My stage 4 vs "200 plus" C5

This is a discussion on My stage 4 vs "200 plus" C5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well last night was probably one of my best encounters. Every sunday here in Altoona PA there is a car ...

My stage 4 vs "200 plus" C5

Well last night was probably one of my best encounters. Every sunday here in Altoona PA there is a car show/meet so i was out in my new weekend car a 1999 plymoth prowler when i saw an entire group of ls1's including 2 regular stock c5's and a bunch of ss's and ws6's. They were out cruising the main strip back and forth so i drove home to get the suby. Now ive been eyeing down this this black c5 with huge quad borla exhaust tips slammed to the ground with nice thick 5 spoke chrome rims and a beautiful big brake upgrade with sloted and crosdrilled rotors and red brembo calipers for almost a year and i finally got to line up with it. This guys license plate says "200 plus" so i pull even with him at around 45 and smile at the guy and he smiles back. i told him "show me 200 plus" and he imediately down shifts and at the same time i follow suit into 2nd and as soon as i hear his engine begin to roar i floored the car.. he imediately took about a fender lead and we stayed even through 2nd and 3rd untill he shifted into 4th gear at around 90mph at this point i was still at the top of fourth and imediately realed in the fender length and started to pull... at 100 we shut down with me maybe a foot or two at the most in front. i was so shocked that i stayed even with him, maybe even pulled a lil bit. now i know if we would have kept going i would have got owned in the top end but it was still a satisfying run.. the best one ive ever had in my vf 30 equiped scoob. i wonder what other mods he had besides the borla? ive never had a good run at the drag strip so im not sure what i would trap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    i thought that c5 realy could not do more than 190 mph no matter what hp they have
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Thumbs up

Nice race! Way to stick up for Scooby pride!

200+ C5 article

205 mph in a vert

Not sure on the BS factor on the guy who got the ticket for going 205 mph, but with enough money and enough HP, you can bet a C5 can reach the 200 mph mark.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I personally know of two C5's that have hit the 200+ mark. It is not that hard for the car to hit that speed (modified of course).

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

Car and Driver turned an average (both directions of the road), radar determined speed of 223mph in the lingenfelter TT C5. So it's definitely possible, but who knows in this guys case.

VV

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Great run against a tough car.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

A leingenfelter Vette isnt your average bear. The TT they tested had around $100,000 into it. So it most likly had a different set up inside the trans than stock. It's sub 2 sec 0 to 60 run makes me want it real bad. Hopefully they will loose their value over the years untill I can afford one.

Nick
    Hummer Open Top
    Dodge Viper ACR

It's not that hard for a C5 to go pass 200 mph, it has really good aerodynamics. My friend has a few videos of him doing 190+ mph and one 180mph run that was done on the Las Vegas blvd (in mexico of course!). His car had exhaust, air filter, and headers. Now he has a Z06 with heads/cam but the gearing is all wrong for top speed now.

Good Kill BTw.
    Rice Mullet

Nice run.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.