LOST...Mustang knowers...view please - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on LOST...Mustang knowers...view please within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Wannabe The word of the day is heads. Took Larry about 6 months to complete them. The ...

Originally posted by Wannabe

The word of the day is heads.

Took Larry about 6 months to complete them. The car ran 8.30 in the quarter. No blower, no turbo, no juice. Just heads.

Thanks for the info...that was an interesting read
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think he bought all his stuff form trickflow...good info thanks.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

TrickFlow stuff is very average in performance upgrades. They are an inexpensive way to get decent power. But definitely not a monster.
    I think Dirk was a Sonoco guy. Probably Red. So the (R+M)/2 on that is 116 octane. No real sure. But I can ask next time I see him. 8.30 is not bad for a door car with a 351. We had one great night at the track. We were the two fastest cars at the track for a friday night. We decided to kill the bracket idea and run heads up best of three. That was a cool evening. The crowd really liked the Ford -vs- Chevy match race.

check out DSS racing, you can forgo all the bullsh!t boltons, and go right to a built block, thats bulletproof (capable of 600-1400hp). Its a mustang owners dream site. Order the low compression motors if you feel the need to turbocharge, supercharge, or spray the piss out of the new block. Of course your gonna have to spend 2g-5g Most of the potent setups use Trick flow twisted wedge R heads. but thats cheap considering the quality.

www.dssracing.com
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

yeah 5.0's can be made wickedly fast for little $$$ I know a guy that bought a fox that ran poorly for $1000 but it had a good body Then spent 10K on engine suspension ect and he was able to dip into the 10's
    Subaru - We actually do the **** that Audi has been bragging about for 20 years. Quitters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123