emberassed by 2002 transam, killed GTI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on emberassed by 2002 transam, killed GTI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced my friends 2002 transam...actually its just a girl i know, sometimes talk to her, good gal. Anyways, she ...

emberassed by 2002 transam, killed GTI

I raced my friends 2002 transam...actually its just a girl i know, sometimes talk to her, good gal. Anyways, she is driving her friends 2002 transam, and she says its stock. I had high hopes that i would keep up with her well since not too long ago i raced an SS and kept up ahead of it till 90+. Anyways, we line up, take off. I jump her by a car and a half pretty ez. Shift into 2nd, and shes already starting to pull HARD. At 65 mph, she jogged past me. We shut down at about 80 and she was 2 cars ahead already. This transam was auto. Im not sure if it was a factory freak, or if my car is just...that slow. But i was mad. I felt like a little biatch getting my butt kicked by my dad . Was all in fun. But i felt like a helpless redheaded steph child. Oh well, all i got is the uppipe and downpipe, maybe ill do better after the MBC...SHRUG. Im trying to find another Transam to race, im hoping that thing was slightly modded or factory freak, but im really afraid it might be stock. In which case, i have ALOT of catching up to do. There is just no way that i can keep up with one of those things after 60, their power in the top end is amazing to say the least, damn that big V8 on a RWD car, tear .

Cool thing is, later that night i raced a brand new GTI (stock). I played with that thing. First race, i let him get the jump, wanted to be fair, then i flored it once he got 2 cars ahead, and i came flying by him, and by 95 i had 4 cars on him. Then we raced again, and i launched on him, poor guy didnt have a chance, i felt bad. I think he felt the same way i did when i raced that Transam. Anyways, the 2nd race i had about 7-10 cars on him by 100, it wasnt that fun . I just hope he never tries to race a Transam or similar LS1, he will probably try to commit suicide, haha.

Out,
    Bobby D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't fell bad about the TransAm, they are god-awful-fast cars!

As for the GTI, nice kill!

-Jim

Thumbs up

Good kill on the GTI.
    BTW at least you aren't a freckled faced, red headed, stepchild. LOL
    Pete
    Blitz Turbo Timer, TurboXS mbc, uppipe, Samco intercooler hoses, TurboXS Unichip (stage 1), TurboXS intake, Vishnu downpipe.

320hp.. what did you expect? They run mid 13's or lower stock, while ours run mid to low 14's. They trap in at about 100mph, so it is good that you stopped after 80 because it will pull even harder after that.
    Time for some mods.

Since you already have a up-pipe and downpip get a MBC and a unichip then run that Trans Am again. See what kind of gains you make.
    Last edited by EIonJess; 07-27-2002 at 12:19 PM.

You are going to need a lot of mods to keep up to that car Some trans-am's have run 12.9 stock, usually a mid to low 13 sec car with a good driver and tracking

Rob

Originally posted by RobPA
    You are going to need a lot of mods to keep up to that car Some trans-am's have run 12.9 stock, usually a mid to low 13 sec car with a good driver and tracking

Rob
    True probably gonna need to get a VF30 and a FMIC. Get a shot of NOS also.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.