got beat by a cobra - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on got beat by a cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At the Track, I've seen STOCK 03 Cobras with excellent drivers do anywhere from 12.6 to 12.8s! Average drivers 13 ...

At the Track, I've seen STOCK 03 Cobras with excellent drivers do anywhere from 12.6 to 12.8s! Average drivers 13 flat to low 13's.

This car is reported to do 0 - 60 in 4.6 secs and 13 flat on average so if you think it wasn't stock.. think again.. IT IS STOCK!

And on the roll, forget it man... WRXs (unless with the right mods) really get there times from a good launch.. not pulling hard from 60 to 110mph like a Cobra does.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

STOCK 03 Cobra > OR = STOCK STi

They are VERY close. I owned an 03 Cobra and my best friend has an STi. They are very close in performance when stock.

IF, you own an STi AND IF you race a 03/04 SC'd Cobra AND you are CLOSE by 100 MPH, the 03 Cobra is MOST DEFINATELY STOCK.

The difference between a modded 03 Cobra and a Stock 03 Cobra is completely NIGHT AND DAY!!!

Hence, if you get slaughtered by an 03 Cobra in your STi... I MEAN SLAUGHTERED (like 3 buses) then he was modded and probably runs 10.9's to 11.9's... Depending on driver, mods, and traction.

I can NOT begin to tell you how VIOLENT and powerfull mhy Cobra was with only CB exhaust, Chip, pulley. It was SICK! Again, I nailed a 1.89 60' on stock rubber, 12.0 @ 118 with only 3 tries and bad shifts... The car is sick....

VERY easy for me to believe a stock STi takes a stock 03 Cobra. I dont have problems with that. The STi is a very capable car.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

VERY easy for me to believe a stock STi takes a stock 03 Cobra. I dont have problems with that. The STi is a very capable car. [/B][/QUOTE]

But if the Cobra 03 has a excellent driver... they can hit 12.6s when everything goes right.. Stock! And no Stock STI (in america that is) can do that with an excellent driver.

13.0 is just an average in the magazine... there's a .3 sec deviation and .5 sec in 0 - 60 times usually.

Make that clutch sing baby!

Re: Re: Re: got beat by a cobra

Originally posted by DownSTi
    well u better believe it cuz it happened, and plus u sound like ur magazine racing right there, to run a stock 03 cobra to 12's is very very very very ****in hard, and sti runs 13 flat with proven time slips and some even hit 12.9 stock with a ****in very very vey good driving. and plus anything can happen in street racing rite? so yea... fast or slow driver still counts.. im jus telling my tale about my race so dont bull **** me about how i should of lost by a ****in bus lenght...

peace .. hahahha
    i am not a mag race at all. I have seen cobras run from 12.5-14.0 stock becuase not everybody knows how to alunch. Yes you probably can get a better 60 foot in the sti but a cobra traps 110-113 (btw i saw a guy with a stock cobra very good driver he is running 12.5-12.9 all day with a trap spped of 111-113 mph all day. so dont tell me i am using the mags time). From what i see at the track stis trap from 99-103 with a very good driver. You got to be kidding 103 mph vs 112 mph . And people say they beat a cobra all the way to 80 give me a break i dont think these cobras were racing. Like i said before untill 60 i can beleive that an sti can beat a cobra but after that he should pull on you like crazy unless he is still spinning. Youre right also it depends on the driver. And no its not hard to run in the 12s in the cobra, for a bigginer its hard. but according to the trap speeds the cobras produce its hard to believe that stis are beating or keeping up with them all the way to 80 or even 100. Anything is possible though.

Edit: How many of you sti guys trap at 110-113? i know there are some but with a lot of mods.
    Last edited by audirs6; 07-12-2004 at 12:12 PM.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Exactly... Get rid of the driver and go by the absolute car potential in the 1/4.. cobra wins hands down. No Sti is trapping that speed stock. Not in America anyway

I hate to have to point this out but...without a driver, a Cobra won't go very far. Neither will an STi. Best stats are ONLY achieved by excellent drivers, and most aren't excellent. The driver is absolutely crucial. I can buy a well-driven STi beating a poorly driven Cobra. Pointing at the driver and saying things SHOULD or COULD be one way is completely meaningless if they weren't that way. If you finish first, you finish first. It doesn't matter if the loss is due to poor driving or mechanics--it's still a loss.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    I hate to have to point this out but...without a driver, a Cobra won't go very far. Neither will an STi. Best stats are ONLY achieved by excellent drivers, and most aren't excellent. The driver is absolutely crucial. I can buy a well-driven STi beating a poorly driven Cobra. Pointing at the driver and saying things SHOULD or COULD be one way is completely meaningless if they weren't that way. If you finish first, you finish first. It doesn't matter if the loss is due to poor driving or mechanics--it's still a loss.

RN
    You don't get... The Cobra is the faster car potentially... do you know what potential means... it means that it is capable of ..
    if you took the 2 best drivers in the world.. or the same driver for both cars under the same conditions... he could get the best times with the Cobra.. not the STi.. hence.. the cobra potentially is the faster car in the 1/4. IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO GO FASTER THEN THE STi .. get it now ? And besides.. I don't know of any 100%stock STi doing 12's... A 100% stock Cobra is capable hitting mid 12's... a 100 % stock STi isn't

I know what you mean about drivers in the "real world sense" .. but i'm talking about potential here.

