got beat by a cobra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on got beat by a cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i raced a 2003 svt cobra we raced twice.. of a stop we had a flagger.. heres the take on ...

Banned

got beat by a cobra

i raced a 2003 svt cobra we raced twice.. of a stop we had a flagger.. heres the take on the race:

note: my sti is stock
    and the cobra claims that its stock(but he sounds like he is supercharge or shotting nos) but yea he claims to be stock

first race
    on the launch i beat him about a car he was at my rear bumper, second gear he was still at my rear door, third gear he was ahead by maybe two feet(i was at his door), fourth gear he was gone maybe about 2 car ahead and kept pulling away..

second race same result..

man how fast are these cobras?
    can they actually beat the sti from a stop or the guy is bull****ting me sayin that its stock?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2003 cobra has a stock supercharger. so you both are correct he IS stock and he DOES have a supercharger. They have 390 horsepower 390 lbs. of torque and I'm suprised he didn't take you by more.
    Last edited by adam3482p; 07-01-2004 at 04:42 AM.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

howd u not know they had a stock supercharger?
    hehe
    well, the cobras are really fast
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

How do I know he had a stock supercharger? Thats EASY! He did not kill you by 3 bus lengths.... Heehhe!

The Kenne Bell SC upgrade puts down around 700+ to the wheels.... You would know...

That race is about EXACTLY what I would expect from a STOCK 03 Cobra (4.6L V8, Supercharger, 32 valves, 6 spd, IRS). They put down about 360 RWHP in stock form. MOst hit 370+ RWHP with just a K&N and over 400 with exhuast.

The 03/04 Cobra with a good driver should beat the STI off the line most of the time. It should be a VERY close race to 60, then the Cobra should start to walk slowly, followed by a jog and then run away over 120....

Thats the BEST and MOST ACCURATE depiction of an STi vs Cobra race I've seen....

Nice!

03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

My friend has a 91 rs camero and put a 5.7L fuel injection LT1 in it (almost cried at the condition of the Vette it came out of). But we came up on a 03 Cobra one night sitting at a red light that had a fuel cell hanging down in the back. I wanted to see him bust our ass so I said, "Cory, dont let him know you want to race and dont rev it so he knows your not stock. Just when light turns green stomp it." We caught him off guard and took off from the light. That lasted for about 3 seconds as I heard what sounded like...like....like I dont know what it sounded like, but it was so loud I didnt hear the supercharger or exhaust, just the engine that was sooo loud it made my whole body quiver like a F14 doing a low pass overhead. We didnt even get out of first(remember we caught him off guard) before he flew by us I swear at least 20 mph faster than we were going. I have only those few seconds and the sweet smell of race gas to remember this by. There is no way he was stock.

2000 Yamaha R6
    111.1hp@wheel

Join the club...We all have been beat by em...I never raced from a dig though. I would expect to win from a dig. But from a roll, I'm not quite there yet. Good loss, no shame there. They get faster as the mph get higher !
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I dont race 03 cobras, i usually give em thumbs up on the badass ride
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Banned
    damn i guess thats my first real lost...
    damn them cobras.
    wat mod u think i need?
    to walk over that cobra

Will be real hard to keep up if starts to mod his car.

A turbo back exhaust, engine management, mbc.....That might do it from a dig but from a roll...bigger turbo.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I have a friend with a modded cobra, very, very fast car, sounds sooooo mean. Needs a solid rear end though.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

my friend got one recently with an intake and exhaust done to it. it sounds so purty
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

So My friend tells me that the aluminum fuel cell is a stock option???

2000 Yamaha R6
    111.1hp@wheel

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    ...and then run away over 120....
    Now, is that just your guess or have you actually seen that happen?

Kevin
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

i raced one about 1 week ago, you can tell they have a s/c by the loud wine they put out when they get on the gas. He pulled on me until i hit 3500rpms, then i left him behind. It wasnt fair though, he thought i was stock. He had a pulley, catback and X pipe.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.