civic hatchback with nos gets owned - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on civic hatchback with nos gets owned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by gryphon This whole thread is styoopid. Not the WRX vs. Civic Turbo w/ nitrous. No, that's a ...

Originally posted by gryphon
    This whole thread is styoopid.

Not the WRX vs. Civic Turbo w/ nitrous. No, that's a valid debate and we could list the things for both sides.

The stupidity is the "he's lying" ... "no he's not". Who cares?
    WOW 7 rolleyes!!!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Initial-d~4life's Avatar
    Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    They raced from a roll, so weight is less of a factor and so is hooking up. How many people were in the Civic?

RSXRacer200, I have called for your execution. You act like a twelve year old, spell like a ten year old and offer nothing constructive to our forum. Enjoy your remaining days on clubwrx.net, they are numbered.

-Jim

there were 2 people in the civic

Registered User Initial-d~4life's Avatar

i only posted this story so people can read and have a little joy in there life like i do when i read about the wrx owning other cars. But if some of you dont want to belive me its alright i dont realy care cause i was there and my 2 buddies was there and thats all that counts plus its on video. I am not a computer wiz or anythinglike that and the camera is not mine (excuses i know) but iam gonna try to see if my bud has all the cables so i can possible put it on my comp so you non belivers out there can see the light. Either way it was all in the name of fun, to bad some people just dont see it like that.

I think there is entirely too much speculation going on with this thread for anyone to really have a valid argument for or against initial d.

RSXRicer200, you're making the giant assumption that the civic did an engine swap. How can you make such a bold-faced assumption with no proof?! I don't know what part of jersey you live in, but most of the turbo-ed civics I've seen in Jersey have not done engine swaps. I ask them why (because i agree, if you're gonna do it, don't do it half-assed) and usually they either don't have the tools to do it and/or they don't have the cash.

I'm not saying this story is bs and i'm not saying it isn't. All I know is that from what the original post says, no N2O was sprayed on the first run. And the second run when N2O was used, the civic driver missed a shift.

So is it possible that this really happened? Absolutely.
    Is it possible that this is a giant load? Absolutely. Only one person on here really knows. And if he says it happened, I have no reason to doubt him.

Hmmmm

I'm new on this board, been reading for a month or so, but I have to speak up about Hondas. I've been street racing since before the "scene" exploded (and now seems to have died down a bit), mid-80's. I've spent the last 10 years in San Diego racing anything that wanted to go and there are PLENTY of Honda's out there that would have no problem with a WRX or modded one. Not sure about the rest of the country or what is currently going on in SD but a few years back just about every honda that wanted to go had a swap. You can do easy 13's with the right swap and that combo was easily obtained in NA form. I've been burned by turbo CRXs from a 90MPH+ roll when I was in my old 325is (modded faster than a stock M3). There are older Integra GSRs that are monsters on the freeway and again cooked my goose at 60+ roll ons. I had a silver 90's civic hb give me an awesome run in my 01 M Roadster from 60+ to 130+. He had two others in his car. I've got tons of stories about being creamed, and probably twice as many kills.

The Honda's hat trick is its light weight, the WRX is pig compared to most Hondas. Much like my old S4...

I've found it takes about a solid 300bhp to take care of about 90% of the Honda's out there. I'm not sure if people have forgotten that these guys get crazy WHP (like 300, 400, 500+) out of their engines. There ARE some out there that do it on a daily driver basis.

Street racing is ALL about Run what cha Brung and the experience behind the wheel. No whinning, no sniveling, no excuses, if you can't produce right then and there then go home.

The guy in the Civic choked....oh well, he lost. Go back to shifting 101 and lose some of the anxiety.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

I have no doubt that a civic can run. I've seen it first hand. A modded civic humbled me once in my slightly modded 300zxtt. From a stop. From a roll. And everywhere in between. Before you go questioning my driving skill I knew how to drive that car. And rarely was I beat by a comparable car when it came down to the driver. I think what is causing all the contraversy, is the fact that it takes quite a bit to get them that way. It most certainly can be done, just as it can be done with any car for the right price and know how. But how often do you come against one that's done right? I know I have raced countless "modded" hondas, passed on even more that were no more than sticker powered, and only 1 (one) out of all of them, actually had what it took to not only give me a good run, but embarass me. So yeah, I believe a turbo honda with nitrous COULD beat a WRX. I believe that weight, or the lack thereof, is the civics stongsuit, I believe that Honda builds a good car (owned a 97 prelude, nice little car, but not fast.) I believe I can fly....wait...um...what was I saying? Oh yeah, I just don't believe that a fast civic is as common, or as easy to build as what some people here think. Factor in a bad driver, and I completely believe that the WRX handed it to him.

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by madwagon

I've found it takes about a solid 300bhp to take care of about 90% of the Honda's out there.
    There is the statement of the day!

