got beat by a cobra - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on got beat by a cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Red Rocket Now, is that just your guess or have you actually seen that happen? Kevin not ...

Originally posted by Red Rocket
    Now, is that just your guess or have you actually seen that happen?

Kevin
    not sure if this is the same, but when I was stock I ran away from the evo8 at 100+ i just kept pulling from him. I think they have about the same HP as you all +/- 20
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by adam3482p
    So My friend tells me that the aluminum fuel cell is a stock option???
    No.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

A local guy with a heavily modded 03 WRX beat a modded 03 Cobra (pulley, DRs) from a stop.

Then the Cobra guy locked his keys in his car, with the gas light on and the engine running.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Originally posted by Aracheon
    A local guy with a heavily modded 03 WRX beat a modded 03 Cobra (pulley, DRs) from a stop.

Then the Cobra guy locked his keys in his car, with the gas light on and the engine running.

that sucks
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Well at least he didnt lose a full tank of gas with the car running....could've been a full tank....and of 110 race gas
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

sup sean, don't feel bad about losing to 03 snake man. those thing haul a**.

btw, i'll call you once i have the time to run you.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Especially from a roll, you should expect to lose to a 2003+ Cobra unless you're pretty well modified. All accounts I see put stock whp at 370+, and those numbers leap with mods.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Banned
    yea well thats my first big lost.. but soon i will get my damn revenge on them cobras.

Read this.

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...03/cobra03.htm

Click on the 2.4L version link below.

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Well at least he didnt lose a full tank of gas with the car running....could've been a full tank....and of 110 race gas
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Cobra guy had 110 in his car. This guy drives with drag radials on his car on almost a daily basis. I don't think he ever takes them off on the weekends.
    Chris

1999 Integra LS

AIM: Aracheon

Originally posted by Aracheon
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Cobra guy had 110 in his car. This guy drives with drag radials on his car on almost a daily basis. I don't think he ever takes them off on the weekends.
    LOL that would be expensive as hell... i drive with drag radials on mine, i cant imagine filling up with 110 each time $$$$
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

most cobras run around with drag radials on them
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

Sounds like you did pretty good. You need to get a little better jump on him off the line to beat him in a full 1/4 mile.

From your description of the race, you beat him up to 60mph or so. You were still holding your ground pretty good through 3rd gear (75mph or so) and then he just left you on the top end. Not bad.

I had a pretty similar race against a modded 03 Cobra. I beat him off the line and stayed out in front of him up to about 80mph. Then he just walked away from me.

Originally posted by Red Rocket
    Now, is that just your guess or have you actually seen that happen?

Kevin
    YEs that does happen it will rape an sti up top
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

Originally posted by Shangsta
    YEs that does happen it will rape an sti up top

btw, what can the sti do... mods wise to run with the cobra... like mine for example? not in the 1/4.. like a freeway run. a new turbo, injectors... or do they just crank up the boost on the stock setup?
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.