. Even if I get humbled.

Those supras are sickly fast, i have an 1988 Turbo Supra thats sitting in my driveway with a blown headgasket, i just ordered a 2005 crystal grey metallic WRX should be here in august. My 88 supra ran a 13.9@103mph with 180k miles before it died, and pretty much that was just with an exhaust and a manual boost controller running the stock turbo never rebuilt, but of course thats no comparison to the MKIV's those things are just insane.