I had better watch out for all of those old ladies driving civics now cause 90% of them can beat me..... <quaking in my boots>

Last edited by AaronC; 07-26-2002 at 03:10 PM.

Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by madwagon
    I've found it takes about a solid 300bhp to take care of about 90% of the Honda's out there. I'm not sure if people have forgotten that these guys get crazy WHP (like 300, 400, 500+) out of their engines. There ARE some out there that do it on a daily driver basis.
    300HP in what car. 90% of Hondas are bone stock daily drivers. Some feature old people at the wheel. Some feature rust and back seats full of years worth of junk.

Are you telling me that I need 300HP to beat my friends new Civic EX coupe? That's crazy!

-Jim

Watch out for those 500+ hp civic hybrid daily driver vtech superturbocharged beasts that are lurking around now. Talk about sleepers. AND they get 70mpg!!! GEEZ!!! Think how many 1/4 mile runs you could pull off on one tank! Ubelievable.

Yep... all over the place.

I say start with a 1990 Geo Metro. 1600 lbs. Drop in a 350. Boom! You're done. 5:1 weight to hp ratio. Kill everyone, including yourself.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Midnight Black Pearl

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have no doubt Hondas can be fast...but realistically, any car can be made fast. I was watching the Mischief DVD last night and this dude put a DSM turbo motor into his Mitsubishi pick-up...can we say ultimate sleeper?

Whether or not Hondas are fast or not isn't the point here. Madwagon summed it up...the guy in the hatch choked. There's nothing else more to say.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

RSXracer200
    hey every1 come vote at this popularity vote someones doing on me...i want to know how many fans i got out there. lol

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showt...=&threadid=6967

Originally posted by Verdugo
    I have no doubt Hondas can be fast...but realistically, any car can be made fast.
    I agree with everything but this "I have no doubt Hondas can be fast... "

Have doubt. Have a lot of doubt. Hondas never were fast, never are fast, and never will be fast. Why? Simple, no torque. So swap in a GSR motor! Great, you've just gone from 90lb-ft to 128lb-ft. That is still half of what the WRX puts out. Is it any wonder that there are no Hondas that can compete? Nope! Simple physics really. HP sells cars, torque wins races.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Wow, it's amazing how much mis-conception flys around about Honda's on non-Honda oriented sites lol. I mean seriously, you guys commenting on how much a Civic can/cannot take, do you have any hands-on Honda experience? I'm guessing this is mostly stuff you've *heard* eh? Shame on you guys...

Surley this is gonna turn on me, so let me divulge my car/setup here. No it's not a 106hp beast, actually I got the 127hp version, yea 20more hp, and 1 more lb-ft of torque.... that's right 1 more lb LOL!! Anyways, I'm on a GReddy bolt-on kit myself running on a stock motor (when I say stock I mean never been opened, 100% internally stock) with 108k miles, boosting 10psi daily and making 217.7whp. No, that's not flywheel, that's wheel horsepower which would equate to about 255-ish hp at the fly (roughly 18% loss on the avg. Honda FWD). Now if i'm not mistaken, that means my stock 1.6L SOHC econo-block weedwacker gerbil powered Civic makes almost at the wheels as your WRX's make at the fly. Mind you this is on a 4 year old, 108k mile motor (boosting for over a year/35k miles) while running bone stock internally. Amazing isn't it? I can also supply you with Email address and forum locations of at least a dozen other boosting SOHC owners who are pushing as much if not MORE than I am while running all kinds of 1/4 mile times from deep in the 12's to 15's. Me personally, I bested a 14.1 @ 101mph with a 2.4 60' time thanks to my awesome P185/60R14 Firestone OEM tires which have about as much grip as my dress shoes....

Anyways, I hope we've cleared up some of these misconceptions like "if it ain't swapped, it ain't fast" etc.. afterall, I make a point of whooping ass on B16/18 hybrids all night long in my Civic and have been doing so for over a year.

BTW should anybody have the nerve to call BS, I will gladly show my car if you're in the S. Fla area, and I have dyno video's on the website out website. Yes I have a dyno graph, no it's not scanned.. sorry! And I'm sure Initial-d~4life will vouch, my car is very real.
    Dave
    98 Civic EX
    99 Integra GS-R
    www.makuragi.s5.com

hey now VTC,
    lets be friendly here. i realize that enough people busted on hondas on this thread, but dont go assuming that everyone here thinks the same way they do.
    there are a few members here, and i'll just name one, for example, RSXSucks, who do not represent us as we wish to be represented, so please try to look past that. I dont think anyone has figured out his agenda here, but regardless please do not judge our forum by his posts.
    this club is very friendly and flaming doesnt happen very often here. a very large percentage of the members here are car enthusiasts in general, and they appreciate many different kinds of cars (including hondas).
    so, welcome to the club, and remember that as one of the few honda guys here, you are representing the entire honda community to us WRX guys. have a good one...
    o-|-<) bryan
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 08-05-2002 at 01:00 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.