Originally posted by NightShifter
    You don't get... The Cobra is the faster car potentially... do you know what potential means... it means that it is capable of ..
    if you took the 2 best drivers in the world.. or the same driver for both cars under the same conditions... he could get the best times with the Cobra.. not the STi.. hence.. the cobra potentially is the faster car in the 1/4. IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO GO FASTER THEN THE STi .. get it now ? And besides.. I don't know of any 100%stock STi doing 12's... A 100% stock Cobra is capable hitting mid 12's... a 100 % stock STi isn't

I know what you mean about drivers in the "real world sense" .. but i'm talking about potential here.
    Potential is meaningless unless you achieve it consistently. The fact that STi's have won shows that potential is not always achieved. 100% stock STi's have hit 12s. Read up more to find more information on the subject.

Show me a Cobra with no driver that can beat an STi with a bad driver. Potential is useless unless it can be fully used. A Cobra has the POTENTIAL to beat an STi but if it has no driver and the STi only has a bad driver, the potential has become meaningless since it cannot achieve it.

Until all drivers are perfect and all cars achieve their full potential all the time, coming up with excuses and whining about potential is meaningless and stupid. A skateboard can beat an STi in the right conditions. The STi's potential can mean nothing if not properly used.

RN

EDIT: Oh, and I do "get it." Read my post for understanding, not response.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Whatever, the 8 second Lingenfelter Ultimate corvette still 0wns all of you as a street car. there must be a vette owner somewhere on this board. Go plop down 50 grand for the kit and make everyone put up or shut up
    '03 white rex

Originally posted by renichms
    Potential is meaningless unless you achieve it consistently. The fact that STi's have won shows that potential is not always achieved. 100% stock STi's have hit 12s. Read up more to find more information on the subject.

Show me a Cobra with no driver that can beat an STi with a bad driver. Potential is useless unless it can be fully used. A Cobra has the POTENTIAL to beat an STi but if it has no driver and the STi only has a bad driver, the potential has become meaningless since it cannot achieve it.

Until all drivers are perfect and all cars achieve their full potential all the time, coming up with excuses and whining about potential is meaningless and stupid. A skateboard can beat an STi in the right conditions. The STi's potential can mean nothing if not properly used.

RN

EDIT: Oh, and I do "get it." Read my post for understanding, not response.
    also the cobra is soo much faster that it would have to be more then a bad driver for an sti to beat it. It has to be driver error like being in fourth instead of 2nd.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

[QUOTE]Originally posted by renichms
    [B]Potential is meaningless unless you achieve it consistently. The fact that STi's have won shows that potential is not always achieved. 100% stock STi's have hit 12s. Read up more to find more information on the subject.

RN

I don't think you're apprehending this at all... the bottom line is this;

The Cobra can achieve a lower 1/4 mile time then a STi. The Cobra has that potential period. Yes, a lot of it depends on the driver.
    But, under the best of conditions with the best of drivers, the Cobra will achieve the lower score. Get over it... or buy a Viper

Originally posted by audirs6
    also the cobra is soo much faster that it would have to be more then a bad driver for an sti to beat it. It has to be driver error like being in fourth instead of 2nd.

Being at the track every thursday night, I have yet to see a stock STi take a Stock 03 Cobra if all goes well for both drivers. Thus both drivers being very good. And watching the best times of both cars (stock) over the year, the Cobra did a 12.62 and the STi did 13.10. The lowest times i've seen at the track. But the half axle snapped on this one Cobra .. that really sucked

Or 2nd to 3rd miss ...

I had a 2001 Cobra. Stock my best time was 13.51 @ 104.1 mph

A skateboard can beat an STi in the right conditions. The STi's potential can mean nothing if not properly used.

But still the STi is potentially faster then a Woahdude on a skateboard See for yourself

Yeah, under the right conditions a BB gun can do more harm
    then a 44 magnum But a 44 magnum has the potential to blow your head clean off; the BB gun doesn't...

(now don't get creative with BB Guns)
    Last edited by NightShifter; 07-13-2004 at 06:35 AM.

Originally posted by NightShifter
    Being at the track every thursday night, I have yet to see a stock STi take a Stock 03 Cobra if all goes well for both drivers. Thus both drivers being very good. And watching the best times of both cars (stock) over the year, the Cobra did a 12.62 and the STi did 13.10. The lowest times i've seen at the track. But the half axle snapped on this one Cobra .. that really sucked

Or 2nd to 3rd miss ...

I had a 2001 Cobra. Stock my best time was 13.51 @ 104.1 mph
    lol that is the same as my stock 01 cobra hahaha... i had a 2.0 60' on that run. But someone i know got a 1.8 60 and he rana 13.1 in his stock 01 cobra... this is non supercharged... with 70 less HP... now a 13.1 isnt common, but the 13.5 seems about average with a descent driver. i just think it's funny you had the same time as I did.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by mike01svt
    lol that is the same as my stock 01 cobra hahaha... i had a 2.0 60' on that run. But someone i know got a 1.8 60 and he rana 13.1 in his stock 01 cobra... this is non supercharged... with 70 less HP... now a 13.1 isnt common, but the 13.5 seems about average with a descent driver. i just think it's funny you had the same time as I did.
    I raced a guy that was doing 13.1s in a 2001.. Everything was stock except one thing... he was using Drag Radials
    Nobody payed attention because from a distance you wouldn't notice. But I did notice how he took off from start, and that wasn't possible with stock tires. The Burnout also gave it away
    We all know we don't do burnouts with stock radials now do we...
    well.. most of us

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast